It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ cop found "psychologically unfit" for duty after trying to stop colleagues from beating innocen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thought ATS might appreciate this story:

"Regina Tasca." She's a Bogota, New Jersey, police officer who responded to a medical call to transport an emotionally disturbed young man to the hospital. As per protocol, she called for backup. Two officers from Ridgefield arrived on the scene, and proceeded to whomp on Kyle, the guy they were supposedly helping:

Tasca described what we see on the videotape: "The Ridgefield Park officer automatically charges and takes him down to the ground. I was quite shocked. As he's doing that, another Ridgefield Park officer flies to the scene in his car, jumps out and starts punching him in the head."

On the tape you can hear Tara, the mother, and Kyle, her son, screaming, "Why are you punching him?" and "Stop punching me!"

The two Ridgefield Park Sergeants are never heard refuting the claims that they punched the 22 year-old man as he was waiting for an ambulance.

Even worse, Kyle was never charged, nor arrested, for any offense. Tasca says it's because he never threatened, did not have a weapon, and indeed never resisted and was not violent. Eventually Tasca was able to pry the punching Ridgefield Park officer off Kyle, as seen in a picture taken by the Kyle's mother, who also later commended Tasca in a phone call.

You know what comes next, right? Yeah. After physically intervening against two violent colleagues-in-blue, Tasca'a job is at stake. She faces a departmental trial on charges that she's "psychologically unfit" to be a police officer.

reason.com...

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
video of the incident at this link:

www.wpix.com...

[*SNIP*]

Mod note: Please refrain from posting personal info or soliciting action from the membership.
edit on 4/21/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yea sounds about right...

psychologically unfit to beat the freedom out of true Americans.

Me too.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
of course, you can't actually have a police officer "serve and protect".

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Even worse, Kyle was never charged, nor arrested, for any offense.

With all the chaos happening they must have forgotten to plant drugs on him...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

yeah, the fact the kid was not even charged with any offense is truly insane.
These cops, ON TAPE and in front of witnesses, just started beating on an innocent man, an still have faced no criminal charge or even departmental warning.

This is INSANE. Send these two cops to prison for assaulting someone they were called in to HELP

Even worse, Kyle was never charged, nor arrested, for any offense. Tasca says it's because he never threatened, did not have a weapon, and indeed never resisted and was not violent. Eventually Tasca was able to pry the punching Ridgefield Park officer off Kyle, as seen in a picture taken by the Kyle's mother, who also later commended Tasca in a phone call.

Bogota PD, after hearing Tasca's story, believes she is psychologically incompetent to be a police officer, and she is being sent for testing. The Ridgefield Park Police officers seen tackling and punching an emotionally disturbed man waiting for an ambulance are never questioned. never interviewed by an Internal Affairs Investigator, and are still working the streets today.

edit on 20-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
gotta think about this one for a minute while I

this just disgusts me to no end. that is one of the bravest things I've seen another officer do in a long time, what Tasca did.
obviously it's the good ol' boys club in that neck of the woods. they seriously need a John Rambo to shake that little department up. one of these days, and I've been saying it for some time now. somebody is going to stick a barrel out of a window and drop one of these dummy's like a dear someday, and I know I sure won't be cryin over it. LEO for the majority have gotten completely out of control with use of force, and what is the appropriate amount of force to handle the situation.
a day doesn't go by without hearing about how officer so and so beat this person to a pulp with his thug pals.
edit on 20/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

[snipped personal info and activism request]

edit on 20/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am (maybe) overstating this, but this incident is one of those watershed moments...where Americans need to stand up and say, okay enough is enough.

Support this Officer. If she gets fired over this...say, "No. Wrong! She is an example of what we want in our Peace Officers. Keep her...fire the Officers she attempted to stop from their assault...fire the Administration officials who have perverted this incident into something that supports the use of excessive police force, over common sense policing.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
[*SNIP* Person contact info]

No, YOU contact the police department and ask they did this. Are you nut's? That's like asking the bull in the china store to pick out which red hankerchief he want's to attack!
Let's get an interview from the officer being a bad cop, and see what she says.
Should be interesting.
Where's our ATS cub reporter?

edit on 4/21/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Flooding the mayor and council and police department with phone calls and emails is a GREAT way to get them to understand people are paying attention to this case.

I HAVE sent emails. I encourage others to do the same. It wont take you but 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Another reason I HATE 99.9% of cops. This woman cop has a lot of courage and I hope justice falls on her side. Those other two cops should go to prison.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hopefully there are many more departments out there that would welcome a good, honest cop, and she won't be unemployed long.

As for the 2 bully cops, didn't there used to be a show called, "The Equalizer" or something like that? There was a guy that could be called in to dole out just desserts to guys like this? The people really have to start standing up for themselves. Of course, not heads up, because a tidal wave of blue will just come in and crush it, but months later, after it has all blown over, someone should be willing to assist Karma along its path, and these guys should have a lot of bad luck creep into their lives. Surely there are gangs, or mob bosses, or someone in the neighborhood that this lady can contact for some real justice?

Found it. It was called The Equalizer.
edit on 20-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Surely there are gangs, or mob bosses, or someone in the neighborhood that this lady can contact for some real justice?

I dont tend to think that turning to further lawlessness to combat lawlessness is a good solution, even if I can sympathize with the sentiment in theory.

Why not just demand these cops go to jail? That would be justice. Not vigilantism.

Also, at least from watching movies, my understanding is you dont get free favors from the Mob.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Your view would be much preferred......... if it worked.

Suppose you "demand" it and nothing happens? What next? The problem is widespread, so maybe you finally get these 2 cops arrested, they get slapped on the wrist and move on, then what?

I'm afraid those days are gone, and it is time to revisit what has worked in the past. If I were personally affected, I would handle it myself, and if I were the victim and unable to handle it, there are many others that would take care of it for me.

I work closely with law enforcement, and I know the vast majority of them are good folks, and then there are some that are a little to quick to react to their pride or ego being injured, and they shouldn't be cops, but they're not bad people, and then there are those rare few sickos. Any organization probably has similar numbers, but when the cops are not dealt with by their own, and when the legal system refuses to deal with them, sometimes other means are necessary.

Personally, I am a BIG FAN of vigilanteeism, as long as they make 100% certain they are getting the correct guilty parties. It only goes wrong when there is group think, and people want a head on a platter, like in the Zimmerman case. When vigilanteeism is one on one, and the guilty party gets the appropriate justice, I see nothing wrong with it, in fact I think it is the best possible solution.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I get it now!

Every time some apologist comes out and says "it's one bad apple, the rest are good" I was never sure what they were talking about. I mean, anyone following the news and reading union press releases knows otherwise.

So now I see what they're talking about.

Intervening cop = bad apple
Group of cops beating innocent = the "good" majority.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There's actually a pretty good discussion in the comments of the reason article i linked to pointing out the phrase about 'one bad apple spoiling the bunch' actually implies that IF there is one bad apple, then the entire bunch is rotten. So the way the meaning has been distorted in popular usage, to imply that the problem isnt systemic, but is limited to only one or two 'bad apples' is entirely incorrect.

The PRESENCE of a bad apple directly implies the entire batch is rotten.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The irony is that this finding was actually honest, from their perspective.

An honourable police officer is entirely psychologically and morally unfit for being in the contemporary police.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
She deserves that and more for:

1) Not being a corrupted cop,
2) Helping those in need,
3) For actually believing in protecting and serve,
4) For doing what's right, and
5) For being a true cop.

Important: For those who can't tell what's sarcasm and not. The above was!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These days, you'd just as well call the local gang or mob as call the police. Because that's all most of them really are: glorified "official" mob enforcers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The irony is that this finding was actually honest, from their perspective.

An honourable police officer is entirely psychologically and morally unfit for being in the contemporary police.

Yeah, that is the obvious and unabashed point the Bogota NJ police department are making: That even if it means defending lying cops as they endanger the public, one must NEVER cross the thin blue line.

What's inspiring is she was brave enough to try and stop an injustice as she saw it occurring.

Funny how they all say most cops are good, and yet we rarely if never hear of them doing anything good like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join