It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Departmet of Defense Wants.....Your Second grader??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Just passed out a flyer from our school system. ........ and....."experience the military."

It's just fun activities designed to stimulate and engage kids during summer break.

And you are spreading this???
Why are you on ATS?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Has anyone read the whole thread? The OP themselves said the DOD is not involved. The school just said that for whatever reason.
reply to post by Juston

THANK YOU.

Don't keep spreading this around though.... you get singled out and labeled a sheeple for that...

This is ATS every has to be a horrible conspiracy

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Has anyone read the whole thread? The OP themselves said the DOD is not involved. The school just said that for whatever reason.
reply to post by Juston

THANK YOU.

Don't keep spreading this around though.... you get singled out and labeled a sheeple for that...

This is ATS every has to be a horrible conspiracy

Even if the DOD is not directly involved, it is still a concept that children should not be exposed to.

Kids have no clue that it is not the real DOD. It makes no difference to them at all.

Interesting, in Afrikaans the world dood means dead. I know it is not exactly like dod, but with my Afrikaans background this abbreviation immediately brought the association with death.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You know, I pretty much knew it was probably nothing more than a theme they were going with when I first saw it. But, i mean, if you pulled that out of your grammar-school-age child's schoolwork folder, wouldn't you get a funny look on your face and say what the...??

Not everything is a conspiracy, certainly not, but you do have to wonder who came up with that and who thought it would be a good idea. I certainly didn't! Even my husband commented how 'they're starting them young' when I read it to him, so it really was kind of a puzzling thing find from an elementary school.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the fact its boot camp themed is kind of weird, "drafted by the Department of Defense"?....

thats a little suspicious, but as an outreach program it would make sense if they wanted to connect with the community and give a positive spin on things.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Just passed out a flyer from our school system. Special week-long day camps offered for the kids. There's cake decorating, sewing, dance, fitness, pottery, duct tape art (I am dying to know what this is going to be), comic drawing, CSI, cosmetology, and....."experience the military."

It's just fun activities designed to stimulate and engage kids during summer break.

Yah, nothing at all to worry about here, folks!

Sit back, relax, open a can of coke, veg out in front of the tellie and introduce your kids to the most
peaceful!
loving!
spiritual!
uniting organisation that brings nations together!
extends lives!
has your and every other human life on this planet's well being at heart!

Yeah, and I am Angelina Joli!
edit on 20-4-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

What's the problem with these camp ideas? I don't see anything wrong with them, and I certainly don't think it's a conspiracy to turn our children into zombie military squads.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just passed out a flyer from our school system. ........ and....."experience the military."

Why are you on ATS?

Denying ignorance.

This isn't a conspiracy. It's an exercise program that is designed to appeal to young boys. They'll be doing cardio workouts, lightweight strength training, running through obstacle courses, and generally having fun.

Wait....maybe if the county had called the program "Survivalist Training" it would meet ATS standards?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There probably isn't a whole lotta nefarious in this one, except for the insensitive nature of most "average Americans" when it comes to the military and "Defense". Everyone just thinks it's normal and okay to "play soldier". It's really quite disturbing when you think about it.

The language used is irresponsible, however lighthearted it was intended to be. 8-10 year old children don't understand the concept of a 'draft', and this could be their first lesson what a military draft is, and it could possibly lead them to being light on the real issue as they get older. So yes, I would say it is conditioning, whether the people responsible realize it or not, that is what they are doing.

Why did it even have to be "boot camp" themed anyway, couldn't think of something else... ? Lacking creativity in a public school? Say it ain't so.

What if this was a flier from Iran?

"Bring your towels and a camo shirt, we're doing a field day Boot Camp in the Islamic Republican Army. Get ready to BE Fit soldiers!"
edit on 20-4-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The wording was in poor taste. Especially the "drafted" part.
My guess is the school will change it to something more palatable next year.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I personally don't see a problem here. The school wanted to go with a theme and decided that a field day is showing strength like our military. I think it's cute not conspiracy. I have an eight year old too and she probably will or already has forgot her field day already!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot
reply to post by hawkiye

I think you have lost your grip on reality... take the tin foil off your head and go get some air for a while

Yeah lets keep the generational brainwashing going by glorying the military to 2nd graders and that they are all fighting for freedom and their country. So we can keep sending or sons and daughters sisters and brothers off to die in wars for banksters oil and politically connected corporations.... Sigh!

On the contrary slick I have a firm grip on reality it is the sheeple that repeat this crap and think there is nothing to it that are hopelessly stuck in the the illusion of honor and glory of the military... I am sure you did not read General Smedley Butlers speech did you. He was only the most decorated Marine of his time but his most courageous act was when he exposed the lies that people like you are still believing and thinking it is ok to expose your children too...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Seriously guys? You never played GI Joe?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Why are you on ATS?

Denying ignorance.

This isn't a conspiracy. It's an exercise program that is designed to appeal to young boys. They'll be doing cardio workouts, lightweight strength training, running through obstacle courses, and generally having fun.

Wait....maybe if the county had called the program "Survivalist Training" it would meet ATS standards?

Hi!

You are not getting my point at all.

Are you pro war?
(You realy feel within yourself that killing people from another country, in their own country, is cool and justified as a form of trying to keep PEACE ON EARTH.)
Are you happy with your government and the way they kill (and have killed) millions of innocent people in other countries in the name of war?
Many of those, being innocent children?
Do you trust that the atmosphere/possiblity of America becoming a military state is a good thing?

If you replied 'no' to any of these questions, then that supports my answer.

IT IS ABOUT CONDITIONING. Preparing children's minds for thoughless accpetance of military.
As I said previously, this excersize makes the military seem Supar Cool the the kids.
Humans are most vulnerable for porpaganda and forming of their perceptions during childhood.

Do you then think the military is Supar Cool?

If yes, then you will not get my point because the foundation of our perceptions of the true state of the world differs like night and day.

To me, allowing my kids to be exposed to anything military, is like SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I star you, and salute you in the name of kindness,truth and peace!

It is amazing to me how a level of insanity is being practiced by humans.
Insanity?
Yes, Insanity.
To do the same thing over and over and keep expecting a different result is insanity.
Over and above the horrors, evils, egotism, greed, digusting reprocussion of war, surely these crazy institutions should have come to the conclusion already that peace has never been achieved through war yet. And never will.
Ahhh.... but of course, it has never been peace they are after. They only want us to think it is peace, freedom and safety.

As far as I know, the specie called HUMANS, are the only specie in the entire creation that will fight and kill their own kind of specie, make war on their own specie, and cause their own specie extreme pain, suffering and grief.

Maybe they are just bored because they cannot shoot aliens.

Why expose our kids to this insane way of thinking?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The military is NOT cool!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Hi!

Are you pro war?
(You realy feel within yourself that killing people from another country, in their own country, is cool and justified as a form of trying to keep PEACE ON EARTH.)
Are you happy with your government and the way they kill (and have killed) millions of innocent people in other countries in the name of war?
Do you trust that the atmosphere/possiblity of America becoming a military state is a good thing?

IT IS ABOUT CONDITIONING. Preparing children's minds for thoughless accpetance of military.
As I said previously, this excersize makes the military seem Supar Cool the the kids.
Humans are most vulnerable for porpaganda and forming of their perceptions during childhood.

If yes, then you will not get my point because the foundation of our perceptions of the true state of the world differs like night and day.

To me, allowing my kids to be exposed to anything military, is like SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY.

Sorry, but I disagree.

I've studied the mental and social development of young children. I've worked with children my entire professional life. I've seen how kids play, and I know what appeals to kids.

Boys tend to play games that involve a good guy and a bad guy. Over the years I've watched boys play Batman and Joker, Cops and Robbers, Power Rangers, FBI, and more. By far the most popular games for boys are centered around a "fight" of some sort. This is a developmental stage and is very common.

Our school district holds these day camps to stimulate and engage the kids during summer break. So they name the courses with catchy titles that appeal to the children. Hence the "military experience" course.

Do I believe this is an attempt to brainwash our boys to turn them into warmongers? No. Do I believe this supports war? No. Do I believe this is a way to get our boys engaged socially and physically? Yes.

It seems to me the main objection to this course is the name. That's easily solved. Simply explain to the school system that you object to the military moniker and ask them to change it. Problem solved.

And a star for you for presenting your objection in a calm and polite manner. That's kinda rare on ATS, so job well done.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hi!

Are you pro war?

Sorry, but I disagree.

I've studied the mental and social development of young children. I've worked with children my entire professional life. I've seen how kids play, and I know what appeals to kids.

Boys tend to play games that involve a good guy and a bad guy. Over the years I've watched boys play Batman and Joker, Cops and Robbers, Power Rangers, FBI, and more. By far the most popular games for boys are centered around a "fight" of some sort. This is a developmental stage and is very common.

Our school district holds these day camps to stimulate and engage the kids during summer break. So they name the courses with catchy titles that appeal to the children. Hence the "military experience" course.

Do I believe this is an attempt to brainwash our boys to turn them into warmongers? No. Do I believe this supports war? No. Do I believe this is a way to get our boys engaged socially and physically? Yes.

It seems to me the main objection to this course is the name. That's easily solved. Simply explain to the school system that you object to the military moniker and ask them to change it. Problem solved.

And a star for you for presenting your objection in a calm and polite manner. That's kinda rare on ATS, so job well done.

Agree. When I was primary school age we played soldiers all the time. Boys like hunting each other in play, harnessing that in school activity seems a smart move.

If you want to get boys running around give them laser tag. Mission accomplished.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
OMG FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
THE DOD IS IN LEAGUE WITH KONY!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't even think the DoD is involved. I think it's just a little story to get kids interested and hyped up. Otherwise it would specifically say, "Brought to you by the US Department of Defense" somewhere on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Kids should have an overall exposure to all aspects of real life. School should teach you more than just to be literate. Its not like they are going to the battle field but on the other hand, wait till Iran finds out their entire military complex was taken out by some second graders operating predator drones in South Carolina

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join