It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turnover and Upheaval at top of Florida Department of Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Upheavel Continues at Florida Department of Health
and an earlier version Here.

So far there are at least 11 high-ranking officials resigned over the past few weeks.

The list of former staff includes Frank Farmer, former Secretary of Department of Health; Kim Berfield, former Deputy Secretary; Phyllis Sloyer, former director of Children Medical Services Director; Lisa Conti, former environmental health director; Jean Kline, formerly of emergency medical operations; Julie Meadows-Keefe, formerly a chief legal counsel; and attorney Donna Erlich.

This has been somewhat popular in the news in Florida, but it is a real head-scratcher. The resignation of Surgeon General Farmer was for the health of his wife, it seemed innocent enough at the time, but what happened afterwards was odd. People begin resigning, or being let-go for no apparent reasons. Some gave cliche reasons, but some, such as Annette Phelps, said they were leaving with mixed emotions. Others didn't get a chance to give any reasons, just here one day, gone the next!

I suppose a place like ATS can insert whatever conspiracy they like.

There is the Sick Fish going on in the Gulf, and related to the oil spill. Many articles about that on ATS, and in the national and local press.

There is the closing of the only dedicated Tuberculosis Hospital that is contraversial and directly related to budget cuts.

There were a few scandals of Swine Flu cover-up, and there were many doctors upset at the use of sentinel docs, and lack of coverage of the real numbers.

As in any government operation, there are always funding scandals, but the only major one I can come up with is from 2008, which is odd considering the amount of rumors on this issue.

Fees charged to healthcare practitioners have been in the news lately, but just seems like too narrow of a base to cause resignations.

So far, the health journals in Florida have written about the resignations 3 different times, but there is no clear cut reason why they are continuing. Just putting it out there for the dedicated ATSers. Is there some scandal brewing in Florida?
edit on 20-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Any off them heading to Denver area

Or they were just not doing there job

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Great question!

I wonder if any have decided to relocate out of the state? That would be an alarm bell if the state's health officials started vacating the state.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I dunno - I live in Florida and two years ago when I was applying for my license through the state DOH it was a huge cluster f@ck that myself & everyone who graduated with me experienced. I would say it was incompetence just from my own experience with them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Great question!

I wonder if any have decided to relocate out of the state? That would be an alarm bell if the state's health officials started vacating the state.

Any off these are from there
The List of Bank Resignations Keeps Growing! It's quadrupled, in fact!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Massive Wave Of Resignation (Part IV): It's Not Slowing Down!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here the lastess
594 RESIGNATIONS FROM WORLD BANKS, INVESTMENT HOUSES, MONEY FUNDS
I don't mind if you re-blog this listing. Save yourself the wear and tear on your karma and do me the favor of including americankabuki.blogspot.com... in your reposting. Thanks to all who have caught minor errors. Special thank to Gabriel at Facebook Global Mass Resignations for some resignations I did not find in my searches.

Abreviations used:
CEO = Chief Executive Officer
CFO = Chief Financial Officer
CIO = Chief Investment Officer also can be Chief Information Officer (head of IT)
COO = Chief Operating Officer
EVP = Executive Vice President
CRO = Chief Risk Officer
INC = Incorporated (can be private held or publically traded shares)
PLC = Public Limited Company (publicly traded shares can be listed or unlisted on stock market)
LTD = Limited Company (privately held)
LLC = American version of LTD, but can have a shareholder/member that is an INC, often hybrids of both
AG = German version of PLC
AB = Swedish version of PLC
SA = Society Anonymous in various latin languages - same as PLC
NV = Dutch version of PLC
BV = Dutch version of LTD
LP = Limited Partners (partnership with limited liability)
REIT = Real Estate Investment Trust

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I've followed those threads, but I haven't added anything, because it really has me speechless! I don't know what to think about all of those resignations. Is it scandal? Is it people going into hiding? Is it normal and we just don't usually hear about it? Is it criminal?

I don't think the folks at Florida's department of health would have any connections to those bankers, but who knows?

Could there be something massive on the horizon that could be kept secret? I don't think so, but again, I can't rule it out I suppose.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It could be rats leaving a sinking the ship. Or were told to leave after the incompetence. Or some could have known how bad it is and decided to get off the train. It can be a combo of the two, three.. Possibly none or more. But peeps like that connected in that manner don't just "decide" to leave. Notice the positions too, folks don't leave a job like that unless they are retiring or for greener pastures.

The devil is in the details my friend. Watch and let's see what they do AFTER they left their job. Can't call it now. But if they suddenly decide to relocate out of state then we got a problem.

Damn, we're going to have to do a wait and see approach.

Edit: A quick google search brought me to something, an archive article and a few comments that leads to
Former legislator leaves top post at state health agency, read the comments. Interesting comments...
edit on 20-4-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh come on, the state is infamous down here for massively screwing up everything they touch. The entire state government is one giant clusterfrack of corruption & incompetence. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone finally decided to crack down & clean up the house, so to speak. It's been needed done BADLY for a long time.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Update

Turnover in the Florida Department of Health continues with recent departures in the staff in the agency’s state contracting unit as well as the family health services division.

Rose Leah Gardner initially resigned on a phone call with Kristina Wiggins, a deputy secretary at the Department of Health, on April 5. Wiggins confirmed Gardner’s resignation in an email the next day.

Gardner worked with Gary Mahoney, the former deputy secretary of administration, and Matt Kirkland, the bureau chief for finance and accounting, both of whom resigned in March.

DOH communications director Ryan Wiggins said Gardner’s resignation “has nothing at all to do with any previous resignations.”

Gardner’s evaluation shows she was charged with strengthening the department’s “contracting integrity and oversight of federal and state resources.”

She was described in her annual evaluation as the agency’s "in-house expert in state and federal financial assistance oversight and Florida Single Audit laws and compliance.” Her evaluation notes that with proper staffing and support Gardner could “save the state millions.”

Annette Phelps, the director of the department’s family services division, resigned April 13. In a letter to interim Department of Health Secretary Steven Harris, Phelps said she tendered her resignation with “mixed emotions.”

For 30 years she worked at the department and helped develop maternal and child health programs such as Healthy Start but she resigned to take another job.

Phelps also received high scores on her evaluation.

There has been significant and abrupt turnover in high level administration at the Department of Health in the past six months.

There have also been several other key positions recently terminated or vacated that haven't seemed to hit the news yet? No idea why this is happening, or what the end game is, but most of the turnover is not voluntary.

Governor Scott did appoint a new Surgeon General this past week, but he won't officially take the helm until the end of May. The turnover seems unrelated to that.

top topics

join