It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking Up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZodiacx
Hello ATS. I know that there are literally hundreds of people waking up every single day in our everchanging world, but I would like to share my own personal story that led me to be enlightened.

It all began with me becoming a skeptic. I would listen to political radio hosts such Rush and Sean Hannity and even though they make me laugh to this day at some of their rants, I was very skeptic about their motives and this is what started it all.

Very Nice,

I agree: through skepticism, one can "wake up." But one shouldn't stop there. Continue your search for knowledge, and destroy and reconstruct every belief system you come across until you've created one you can rightly call your own; the rest is just hearsay and could never pertain to you.

edit on 21-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: pushed wrong button

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I agree...I wonder if it feels the same for everyone. I feel like it's hard to compare experiences though because no one has had the same journey on this plane or in other planes for that matter. I know it's easier said than done, but I wish every person out there could somehow wake up to what is real to them. When you find out what is real to you, you have such a great sense of relief and understanding that it's rather amazing. It seems like it should be overwhelming, but it isn't. It's very mysterious how it happens and that's why you do not see many Science books talking about the soul. No one can explain it!!
edit on 21-4-2012 by xZodiacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
OP I just want to say congratulations for opening your mind and breaking away from a 'traditional' way of thinking.
I believe in God, yet find it difficult to totally believe and support any 1 kind of religion. Maybe they are all wrong, maybe they are all a little bit right....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't see the bible so much as a belief system, but mainly as an instruction manual from contributors who are/were human, and that the belief system of God was already in place, and that the makeup of the bible was simply their interpretation of things and events already secondhand by language and speculation, and that the makeup of the bibliographers themselves was just as variable. There is no wake up call in the bible, or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Zodiac, I gets ya...

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Dude, I don't agree with OP in any way. But I don't feel the need to berate him/her for it. That is simply pathetic. Furthermore, anyone using lazy English like you do (u, ur, urself) has no business calling out anyone for being stupid. Did you get permission from your parents before logging in little child?
To the OP, give yourself(not urself) a pat on the back for at least taking the time to think for yourself and not letting the media do it for you. It is the necessary first step to enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

personaaly i stopped trying so hard to know everything. After opening the doors, the truths seem to find me. There are some who say that we only need to learn to listen. Deep down the truth speaks to us all. For some, the inner voice is drowned out by other distractions. Tuning out these distractions is the trick.

I was reading recently about how feelings and emotion are really an inner voice of sorts. This resonates with the thought, follow your heart.

So to you I say, if you are truly happy and are affecting those around you in a positive way, then what else do you need? Nobody can show you the path, and you my friend sound like youve found a good direction. Keep on walking, take in the scenery and follow your heart
edit on 22-4-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelLingus

Dude, I don't agree with OP in any way. But I don't feel the need to berate him/her for it. That is simply pathetic. Furthermore, anyone using lazy English like you do (u, ur, urself) has no business calling out anyone for being stupid. Did you get permission from your parents before logging in little child?
To the OP, give yourself(not urself) a pat on the back for at least taking the time to think for yourself and not letting the media do it for you. It is the necessary first step to enlightenment.

u r the pathetic u mean about me, piece of creepy jerk, pathetic is who speak about everything and enlightenment of beyond while being less then nothing and always against rights in its own reality to stand for

put all the spells of english letters in ur # head and get out from saying a word to anyone before meaning smthg when anything is meaning to kick u out
give urself a pat on ur face and neck as u should get down since u r still there

as for enlightenment, i tell u the last step, ur end, take it and enjoy

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Yes I agree.I feel like there is only so much that can really speak to you. Some stuff more than others, but like someone had said earlier: there is a little bit of truth in everything.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Wow somebody put on their bigboy pants today. I see you are projecting your numerous shortcomings on to everyone you possibly can. Classy. I might have come on a little strong about your atrocious spelling without first taking into account that you might not be a native English speaker or are (more likely) developmentally challenged.
If this Is the case, I apologize profusely. But nowhere in your incoherent writings did I find anything that resembles a rebuttal to my point about your illiteracy or why you feel the need to berate the OP. Enlightenment is not an absolute quantity for oneness of being or absolute knowledge. It is an ongoing process of discovery of all things with many different paths. The only roadblocks on this path are ego and ignorance, both of which you seemingly embrace with gusto

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join