It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaotic scene in Montreal as protest continues, 8 arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Chaotic scene in Montreal as protest continues, 8 arrested Read it on Global News: Global News | Chaotic scene in Montreal as protest continues, 8 arrested

MONTREAL - A chaotic scene unfolded at a high-profile event featuring Jean Charest, with rubber bullets, projectiles and tear gas raining on what was supposed to be the Quebec premier's political parade. Read it on Global News: Global News | Chaotic scene in Montreal as protest continues, 8 arrested

Source

It will start with this generation. The ones enslaved to ever increasing debt and no way out. Some may call it the "me me me" generation, but what is so deplorable in wanting to be able to live? to be able to own, not rent, to be able to settle down, raise families as was once possible.

Sure, "we've got it good" here in North America, but soon we won't. The ones in charge ignore the real issues and continue to sell out to corporations. Don't worry, the next generation will pick up our tab.

This generation's back is against the wall.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

I applaud those protesting, even causing problems, over tuition and debts.

At such a young age our generation is burdened by an insane amount of debt.. Older people wonder why people my age, mid 20's, are living with their parents? Because we have more in tuition debt than a typical mortgage! And if you're like me, in your 20's with school loans and a mortgage.. you can't help but feel enslaved. Because you are. You work your ass off to pay debts, and that's it.

I hope our generation is the one to rise up and take on the beast: Usury. It is enslavement... it is a violation of our basic Human rights.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If you come from a poor family, the only way to get to college is to look for scholarships and grants. If you can't find enough of either, you're usually stuck with loans.

I accept the debt burden from my education.I would rather my debt come from something that enriched me than something that was material and frivolous.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

It's nice that you can justify your debt. "I'm happy to go into debt for an education" .. no, that's not rational .. that's conditioning.

The pressure to place yourself into debt for the sake of education that will take 20+ years to pay off is morally, ethically, fundamentally wrong. There is no rationalizing it.. it's simply wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You are correct on all points.

The sickest thing to me is to see the "Blame the Victim" mentality. The older people feel uncomfortable to look at the truth, as to how bad the gen-Y / Gen-z have it. So instead of standing in solidarity they turn the blame on those who are already suffering.

It's like seeing somebody on the floor who is crying out in pain and it makes you feel bad but instead of bending down to give them your hand, they kick them in the ribs instead.

top topics

join