It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Right is not a Priviledge.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Here is a link to the Bill of Rights it is a two page link and all of it is there. Neither of you are correct.

www.archives.gov...

It can be argued that these days we no longer have freedom of speech or freedom to assemble or freedom from unlawful search and seizure. You are living in a dream.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

I am a fan of free will, but fear that uncontrolled free will would lead to an oppression I wish not to imagine.

I'm not endorsing our government with a 100% satisfaction rating. However, I do still believe it's the best thing going.

edit on 20-4-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I already have that link. There was a thread done on this a while ago and people who know alot more than you or I said that driving is a right and not a privilage. They offered legal precident and quoted case law. So use search and find the thread. I would do it for you, but I have to go out for a while. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That is not how it works. If you oppose me then it is your job to pony up. I provided you with a link and asked you to show me where freedom of travel is. Still waiting.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You don't really understand just how lucky you are to be able to voice your opinion with little to no fear of government involvement.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

That is not how it works. If you oppose me then it is your job to pony up. I provided you with a link and asked you to show me where freedom of travel is. Still waiting.

Here's your link. Sorry I have a life and couldn't do your research for you earlier.

link

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

You don't really understand just how lucky you are to be able to voice your opinion with little to no fear of government involvement.

Unfortunately, you are completely wrong. I understand very well. That's why I continue to live here,as messed up as this place is these days. We still have a few freedoms left.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
At this rate, you will never reach a consensus.

Please remember.

A "right" is not "given."

You have the "right" to exist. No one can deny that of you without ending your existence, rendering the question moot.

A "privilege" is a social contract. It is extended, not by force or compulsion.

The privileged may confuse privilege for a right.

And the resentful may characterize a right as a privilege.

The real question becomes what are our rights? Can they be numbered? Are they not self-evident? What makes something "not a right"? Who gets to say? Or can it be reasoned out?

Can you? Without resorting to the trappings of cultural context?

Most don't want to.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I agree with you OP but there will always be people that want to argue to make themselves seem smarter than they really are.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Definitions for Right (noun)
Definitions for Privilege

A right is a privilege that one is entitled to. A privilege is a right. Or at least that is what they believe at Merriam-Webster.

Making the right to exist a moot point did not address the lack of consensus in this thread for me. Rights and privileges are more relevant to the amount of personal control we each enjoy over our existence.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I apologize. I read your previous posts again, and realize that I drew conclusion that were not evident by your posts.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

How very helpful. I am not going to wade through a several page thread to glean out whatever argument proves your statements. That is your job. If you cannot support what you have said by showing me in the Bill of Rights, then we are done here.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Lazy much?
Figures.
Why read and learn when ignorance is bliss.
Stay happy!
edit on 4/21/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

The whole thread is about rights and privilages.
This topic has been discussed many times.
There are around 10 pages of threads about this topic.
I waded through to find you the thread I was speaking of.
Now you don't want to read it,it's not even that long.
Guess you will remain in a blissful state.
edit on 4/21/2012 by lonegurkha because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Is ok, I wasn't offended.
Thanks for taking the time to reread my posts.
I appreciate you taking the time.
LG

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Why do you seek official government conformation when it is they who deceive and manipulate?

It's like asking your captors to give you the key to your prison cell.

" You can't solve a problem with the same level of thinking that created it" - Einstein.

<< 1   >>

join