It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started taking medication... now I feel even more suicidal than before...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

You're not alone mate.
Many people have had this experience over the past 8 years...not just the anathemic reaction to psych meds which isa pretty common occurance..but the whole ' wtf am I possed ?' thing too..I dont have any answers for you or anyone else..but for me ..its been one hell of a journey...all I can say is there is awake and there is WIDE awake...and while I dont know why ..I am holding on to the hope its for a good reason.

Eat good healthy food..rest adn sleep as much as you can...listen to your own words..behonest with and to yourself...hold fast to what YOU know..and know you really are not alone.

cheers

Ro

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

you don't seem to be very smart.

did you not read the side effects list that comes with it...
too busy watching tv i take it...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Most meds have side effects, most people don't get side effects, most side effects are minor and only last a short while ....

This is what Tylenol can do ..OTC pain reliever ....
SIDE EFFECTS: When used appropriately, side effects with acetaminophen are rare. The most serious side effect is liver damage due to large doses, chronic use or concomitant use with alcohol or other drugs that also damage the liver. Chronic alcohol use may also increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Get medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: persistent nausea/vomiting, extreme tiredness, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by R0B3RTF1SH3R
You Obviously are (or secretly) enjoy it or you would change or stop allowing it to keep happening,

It may sound harsh.
However, Its whats really going on, IMO*

edit on 21/4/2012 by R0B3RTF1SH3R because: (no reason given)

Ignore this person, they have absolutely NO idea what it is like to suffer severe depression, and it's idiotic advice like this that can create more problems than they seek to remedy.

wow. so now your defending the right to remedy.
assuming i know nothing about depression, clearly enough to say hey "your addicted to it" thats why it keeps happening. Not wanting to face it is when you invent reasons,excuses,remedies,health ideas to change "something" that you clearly dont want to face. As hard and Lonely as this road gets, You are all you ever had,have and get. Remedy always starts with "I (install system here) have this condition i need to remedy".
I am on medication myself. I have direct contact with the substances within my body and am fully aware of the effects.

why do people see things in polarity all the time?
people are addicted to all sorts of relationships. just look.

edit on 23/4/2012 by R0B3RTF1SH3R because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Most meds have side effects, most people don't get side effects, most side effects are minor and only last a short while ....

This is what Tylenol can do ..OTC pain reliever ....
SIDE EFFECTS: When used appropriately, side effects with acetaminophen are rare. The most serious side effect is liver damage due to large doses, chronic use or concomitant use with alcohol or other drugs that also damage the liver. Chronic alcohol use may also increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Get medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: persistent nausea/vomiting, extreme tiredness, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

get what ...what help ? more drugs with side effects.

you don't seem too smart.you seem to be well brain washed.

"A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare "

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Rare is generally defined as less than 1 in 1,000

Approx 450/500 death's per year from Tylenol
(alcoholics popping more than 3000mg per day are at the highest risk)

Death's from food poisinig aprox 3,000 per year.

Death's from car accidents per year approx 40,000.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

1) Call the doctor who prescribed this junk NOW.
2) Maybe he/she will switch medications
3) I buy over the counter St. John's Wort, the gel caps, no liquid with alcohol.

Ask your doctor if he/she can either switch meds or if you can immediately go off whatever this %$#@ is you are taking. With some medications you need to lower the dose gradually, I am no longer in nursing but do know with some meds you cannot just poof, stop taking them.

Myself I take 5mg of Valium a night before bed to stop nightmares as I have survived 11 years of physical, psychological and sexual abuse and another 10 years of work place abuse recently that leave me every night with nightmares unless I take the Valium (at 10 PM, in my PJs not going out and driving anywhere).

Maybe consider changing doctors - going to a homeopath? Could be a chemical imbalance or something actually physiological in the brain's wiring.

Are or were you a victim of abuse?

Please do not ignore this and get right on this.

Sometimes talking to someone who you have a emotional link and feel safe with might help. Not all psychologists are created equal and some you may interview you will not feel they are the one that will be able to help you. You need to talk to someone about your feelings that you feel safe with and knows what they are doing. We were in counseling for ten years with our oldest son (ADHD) and tried several counselors that were clueless. We finally found one that had been through hell and back herself, not just a A+ text book student but someone who knew first hand the hell we as a family were going through. You may have to interview a lot of "counselors/psychologists" before you find the right one............you need to be able to talk to someone.

Keep a journal, also list what you ate, what you watched on TV (try to only focus on upbeat, fluffy and light stuff......leave dark, heavy, serious stuff to the rest of humanity. This also includes what music you listen to.

Keep a list in your journal of what you eat, watch, drink and listen to and your mood, this may help you and a good counselor to figure out what is causing some of your mood swings.

Exercise also helps.

Drinking and drugs do not help. They numb the pain for a while but in the long run give you more problems.

If you are able, adopt a small dog from a kill shelter. This will make you feel like you at least made a difference in someone's life (saved a life) it might also give you a purpose for living besides dogs love unconditionally.

But, you will need to have enough income to make sure you can take care of the dog - vet bills are not cheap and neither is good food. Also, dogs, like children are a long commitment and require quality time. They need companionship, daily walks (good way to meet people) and to feel loved. In return you will have someone that will never betray your deepest secrets, love you whether or not you are rich, poor, thin, fat, pretty, ugly, whatever.....unlike most humans, dogs love unconditionally.

If you can't do that, maybe donate some time to some charity - Audrey Hepburn and Princess Diana (will always be a Princess to me) always said, that when they felt down, doing something with no payback expected, made them feel a lot better.

Hope this helps.

Suicide is not the answer.

If reincarnation is real, then it's like school and suicide might mean you get to come back and repeat this grade all over again.

Not to mention, people that commit suicide leave their loved ones devastated.

u2u me if you need to talk.

I currently have a lot of my own problems but none as bad as wanting to end my life.

You need to maybe discontinue this medication and find a purpose to your life.

Safe journey.

edit on 24-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Rare is generally defined as less than 1 in 1,000

(alcoholics popping more than 3000mg per day are at the highest risk)

Death's from food poisinig aprox 3,000 per year.

Death's from car accidents per year approx 40,000.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
Kurt Vonnegut

why are trying to hoodwink people?

you are comparing tylenol with 40000 car deaths.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

why are trying to hoodwink people?

you are comparing tylenol with 40000 car deaths.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Thats geat water did this for you!
It isn't helping me any to up my water intake.

It should be noted if you suddenly chug down large volumes of water, it can trigger Water intoxication, which can be lethal.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Oh, what a wonderful week. Firstly, I was in the kitchen making tofu hamburgers, and then suddenly, and for no reason whatsoever, I felt like someone shoved a katana through my kidney. A muscle spasm, maybe, that had me unable to stand, sit, or lay down without experiencing the most intense pain I've felt in many years. This lasted for several days, and I'm still not 100% recovered. It had me screaming in agony, that's how bad it was.

Then about 3 or 4 days later, and for no particular reason, my hard drive melted. I woke up, turned on my computer, and so many files were corrupted that Windows freaked out and re-booted several times to run chkdsk on its own. There was absolutely no reason for this to happen, either. I built this computer myself not even 2 years ago, all brand new parts. Never had a single problem with it, ever.

It's almost as if some unseen force is having a jolly good time ****ing with me. If so, I have two middle fingers for you, whoever or whatever you are.

Now onto another serious matter, or not so serious if you don't care (I am not so sure that I care about it anymore)... I started taking my carbamazepine, which is supposed to help with my psychosis. Instead, I am now more depressed than I ever have been, and I have very long and vivid dreams which make me remember stuff that I have long since buried deep within my brain. This has led me to feeling quite suicidal, as of late... almost to the breaking point. Seriously, one more thing, and I would probably just put a stop to myself. And it seems that fate keeps spitting in my face and causing everything to go wrong. I am literally falling apart, piece by piece. And I finally realized something... I don't belong here. I should have been dead at birth. Hell, I was born with cancer. Obviously something wanted me dead from the very beginning. So... wtf? I don't even know anymore. I've tried praying. God doesn't live here. He doesn't care about me at all. Maybe one of you spiritual guru types can help? Maybe... I'm in no condition, mentally or physically, to do anything anymore. Seriously...wtf... I think I am in hell.

consider this:
dont eat soy unless its been fermented!!!, like soy sauce

get kidney detox tabs asap
get spirulina tabs
allow repressed memories to be processed but maybe give up the drugs for a while to see if it helps, we decide what affects us
forgive as people dont know what they are doing

are you near magnetic fields often? as some people are sensitive , goto the country to see if it helps

edit on 9-7-2012 by canyouhandletruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

It should be noted if you suddenly chug down large volumes of water, it can trigger Water intoxication, which can be lethal.

Unless you are enduring extreme exercise like a marathon, it would be very difficult to choke down enough water to create that situation. It happens from a dangerous drop in electrolytes, and as long as you are eating a little something here and there, the electrolytes will stay in balance. The only way I've ever heard of getting the water intoxication is to continually dehydrate yourself with exercise, not ingest any food, carbs, or other drinks, and drink tons of water along the way. It happens a couple of times at each major marathon, but I've never heard it happening outside of there.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have been eating an all whole foods diet the last few years, and my health improved a lot overall, but after I finally got around to buying, cooking, and eating fresh greens, I'm starting to feel like a new person with a much calmer overall feeling ... even my lifelong problem with motion sickness is going away!

I'm not saying it's easy or quick to buy cooking greens and use them, but it is worth it. By cooking greens, I mean kale, collards, mustard greens, cabbages even. Turnip greens are the best of all but those are unobtainable (short shelf life) unless you grow your own, although do ask for them at your local farmers' market and see what they say. It's really worth it to buy the all-organic varieties, but if all you can find in your area is the non-organic, just cook what you can eat at one meal, because nitrates from commercial fertilizer build up in the leftover greens...better to throw away uneaten leftover commercially raised greens than to save them. Hope this helps.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join