It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ cop found "psychologically unfit" for duty after trying to stop colleagues from beating innocen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I was listening to Coast to Coast AM radio one night when a fellow was on there talking about his interaction with the neighborhood mob guys when he was younger. He related a tale of a young woman in the neighborhood who was beaten by her date when she would not put out. The local mob boss called for some of his younger employees to watch for this guy and bring him in when they could. The found him and brought him to the basement of this house where one of the mobbies kept a pet Lion. The boss asked the punk which hand he had hit the young woman with. The punk indicated it was his right hand. The boss told him to stick it into the Lion's cage. The punk did not do it at first, but was told if the mobbies had to do it for him, they would be putting BOTH of his hands in the Lion's cage. He lost his hand of course and the mobbies dropped him off at the local hospital emergency room where he kept his mouth shut about what happened.

Somebody should look after bad cops in this fashion.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Boy, you guys are big on the vigilante justice.

Like I said, I understand the appeal.

But it'd be even sweeter if they got sent to jail for a significant amount of time because the message it would send to other cops is "Follow the law", which is all most of us want from them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

If only! Crooked cops punishing themselves? Not very likely, imo. The article says it all.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

As if these officers would ever see jail. If anything they will get a paid vacation...i mean paid leave. Thats what happens when your a disgusting excuse for a cop. You just get to sit at home and get paid for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Everyone should be calling their phones off the hook demanding justice like the black community did for Trayvon Martin, get enough torches and pitchforks waving around and they will relent to the mob.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have got to applaud the manner of your response, as I honestly was really taken aback by it. So many replies to posts like these are in the vein of "Oh well how could they do that?" and so on and so forth, but you have actually given information here that could be very beneficial and might just lead to those two jacka--es receiving some sort of discipline for their actions. Kudos to you sir.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087

As if these officers would ever see jail. If anything they will get a paid vacation...i mean paid leave. Thats what happens when your a disgusting excuse for a cop. You just get to sit at home and get paid for it.

I will still say I prefer the rule of law over vigilante justice.

Even if i share in your cynicism.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

If only! Crooked cops punishing themselves? Not very likely, imo. The article says it all.

No, probably not likely.

But when citizens lay down and dont even TRY before saying there's no solution is when we really lose.

That is EXACTLY what these actions by police are meant to convey; that cops are above the law. Just accepting it is sad.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Geeze.. it's getting out of hand. Police Departments have always been a magnet for the bully boys and thugs of society...but screening USED to be fairly effective at making those types 'wanna-be' cops and not the Badge wearing real deal. Now they seem to actually LOOK for the very qualities they once screened to remove. They remove those with the qualities police MOST NEED. The world has gone insane in so many areas and American Police seem to be getting worse by the month, anymore.

At least many Departments sure seem to have lost their way in what the purpose of Police are supposed to be in a free society.

Bully Boys to beat down the public was never it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I have got to applaud the manner of your response, as I honestly was really taken aback by it. So many replies to posts like these are in the vein of "Oh well how could they do that?" and so on and so forth, but you have actually given information here that could be very beneficial and might just lead to those two jacka--es receiving some sort of discipline for their actions. Kudos to you sir.

Well, thanks for the kind words.

But it will take A LOT of people flooding those places with emails and phone calls to get the point across.

So get started!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did the cops try to make any excuse for their actions? This is just strange to me...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
Did the cops try to make any excuse for their actions? This is just strange to me...

No excuse is given in any of the articles i have read.

They dont even bother to explain why they beat a man they ended up not arresting or charging with anything.

Call and ask why!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Been there, seen it, done it............Told to shut up.......keep out of it....or face being fired.

This doesn't just happen in the US but the UK too.

A very similar incident occured to me as a British Cop. I was shocked and appalled by what I had witnessed but when I challenged it and interveined boy was I told in no uncertain terms to STFU or lose my job.

The US is sadly not alone in such rogue incidents and I truly feel for the officer and the innocent victim.

I'm out of the job now after over 16 years service to the the community, but the sad fact remains that I have a serious disliking for the Police.

edit on 20-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As someone whose grandfather was a cop in that county many years ago, in a way it hits a nerve, not even to mention it's injustice. Why such the shift away from compassion, to torture? Senseless beatings are a disgrace, knowing that is accepted with police now would have him rolling in his grave. I will for sure be writing to the PD.
edit on 20-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Paraphrased from video:

"She refused to assist the other officers, even when their behaviour was out of line, so she's unfit for her duty"

How often do we need to repeat that AMERICA IS GOING NUTS?

This is the second thread of this type.. in a WEEK.

And it's only the stuff we actually hear about. I'm pretty confident for each story we hear, there are 10 more swept under the rug.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I think America needs to create new laws for punishing public officials who abuse or fail in their duties to serve or protect.

I would like to see public floggings as an alternative to lawsuits or jail time. It might make people think twice.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
THOSE TWO JERK COPS SHOULD GO TO JAIL, AND THE FEMALE POLICE OFFICER SHOULD GET A RAISE AND GET PROMOTED.

she did the right thing, she is a good cop, and the other two cops are BAD.

how could they punish her for doing the right thing?

how could they NOT punish those two cops?

what the ***********************************************************************

I HATE COPS NOW. oh wait, i never liked them.

that female cop they are trying to punish for NO reason, shes good though. every police officer should be like her.
edit on 20-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
According to the newspaper there is more to it. The lawyer for the police dept. is reporting that there was another incident last year in which she is accused of failing to assist a fellow officer.

Not that I'm saying what she did wasn't honorable and she should be commended but there may be more to the story in regards to her impending termination. Just thought I'd report the additional information.

Raymond Wiss, who represented the borough in a disciplinary hearing, said Tasca’s termination is warranted based on two incidents in April 2011 — one at Holy Name Medical Center, in which she is accused of failing to assist a fellow officer who was attacked by a drunken woman, and another in which she allegedly tried to restrain one of two Ridgefield Park officers who responded to a call for assistance for an emotionally disturbed person at the home of a borough councilwoman.

www.northjersey.com...

www.nj.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jesus.

What has our world come to.

Another example of "the thin blue line".

Police are utterly worthless in an emergency. Who wants to risk making an accident or crime scene WORSE by caling the police for help, when you run a very real chance of being shot, beaten or jailed for absolutely no reason?

What a sad sick joke our law enforcement has become.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join