It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Departmet of Defense Wants.....Your Second grader??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And you do not see any indoctrination in this? How about conditioning kids for a draft? I guess if you want your kids fighting wars for banksters and oil tycoons have at it.

No I don't...

This is a randomly printed form from one school. Not nationwide.

While maybe I don't want my kids to fight for oil I would like them no have the same Honor and Pride in being a United States Marine like their father was.

Plus I think the next war might be a little bit more serious then a fight for cheaper oil. Get the kids in shape. Slow fat kids are easy targets when we get invaded

Stop making everything anyone says some horrible government conspiracy

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay.....LOL so I called the school (I couldn't wait until later) and I should have done that first. It's a gimmick to get you to buy a shirt...that's all. No DOD involved this year.

I told the lady on the phone they need to find a better gimmick. Apparently, I wasn't the only parent to call! Good to know. My kids are looking forward to it and I usually go and watch and bring Popsicles for the class.

After reading that though, I had visions of drill sargents in my head blowing their whistles and yelling at the poor kids.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by Asktheanimals

South Carolina.

Is this a public school or a school on military base?

OK, just read post above. NM.
good for you for calling though!
edit on April 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
I sense a conspiracy.

I don't. I sense ATS being ATS.

OMG DOD IS DRAFTING KIDS.

But if, for example, there was an outcry that the school wouldn't allow the term DOD, ATS would be

OMG AMERICA IS TURNING COMMIE

Anyway people look. If the D.O.D was really sponsering this, or trying to instill this program across America, trust me, THEY would advertise it...Kinda like the Presidents Fitness Program or whatever.

Jeez, I swear somtimes people get outraged just to get outraged.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
So we all remember field day in school here in America. The days are warm and school's almost out--a day of fun and games and getting out of class.

Well, my twins are in second grade and their field day is coming up soon. Last night when I was looking through their folders, I found this: (I scanned it and cropped the image to keep the size down. The rest was an order form for camo t-shirts with the event and date. I also blacked out the name of the school for privacy reasons.)

Operation Boot Camp! Brought to you by the D.O.D.

The Department of Defense is sponsoring this event this year?? Am I missing something? I read this to my husband this morning and he said, "Wow, they're really starting them young!"

They're 8! This can't be normal. Is it?

It sounds like all it is, is a fat camp using military lingo to get you attention. Do you really feel they want your two year old, but can't take them unless you approve???? If they "wanted" your two years old they would take them, regardless of what you thought. Now, quit being an antagonist and get you head straight. That kind of talk undermines the relationships among society and those we burdened with leading.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As my Daughter is in the 3rd grade this year, I noticed that the 3rd grade students have been skipped for this "Draft". 3rd grade is a pivotal point in elementary school as scholars show it is the point when the student is the most susceptible to influence which is why the education load is so intense for this grade. It is considered the transition grade. All classes like, reading(both oral and silent), mathematics, science, social studies, etc are more complex.

I wonder why if the purpose of the DoD is to "gain followers", why they would not include this grade in their boot camp.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't know. May give the kids some structure.

I thought it was odd that CDC and DOD has moved into our school, but, I'm definitely going to see what classes they offer.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just passed out a flyer from our school system. Special week-long day camps offered for the kids. There's cake decorating, sewing, dance, fitness, pottery, duct tape art (I am dying to know what this is going to be), comic drawing, CSI, cosmetology, and....."experience the military."

It's just fun activities designed to stimulate and engage kids during summer break.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe the kids will get lucky enough to learn how to effectively place a claymore with a live fire demostration using a goat.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I would say the video games are pretty much doing this job,as they were intended. But lazyness,selfishness and bad education are obstructing that effort.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot
reply to post by hawkiye

And you do not see any indoctrination in this? How about conditioning kids for a draft? I guess if you want your kids fighting wars for banksters and oil tycoons have at it.

No I don't...

This is a randomly printed form from one school. Not nationwide.

While maybe I don't want my kids to fight for oil I would like them no have the same Honor and Pride in being a United States Marine like their father was.

Plus I think the next war might be a little bit more serious then a fight for cheaper oil. Get the kids in shape. Slow fat kids are easy targets when we get invaded

Stop making everything anyone says some horrible government conspiracy

Stop acting like a clueless sheeple. No ones complaining about the exercise in and of itself. However if you don't think using the language "you have been drafted" is not early age conditioning for a draft regardless of if it is DOD or just some brain washed school official who thought it was cool then you are naive.

And stop being so emotional about your military service. The next war will be like all the rest to secure resources, oil, and profit study some history. Bottom line is our military has been fodder for banksters and oil tycons for over a century If you pride yourself on being a tough Marine then stand up and be a man and face facts Like Adam Kokesh has and General Smedley Butler did read what he had to say and take the same courage he did to face the truth... War Is A Racket By Major General Smedley Butler

- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

edit on 20-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If it were my child I would complain loudly to the administration about them being in any elementary school for any reason whatsoever.
Yes, they want your child for cannon fodder in their next ill-conceived war.
If you as a parent think that's fine that's your business.
Me, I would have the news crews and every parent aware and make one very large stink about it.

Really? I mean...really? It's just the governments attempt (albeit a poor one) at getting the kids active. MAYBE they are conditioning them, but only to be active and healthy. I don't see any problem here, other than how the government went about advertising. They won't take your kids, they wont brainwash them either, that's what the TV in your house is for.

The school has it's own fitness programs (used to in my day) called Gym Class. There were also intermural athletic programs for after school so no, I really don't see a need for the DOD to be involved in any way with elementary school kids.
Yes, they need to exercise more than they do but that's where parents need to step in and make their kids play outside and put down the PS3 controllers.
This is all about image and the US military who are plenty glorified on tv and other media. Like GI Joe this is about selling very young kids on the idea of a military career ("it's cool").
Joining the military is a deadly serious choice to make, a choice that should be made by a person when they are much older and well-informed and not influenced one way or the other by activities that happen at school.
Schools are for education, not indoctrination.

So yeah, really really!

ETA - after reading the OP's following posts I'm glad to see there is no actual involvement by the military BUT it really would not surprise me at all if they were.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"Involved" probably not, but "sponsoring" is fine. Why shouldn't the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines be marketing themselves to elementary kids while also sponsoring healthy activities and encouraging good behavior?

Face it, only a certain percentage of kids are going to college, but others can make a very good career for themselves by joining the military. I wish I had joined.

The education system these days doesn't do enough to emphasize blue collar skills. It seems like every kid is being groomed for college, but they are not all headed there. We are fallling behind in technical skills and trades. We need to adapt the education system to the real world.

And, although I think there is still a Federal Mandate for physical education, many schools have dropped the program altogether, or lowered it to the required 1 hour per week. And often their idea of physical education is just walking around the block and heading back to class.
edit on 20-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

2 nights ago on the news they said they were dropping ALL arts programs from the schools my kids attended years and where I also taught art.

So now we''ll have a whole generation of overweight kids who have no skills to express creativity either. Frankly, the way schools are run now are more like prisons with metal detectors, cops in the halls, in class detention etc.

It's a really sad state of affairs and the next generations to come will be more reliant on government than any that came before them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I agree with you, Ask The Animals, and would do something along the lines that you would do.

The very institution 'Department of Defense' is something that gets my back up and the hairs in my neck raising. I don't care if they are going to count M&Ms with the kids I will still refuse to obey their 'draft' for these two basic reasons:

1.) In a child's mind this experience will make the Department of Defence seem totally cool. All future choice and reasoning about whether the world actually benefits from such an insane institution as 'Department of Defence' will be wiped out of these kids minds and they will be wide open to anything that this crazy department puts forward to them. Like killing in the name of.... oh.... what was it again...? oil....ah..... power.....ah... control..... ah.....because they can?......ah? Oh yeah! They don't even have to give a reason because the Department of Defence will be so cool in these kids minds that justification is not required.

It should not be call The Department of Defence.
It should be: the Department of Offence.
Or: the Department of Pretence.
Even better: the Department of No Sense.

2.) I absolutely would not trust these monkeys with my offspring. Not even for a moment, thank you very much. There are wonderful mind control tools, little chips that don't come with fish, and all sorts of lovely things in their 'Lucky Packets' which they can stick where the sun doesn't shine, but definately not on or in my child!

This is the same group that has killed many children in many countries for totally...... no reason.

Yes, my view is strong.

No, I am not paranoid.

Yes, this is Above Top Secret.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think you have lost your grip on reality... take the tin foil off your head and go get some air for a while

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It's a really sad state of affairs and the next generations to come will be more reliant on government than any that came before them.

Maybe that is the hidden agenda and end goal?

It is up to us to educate our kids so that doesn't happen. I have a feeling my 4 and 5 year olds would already have a better chance at taking care of themselves than a lot of the teenagers I meet.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Has anyone read the whole thread?

The OP themselves said the DOD is not involved. The school just said that for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Just passed out a flyer from our school system. Special week-long day camps offered for the kids. There's cake decorating, sewing, dance, fitness, pottery, duct tape art (I am dying to know what this is going to be), comic drawing, CSI, cosmetology, and....."experience the military."

It's just fun activities designed to stimulate and engage kids during summer break.

Yah, nothing at all to worry about here, folks!

Sit back, relax, open a can of coke, veg out in front of the tellie and introduce your kids to the most
peaceful!
loving!
spiritual!
uniting organisation that brings nations together!
extends lives!
has your and every other human life on this planet's well being at heart!

Yeah, and I am Angelina Joli!
edit on 20-4-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I can't help but be reminded of the Hitler Youth to be honest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join