It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual motion (almost) motor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
In the linked video I see a modified version of what they call a ‘V Gate’ system.

I know it’s not perpetual motion however that doesn’t mean it’s of no value.
My question is how long do you feel the magnets will last?

If you read the postings below the YT vid many people are saying it’s a fake or he’s using magic tricks. But there are many videos showing people playing with V gates and to make them run they have to ‘pull’ the one magnet away from the disc. This guy seems to find a low friction method of doing just that.

edit on 20-4-2012 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Love this - just love it - thanks for posting.

Ok, why do I love it?

I'm great with making do with what I have at hand - resourceful they call it - but - designing something from scratch is where I foul up.

Anyway. A very long time ago I became fascinated by magnets. The POWER they had when 'opposing' each other just floored me. I was sure there was 'more' to magnets than just the means to stick ABC's to the fridge door.

Later - after learning what the (desire) for perpetual motion was all about? BINGO went the light-bulb in my head - the key had to be magnets.

I envisioned a 'perpetual motion' mechanism consisting of two wheels with opposing magnets attached. Give it that first whirl and it would go on forever!

So yeah - this thread made my day! S&F

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

To overunitydotcom
Yes, It was a joke that I should not do!
I apologize to you and all your friends who have lost time in commenting on ....
The device had to operate the magnet inside a coil that I had in my shirt. Greeting, R.

I don't know if this is legit or not. It was posted in the video description.

edit on 20/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

My question is how long do you feel the magnets will last?

Probably a damn long time. But my main question would be how well does this type of motor work when a load is attached to the shaft (such as an electric generator). An object will spin in space forever because there's zero atmosphere and air friction, but if you attached a load the object spinning in space you would drain the energy from its motion. The difference between my example and this motor, is that this motor provides a continues flow of energy via the magnets, so it could possibly work with a load attached to it. But I don't think it would generate a high amount of output energy in small periods of time.
edit on 20-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
But if you search for v gate on YT you will see a green wheel with the v gate system. On it he pulls the magnet away from the gate to keep it running. There are also several others where people have the same issue 'pull the magnet over the gate'.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Think small desk fan. No cords or batteries.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There does appear to be quite a lot of power tied up with magnetic currents, especially how they can operate over a very long time. It really depends on what type of magnet it is for how long it will last. Most of them do seam to lose some magnetic strength over time. But a quick, instant recharge of 200 000 volts gets the magnetic field realigned and strengthened again with some types of magnets. There are many types around.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Greetings,
Magnets should last decades for these applications.
There are several magnetic/generators out there. The problem is that most inventors do not have the resources to really develop their ideas. I knew one person who had a working unit , but the person financing his died. The other problem is government suppression. This has been going on since the 1920's.

To keep up with the developments in alternative energy ck :peswiki.com...

These devices do not violate the law of physics as some have claimed, but they do open new doors.

This engine will be available in about six months. virgin-engine.com...
It is a closed system system that will run for several years on a small canister of mixed noble gases. You will be able to run you home and car on this engine.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have an issue with peswiki.
They seem to take any article they can find. So you don't really know which one have any real merit.

As to the government or who ever suppressing these things. Hogwash.
Would the gov of Iran supress them from the US public? They would love nothing more than to poke their finger in the eye of the US gov.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

In order for a motor to be useful, it has to create HorsePower. It has to drive a clutch assembly of some sort, which translates the energy into some thing mechanical. It would seem to me that the device would stall out under a load.

There are numerous frictional factors to consider as well, the white cam for example would wear over a period of time.

I also have problems with it being made of plastic and wood. Doesn't seem very durable.

Perhaps to induce an electric current, it may be useful, add a coil in the design and it may light up a light bulb.

Interesting.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I don't know if this is legit or not. It was posted in the video description.

It HAS to be legit or those poor people in that major South American country will be without power. This may have been their final hope.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

top topics

join