It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ cop found "psychologically unfit" for duty after trying to stop colleagues from beating innocen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Thats informative, thanks.

Although 'failing to assist a fellow officer' probably just means she didnt help him break the law n some fashion.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is no "innocence" in the eyes of a rabid cop.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

The policewoman who tried to stop the beating of the citizen, and who is now facing the loss of her job for the reason of acting sane in an insane situation, should be promoted to Police Chief and given the keys to the city.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Im surprised that they didnt just taser him first. Before beating the hell out of this poor guy. This is what people of the world are jealouse of? They hate America for its freedom and democracy?
These two coppers are not even getting charged? If he was not charged ect. Then he must have a good legal case against them. Would they get charged then?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

i believe the article stated the young man and his mother are not going to pursue legal action.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
When will Americans fight back? I can't imagine this happening here or the cops would be running for their fkn lives.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by illuminnaughty

i believe the article stated the young man and his mother are not going to pursue legal action.

I wouldn't either.

I would want all the attention to die down, and I would want to be completely forgotten, and I would want enough time to pass so hundreds of new suspects would come to mind long before me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They might as well just change their slogan from 'serve and protect' to 'might is right'

I wonder how long Americans will continue to pay to keep these gang members on our streets?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This corrupt nation would already be a complete police state, save for one thing...

A well armed public

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Yet the police brutality is rampant in the USA

yeah... really makes a difference..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by romanmel

Yet the police brutality is rampant in the USA

yeah... really makes a difference..

Most young cops in the US are low in the brains caragory and high in the brute catagory.
This comes from hiring the returning vets who have been well trained to abuse citizens.
Since they lack the skill of putting two and two together, they are easily manipulated.
Police brutality is growing, but IS NOT rampant.
It remains to be seen if the public in America have the will to revolt.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We really cannot tell much of what happened in the video. I am not defending the cops actions, there is not much you can do face down with a 250lb cop setting on your back. There was no need to continue pummeling the kid. Does the kid have a history with the police? What was the conversation before he was tackled, something like “go f##k yourself pig”, may have put the chain of events in motion. I have seen a few officers that look pumped on steroids and will brawl at the drop of a hat, not exactly the type you want dealing with the general public but SWAT team maybe. I wouldn’t want that job and I am not defending their actions but all I can tell from the video is excessive force was used after the subject was subdued. From the cop’s point of view, every time you go out to make a call you never know if it will end up with someone trying to kill you.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
We really cannot tell much of what happened in the video. I am not defending the cops actions, there is not much you can do face down with a 250lb cop setting on your back. There was no need to continue pummeling the kid. Does the kid have a history with the police? What was the conversation before he was tackled, something like “go f##k yourself pig”, may have put the chain of events in motion. I have seen a few officers that look pumped on steroids and will brawl at the drop of a hat, not exactly the type you want dealing with the general public but SWAT team maybe. I wouldn’t want that job and I am not defending their actions but all I can tell from the video is excessive force was used after the subject was subdued. From the cop’s point of view, every time you go out to make a call you never know if it will end up with someone trying to kill you.

You should read the article.

The kid needed assistance.

Even worse, Kyle was never charged, nor arrested, for any offense. Officer Tasca says it's because he never threatened, did not have a weapon, and indeed never resisted and was not violent. Eventually Tasca was able to pry the punching Ridgefield Park officer off Kyle, as seen in a picture taken by the Kyle's mother, who also later commended Tasca in a phone call.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

If I were a victim of an armed home invasion as I was in the past, these guys would be more than welcome in my home

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by The_Phantom

If I were a victim of an armed home invasion as I was in the past, these guys would be more than welcome in my home

So after you've been violently robbed you can be beaten as well?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, E-mail or phone both departments and complain, I have mine were short and to the point, If I'm in Ridgefield, I WILL be wearing my sidearm to defend myself from the criminals in uniform.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
According to the newspaper there is more to it.

You're wasting your time here.
ATS readers dont want to know the details of the story, or if there is "more to it" than first appears. They just want to get angry at cops. Half the story is enough. Most posters here probably didnt even bother to read the article linked. The headline was enough.

And speaking of that, the article linked isnt even part of the story.
It quite clearly says According to WPIX, but the OP couldnt be bothered to click on the link to get the original. Lazy enough that the selected paragraphs were enough, together with the outrage comments.

Lazy enough that the linked story was several days old already, but couldnt be bothered to find a more recent update on an *ongoing* trial.

And now you've posted that there are more details, such as further incidents related to her behaviour. And given links.
Not a single one of the posters since then has bothered to read those links to find out more. Not even the one who replied to your post.

Of all the forums I visit on a regular basis, ATS users are by far the laziest and most prone to outrage based on headlines alone.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Did the cops try to make any excuse for their actions? This is just strange to me..

I was thinking the same thing.... unfortunately, the video is of poor quality, and is edited to the point where it is actually quite difficult to see what is going on.

When they first cut into the video, the action has already started... I had to replay it at least a dozen times to make out who was where and doing what... The 2 bystanders (dude's mom) standing in the way didn't help either.

All we really see in the video, is the cop swinging, and taking the other dude down, and the other cop rushing in to "Assist"

As well as the female officer and the other two people coming over and shouting.

So, *IF* there WAS any provocation it doesn't seem to be shown in this video (Not saying that there was any, mind you)

I think we need a better, more complete and unedited video to truly appreciate what is going on here...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Emotionally disturbed, in what sense? The article doesn’t indicate what symptoms are apparent. Don’t bad mouth, piss off a cop, and not expect him to do what comes naturally. Emotionally disturbed? Did his mother make the call to the police? Did he threaten his mother’s life? Did he threaten to take is own life? What do we really know about the events prior to the incident? You can’t take a snippet of the information available and expect to reach the correct conclusion other than it looked as though the subject was already subdued when the second officer piled on. Why aren’t they interested in filling a civil rights case against the officers? Could have been the kid was asking for it. So the kid had a few lumps without any lacerations. I have seen bouncers in bars do a lot worse. Hope it brought the kid out of his emotional disturbance anyway

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by itsallmaya
According to the newspaper there is more to it.

You're wasting your time here.
ATS readers dont want to know the details of the story, or if there is "more to it" than first appears. They just want to get angry at cops. Half the story is enough. Most posters here probably didnt even bother to read the article linked. The headline was enough.

Yes, please, tell me abut the 'more' to this story that somehow makes these officers actions and the departments potential firing legitimate.

And speaking of that, the article linked isnt even part of the story.
It quite clearly says According to WPIX, but the OP couldnt be bothered to click on the link to get the original. Lazy enough that the selected paragraphs were enough, together with the outrage comments.

Actually, i did include that link. Perhaps if you 'read past the headline' you would have noticed that.

Lazy enough that the linked story was several days old already, but couldnt be bothered to find a more recent update on an *ongoing* trial.

And now you've posted that there are more details, such as further incidents related to her behaviour. And given links.
Not a single one of the posters since then has bothered to read those links to find out more. Not even the one who replied to your post.

Then you didnt read the thread, because I responded to those claims AT THE TOP OF THIS DAMN PAGE!

Of all the forums I visit on a regular basis, ATS users are by far the laziest and most prone to outrage based on headlines alone.

I'm sure the irony of your statements will be lost on you, since every claim you make in this post is totally refuted.
edit on 20-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join