It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darpa to Troubled Soldiers: Meet Your New Simulated Therapist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I don't think I get what you mean? What do you mean about on the wall and glad that I don't get what?
Sorry for misunderstanding, maybe I am just reading it weird.

The WALLS are where you find the soldiers that did not return.
Glad you don't know any close to you or you would have gotten my drift in a nano.
be safe ljb

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ah ok. Yeah, I understand that there are going to be instances where they don't have any of their brothers in arms left to talk to about the worst of it, in those cases the best they can do is talk to people that have been in similar situations. Simulated therapists are about as far from that as you can get. Soldiers would be equally treated by talking to a rock.

Thanks. I am glad I have never had to visit a wall for anyone and sorry for anyone that does.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Ah ok. Yeah, I understand that there are going to be instances where they don't have any of their brothers in arms left to talk to about the worst of it, in those cases the best they can do is talk to people that have been in similar situations. Simulated therapists are about as far from that as you can get. Soldiers would be equally treated by talking to a rock.

Thanks. I am glad I have never had to visit a wall for anyone and sorry for anyone that does.

No sweat Vic,
Yeah that would be like the blind leading the blind.
Don't feel glad feel blessed.
I know I seem harsh but killing folks is just that.
You know what though. If you do it for corruption, without knowing it.
You then become a part of a BROTHERHOOD of truth and OPPOSITION to that corruption when you realize who it is and where it is.
I am a member of the most favorable Frat Club in the Universe.
sadly ljb

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Remember in"THX1138" when Robert Duval goes into a booth because he was troubled?That is what I thought of when I saw this.

That was the first thing I thought of!

The idea that people would accept this as 'therapeutic contact' with another person troubles me.

Count me in on that one. As soon as I saw the headline that scene popped straight into my head... very chilling.

A lot of people can look at the direction society is heading and contemplate possible futures, THX1138 from George Lucas, Moon from David Bowie's son (can't remember his name), and plenty of others. It's just not hard to see in today's world that Empathy seems to be afflicted with some terminal condition.

Empathy appears to be dying in today's world. But I think the situation is not quite as it appears. We so often only see where the bright lights shine and fail to see bigger picture.

I could be wrong, but in my life it seems to me people are becoming more aware of the illusions of society and if that continues, I suspect a future with a lot of anger on one hand and an enormous amount of empathy on the other. One will be directed in one direction and the other will be directed in a different direction.

We'll see what happens...
edit on 21/4/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join