It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know? How people get away with Drunk Driving in PA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My Name is Brittany, and on January 1st 2012 my brother in law was struck by a hit and run driver. He was the designated driver for the night, and an EMT who was leaving a party hit him, and took off leaving my brother in law to lay in the street dying. He had severe brain injuries and broken bones. TO THIS DAY the drive has not spent more than 2 days in Jail, while my brother in law has spent more than half of 2012 in the ICU. The current laws make its advantageous for suspected drunk drivers to flee the scene of a crime, and turn them selves in later. This man, when he finally does see a court date will be getting off with a slap on the wrist. He will be spending less time in Jail than my brother has already spent in the ICU. This is not right. Please if you can take 30 Seconds to sign our petition! Once we get 1,000 signatures we will be granted a meeting with some of our local state representatives so we can talk about getting bills like house bill 227 into effect. This is not just about my brother in law either, he knows that this will take time, and he probably will not see proper justice but the one thing he asked us, is for us to make sure that this does not happen again. There are a few other stories (local to us) that we have shared on our website. Thank you!

Petition Link

edit on 20/4/2012 by Britx because: (no reason given)

new topics

join