It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
DCWG.ORG
yeah, totaly legit, sure

Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Status: CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED, CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED, CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED, CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED

Expiration Date: 2013-11-04 19:06:39
Creation Date: 2011-11-04 19:06:39
Last Update Date: 2012-04-02 03:51:39

Name Servers:
dns1.stabletransit.com
dns2.stabletransit.com
See dcwg.org DNS Records

Information Updated: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:05:58 UTC

Registrant Contact Information:
Name: Barry Greene
Address 1: 11692 Westshore Court
City: Cupertino
State: California
Zip: 95014
Phone: +1.4082184669
Email: Email Masking [email protected]

Administrative Contact Information:

Technical Contact Information:

edit on 20-4-2012 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
in english Spock.
What is it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Why am I reluntant to click the link?
Maybe later - anyone want to go
first?

Ha.. Not me. I think anyone that does is allowing a backdoor trojan monitor that will enable them to be tracked and shut-down at will by the Effa Bee Eye.

Too skeptical of the the establishment? I don't think so!... LOL

I checked it out. Didn't see anything weird Mannualy "cleared" my computer as okay.
Did with cmd commend
Also did it with window 7 info
all Clear

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Tell me this, if someone directed you to a "government run website" and said "just click links on the website and we'll remove this virus from your computer for free, and do it before July or you will lose your internet", how many of you would think it was a scam?

I would.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Tell me this, if someone directed you to a "government run website" and said "just click links on the website and we'll remove this virus from your computer for free, and do it before July or you will lose your internet", how many of you would think it was a scam?

I would.

The info to do it manualy with cmd is also there

So you don't even thrust yourseft now that !!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Actually it is "legit" and not a scam. I've been digging and here ya go folks...

Warning a couple of links to the FBI.

www.fbi.gov...
www.boston.com...
forms.fbi.gov...

The plot thickens.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow, it sounds more like a malware site than something helpful. Otherwise why wouldn't the virus-ware subscriptions handle it for us? So we gotta get scanned by THEIR Trojan program or be shut down?

Are we back in the USSR? WT$'s up with that?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If all of this is true and legit, why have we not heard from the millions upon millions of people that are unaware of this problem and have done nothing to fix it. That would be assuming that they have lost their connection and are no longer able to access the WWW? I too checked my PC, which had no virus. (Very Reluctantly, I might add).

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The original hack was genuine (or a false flag, whichever way you look at it) and it is genuinely stated and detailed on the FBI site.

However, this would be an easy way to have everyone "volunteer" to submit their machines to a government database, which is why I'll wait to see what happens later in June and will not be opening up my computer to be scanned by some untrustworthy American government agency.

They probably do it randomly and routinely anyway, but I'm not giving permission for it - which is effectively what you are doing by visiting the site and allowing them to scan.

So you'll potentially lose your internet for a few hours before you find the tools on the MSM to do it another way... big deal. How about people look into the problem, what it does, and find alternatives to opening up their system to be scanned by an already dubious government agency?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallblondealien
If all of this is true and legit, why have we not heard from the millions upon millions of people that are unaware of this problem and have done nothing to fix it. That would be assuming that they have lost their connection and are no longer able to access the WWW? I too checked my PC, which had no virus. (Very Reluctantly, I might add).

So you don't trust it, but you clicked through to do it anyway?

I'm surprised you came back clean with clicking habits like that! lol

This story has been out there since last year. I have seen it reported several times.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wont happen in europe.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well if you've already posted this. Link us to your articles so we can close the thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I see some of this may have already been posted, and if I'm speaking out of turn, smack me with a pickled Herring...

Here's what all I managed to find on dcwg.org:

From the WHOIS database:
Domain Name
CWG.ORG
Created On:04-Nov-2011 19:06:39 UTC
Last Updated On:02-Apr-2012 03:51:39 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Nov-2013 19:06:39 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR97261582
Registrant Name:Barry Greene
Registrant Street1:11692 Westshore Court
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Cupertino
Registrant State/Province:California
Registrant Postal Code:95014
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4082184669

Here is the information regarding the address supplied by WHOIS:
www.spoke.com...
Barry greene isn't listed, but there is a Laina Greene

The site referenced, www.getitcomms.com... leads to a marketing solutions site that doesn't list Barry Greene in any whatsoever.

(This site is who has that previously mentioned street address listed as theirs)

"Global Empowerment Through InformationTechnology (" owns about3 other domains)

**Domains are not searchable apparently. Looked a few places, and for whatever reason, I have to PAY for the results. If anyone has beter access to this info, feel free to investigate!**

Email Search: [email protected] is associated with about 30 domains
NS History: 9 changes on 5 unique name servers over 9 years.
IP History: 8 changes on 7 unique IP addresses over 7 years.
Whois History: 52 records have been archived since 2001-10-27 .
Reverse IP: 1,959 other sites hosted on this server.

Server Type:
Apache/2.2
IP Address:
ASN:
AS33070
IP Location:
United States - Texas - San Antonio - Rackspace Hosting
Response Code:
Domain Status:
Registered And Active Website

****Wait... if they are in California, why is the server in Texas? Maybe I'm missing something, or I just don't thoroughly understand how it all works?****

Personally, I will not be going to this site to "check to see if I'm infected" I'm sure it's hype and all is well on my machines...

Just my .02 anyways...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
GOOD, Maybe some of these hot pocket, mt dew drinking pigs will go outside. It would be nice for them to see there is an actual world outside.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The original hack was genuine (or a false flag, whichever way you look at it) and it is genuinely stated and detailed on the FBI site.

However, this would be an easy way to have everyone "volunteer" to submit their machines to a government database, which is why I'll wait to see what happens later in June and will not be opening up my computer to be scanned by some untrustworthy American government agency.

They probably do it randomly and routinely anyway, but I'm not giving permission for it - which is effectively what you are doing by visiting the site and allowing them to scan.

So you'll potentially lose your internet for a few hours before you find the tools on the MSM to do it another way... big deal. How about people look into the problem, what it does, and find alternatives to opening up their system to be scanned by an already dubious government agency?

Almost every website you visit grabs your dns server info have you ever wondered how advertisements for your area show up? want scarier your ip address can be used to locate you here have fun with this if you want to see what websites can see.

ip2location.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
HI This is my first post on ATS
To me this sounds like a steppiong stone to the real thing when and if the SHTF world wide the very first thing we would lose is the intrnet.. But why would they tell us the FBI is involved. Which therefor also means the government is mixed up in it to.They told us that this is a viris set up by a couple of hackers in Romainia to trick our computors into going to fraudulent websites setup to look like the real deal....and we wont know its infected untill its to late. so the only way we can use the internet will be through thier servers.in the end we will only get the information the government wants us to know. This is the start of control.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Do you know if this malware is on Macs as well? Im a little hesitant to have my computer scanned even though it pretty much just my music and stuff for school on it. How long does the scan take? I imagine that if it's quick it can't possibly search everything; maybe I'm wrong though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join