It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Started taking medication... now I feel even more suicidal than before...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

You just gave all the reasons why my niece should be taken off Depakote. Knew it was the drugs they were giving her. She acts the same you describe.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by MrUncreated

Before you do anything else...STOP taking the suicide pills man.

Those things will kill ya just as surely as a bullet to the brain.

You know that's what they want....are you gonna allow them to make you kill? Are you?!

The OP himself acknowledges he is psychotic. So making psychotic comments of this nature is not helping. Maybe you need some meds as well!
I know a number of people who wouldn't be here today without advances in medical science. Rest assured OP, 'they' are not out to get you. But clearly what you are on is not helping. Carbamazepine is a powerful drug and not everything helps everyone. You need to go back to your doctor and get your drugs reviewed.
edit on 21-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Okay, I feel for you greatly and I'm going to try to help you out. So I will try to use vague terms in the post here, and you can PM me so we can try to break this down a little more. The kidney pain is not good, and I suggest you see a physician immediately. You could be experiencing a very nasty thing called a kidney stone, which could be brought about by diet, your current medication, or taking another medication along with your psychosis meds, and believe it or not certain foods are known to react with some medication. Through my life i've been put on a variety of different medication most of which were unnecessary due to misdiagnosis, and well they just didn't work. It's a very common side effect to experience depression or a variety of other nasty side effects when starting a new medication how ever it's probably best to talk to your doctor about anything you experience especially if you are feeling suicidal. My current Anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds gave me horrific nightmares and well a slightly ecstatic feeling for the first month I was on them. I was a freaking humming bird, how ever that has passed and now I feel normal, for the first time in 12 years. I am not allowed to consume any NSAID's (Tylenol, Ibuprophen, Alleve, etc) Because it can cause something known as serotonin syndrome which can be fatal, as well caffeine seams to cause cloudy urine and if consumed in excess Kidney stones. I have to avoid any anti-congestants, no cough syrup of any kind. God the list is miles long, basically I can take no other medications while on this one, which isn't a problem for me because a cold or minor body ache I would take something for is no big deal compared to the psychotic depression I was experiencing or PTSD related Anxiety issues. I can go out in public and not freak out or become violent, this medication has saved my life.

As I have said I truly feel for you, and as T&C prevents me from talking about a lot of this I need you to PM me as some of my questions for you may violate those rules. I want a little bit of history the name of your medication and well just to talk to you, you could be experiencing what is considered acceptable side effects until your body adjusts to the new medication, in which case you can talk to me and maybe that will help for now. Or I can help you figure out if something you eat, drink or take is amplifying the negative effects.

MODS: This is really important, I only listed NSAID's ( Non steroidal anti inflamatory drugs) to try to help this user out. As well, Tylenol, Alleve and ibuprophen are common medicines found in almost every home. As a long term sufferer of depression, and anxiety related to PTSD I feel for the user a great deal and would like to offer any help I can please if you have to remove the post could you send a copy to the user..... Thank you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

You are #ing terrible I hope you rot, this is quite possibly the worst advice you could give this man at this time!!!!

I understand there are both known, and fantastical fantasy conspiracies that involve the field of medicine, non the less psychiatric medicine, but I do not believe they are trying to make him a killer. He's probably far more dangerous with out medication so go eat that foot you just put in your mouth.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The best advise that I can give you is this.

Check your drug info sheet that comes with every medication you get. Find out what the side effects are.

If Increased suicidal tendentcies or thoughts is one of them, which is concidered a serious side effect in ALL cases that I have come across.

Then I would consider to Immediately stop taking the medication and call your doctor immediately. No ifs, ands, or buts. The sooner the better.

The logic here is if the med was making you vomit would you continue taking it. I hope you answered no.

So in turn if the med is making you feel like you want to end yourself more then why would you even think about taking it anymore. Even more so if the drug is prescribed to do the opposite of the side effect.

Sadly these days drugs are being approved and pushed at a faster rate (mostly for profits). At the same time with more deadly side effects. So people have to force themselves to become more educated about the drugs they take or face what could be some very bad life changes, maybe even death.

DO NOT JUST STOP TAKING THE MED WITHOUT TELLING YOUR DOCTOR. I can't stress this enough.

By telling your doctor your going to stop taking the med is not only the best thing to do. It will get him to deal with the issue faster and not blow it off.

Be clear, be upfront, be honest and if he fights you about it. Seek a second opinon.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I had similar issue when taking Quetiapine, it was given to me as an addition to my normal Citalopram (60mg), it had a profound effect on me which I didn't enjoy at all.

The mix of those two and the tramadol, diclofenac and propranalol really didn't work...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I feel you (trust me.. i do)

It's one of the reasons i simply REFUSE to take psychomeds.. Getting the right ones is a process of trial and error and if they give you the wrong ones, it can go downhill VERY fast.

Im not trying to talk you out of your meds, but please know that this risk is very real with these type of drugs.

It might sound cliche, but what helps alot for me, when something bad happens, is to think "Well, im pretty sure someone else out there is in a worse situation than i am atm"

Ever since i started thinking like this, i started feeling better.

Hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I used to think out of a textbook until I got older. We are all here for the experience of free choice and thought, and to eventually return to the source of our own desire. The medication may or may not help. Id recommend what some others said and try changing your diet/water intake. Just make sure there are no counter indications with your medicine. If you start feeling better from this, you can talk with your doctor about changing your routine. I'm a believer that you chose to come here in this vessel for the experience. If you feel fatalistic then you are not at proper balance and need to make changes so you can be happy. Science has proven that hope and happiness can stave off many ailments. A medication is not likely to bring you to these changes on its own. Take care, remember you are made of stars like the rest of us!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Personal responses to medication for depression:

Zoloft: Helped with the depression, but stopped having an effect on the anxiety after about 6 months. #ed up my sex drive

Next meds that I forget the name of: Made me feel more depressed and lethargic, and gave me the shakes, and after a while I started having suicide fantasies again. I stuck with them for a month and then changed them.

Cymbalta: Took about four weeks to start working properly. Sleep patterns are still wonky, but anxiety is fairly contained and depression only hits on the odd occasion. I'm taking only half the standard dose though, so it won't have full potency. (My choice - I want to deal with my issue more with CBT.)

Summary: Drugs are oddly random. There is no such thing as the perfect drug, which is part of the reason why there are so many on the market. Keep in contact with your doctor. If you feel worse, tell them. And keep lifeline (or whatever the equivalent is) on speed dial. Getting help is not a sign of weakness - it's a sign of intelligence. Only an idiot refuses help when needed.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Hell would be being the hottest looking woman in a Bosnian rape camp.

This made my stomach turn but you made a very good point. I have suffered from depression various times through my life but I will never forget that post, your other examples were very good too.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you want me to cure you with dmt come up to canada I will give you therapy without any pharmaceutical drugs

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The pain you are describing; stabbing with a katana in your kidneys would be a kidney stone. I have had 23 of them so I know the pain oh so well.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your status, I've been dealing with depression on and off for the past 7-10 years. I never took or bought medication prescribed to me by doctors, after the first year of dealing with it. When I feel really super depressed, I make tea, marijuana tea. 2 buds in a 300ml glass, and I take my time drinking it, if I don't drink tea, I'll light up and take 2 tokes.

Since last June I was dealing with sciatica, the 'weed' helped with the pain before bed, and I didn't have to use it everyday, just days where it was too much to handle. Bed ridden for 3 1/2 weeks, I eventually went to see a Traditional Chinese Doctor, walked in with a cane, hunched over like a man of 120, 7 sessions later, and no need for a cane. 7 sessions in a row, a total of 10.

The tea basically throws my depression to the curb for more than a month at a time, NOW I'm not saying it would or will work for everyone, I just noticed it works for me.

Hope you get better soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hang in their chap, I was but on meds for depression and anxiety and in all honestly they made things much worse like you I was having crazy dreams and bad panic attacks and a whole manner of other little side effects.
At first I was on a few different meds then on fluoxetine for nearly a year and they did cause me to do some stupid things, I'm off them now and am getting there so to speak but the best thing that helped me was a positive attitude mind over matter and all that it really did help.

Contact your doc and explain what is going on especially about the kidney pains ASAP, he/she may tell you to give them time but kidney pains could be a bad side effect of the meds and should be seen to urgently.

Hang in their and stay safe

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Maybe ur ready to press the button? what u could be experiencing is symptoms of ego death.

www.roage.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

first of all im a nutrionist,stop or ween off the meds!start taking some good vits,no hard pills just capsules,vit c is good omegas 3,6,9 for depression,fish oil provides this.stay away from Dr.s they will kill you!see a holistic one.amino acids you need,b vits,6 and 12,zinc is a big deficientcy in people which causes all kinds of problems,look at your nails,do they have white spots on them?,zinc deficientcy! any more q's just ask! hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

OK, you need to discuss this with your doctor. Maybe some adjusting needs to be made or additional medication. Or just leaving this one and starting with another.

Most psycho active medicines are tricky in the first weeks of using them. Suicidal tendencies are normal, just read the leaflet that came with your anti deps.

AS SOON AS YOU FEEL SUICIDAL URGENCIES YOU NEED TO CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR! I assume you have access to a 24/7 psychiatric crisis center? In case it's weekend or night.

I speak from experience.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rotten338

Sure one needs to have a balanced diet, yet psychosis needs to be treated immediately. Have you ever been there? I have, so healthy living etc is after care or just general healthy practice.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Take all you read here and use some common sense to sort it out. Apoc 36 said your stabbing pain sounds just like a kidney stone. That is definitely something to get on top of (see a Doctor).

Anyone telling you stop your meds without taking to a doctor, especially when you are suicidal might just as well be handing you the knife you finish yourself off. My brother lost a bi-polar friend who tried to go cheap and medicate himself with fish oil only. He killed himself.

If you are suicidal, can't talk to a doctor because it's a weekend get yourself to an Emergency Room for evaluation.

Don't go taking in illegal drugs. They might work for some and they might destroy you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Th3MissingLink

The medication available right now for psychiatric disorders has suicide as a side effect in the first days/weeks of using. Unfortunately newer and better medication isn't here yet. The sick brain needs to literally process the new drug and only after a balance has reached side effects disappear (at least the worst ones) and the beneficial effect start.

Having said this, it depends on which class of medication. Anti psychotic drugs work immediately by surpressing the parts in the brain that go haywire. If such a medication is making somebody worse than another type is given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join