It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Approves Landmark Climate Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The North American country will become only the second nation--and the first developing nation--taking legal measures to combat climate change.

"No developing country in the world has a climate law, let alone a climate law that has this vision and this ambition, that integrates all of the sectors at the national level in a system for climate change," said Vanessa Perez-Cirera, head of climate and energy programs for WWF Mexico."

Scientificamerican.com

Mexico's Senate unanimously approved landmark climate change legislation yesterday that sets the country on a pioneering path to drastically reduce its domestic greenhouse gas emissions.The measure calls for Mexico to cut carbon 30 percent below business-as-usual growth by 2030 and 50 percent by midcentury. It now goes to President Felipe Calderón, who has championed action to control climate change and is expected to sign it.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why don't they combat the drug war by calling it off?

It's a more immediate threat.

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I like the first comment on the sources page. "So now the people just need to pay more for their bribes to ignore the laws, just like the "cap and trade" scheme." (paraphrased of course)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Why don't you just discuss he topic at hand instead of spewing your ill informed nonsense!

I am sick and tired of this crap.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by satron

Why don't you just discuss he topic at hand instead of spewing your ill informed nonsense!

I am sick and tired of this crap.

Ok, lets talk about the 30% cut in their foot print. Will this be achieved by Bribery or shammed documentation and fake MSM reporting?
edit on 20-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Actually, in Mexico City, there has been a system for allowing a certain number of vehicles to be operative any given day. This system has been going on for a long time. Anyhow, it's great that this legislation is being passed. The time to protect our environment is now. Hope other countries follow.

Global warming deniers, come at me bros!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Ok, lets talk about the 30% cut in their foot print. Will this be achieved by Bribery or shammed documentation and fake MSM reporting?
edit on 20-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

While those are certainly options, and ones used often, i'm curious if you think they are the only ones.

Because there are ACTUAL things that can be done to reduce the 'footprint', like consuming less and aiding reforestation projects, for two.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Hmmmm. Interesting. I've heard them throw this psuedo term of feudalism around alot consuming less?

But what does this really mean?

1. Consuming less food? Why would any sane person every wish to do that. What we need is, good well built up soils (unlike the way they deliberately degraded the soils in their big commercial operations by 90%, since the 90's, in other words we are eating badly degraded foods, from 30 years ago, and when your body doesnt get the right minerals, vitamins and nutrients it starts to cannibilize its own systems, including ortho bone depletion and diseases.

We have oodles of land per person. All of us have been said to fit into Australia on 1/4 acre. Well there was hot debate about that. We'd all fit into Canada on 1/3 or more acres that is for sure, BUT we're all spread out.

So what gives?

What is wrong with them.

We should all be living like this, on our own free land that requires no taxes because we are co-owners of this planet.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

These create their own energy, take no heat or cooling, and recycle water. Mind you, I would certainly not live in this Scarsity idea, as there are clean energies and we need in abundance, from wind/tide/geothermal, to Overunity, the way earth spins, putting those magnetized coils at angles with flex would help so they create SINE/or Heartbeat waves.

Anyway.

That leads into

2. Are we to consume less energy? Well the solutions have been around for decades, for clean energy in abundance, so NO not willing to do that.

3. Are we to consume less products? Hmmmmm.... have you ever wondered why our governments allow corporations to abuse the resources of this planet and make faulty products that break down alot.

I do. I have for years.

Acutally, I'm not willing to cooperate with any of their feudalism or their Scaristiy ideas any longer because they are lying psyhopathic murdering freaks.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by stanguilles7

Hmmmm. Interesting. I've heard them throw this psuedo term of feudalism around alot consuming less?

But what does this really mean?

1. Consuming less food? Why would any sane person every wish to do that. What we need is, good well built

'psuedo term of feudalism'? Do you just mash words together?

Yes, consuming less is a good thing. We have trade agreements that have us shipping food all around the world. That takes fossil fuels. We consume massive amounts of energy to power huge city grids in a very inefficient way. We burn hundreds of millions of gallons of oil to fight wars overseas...

And you think i'm saying we should ration food?

GFTO

new topics

top topics

join