It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Find for our Emergency Kits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Came across this great tip about batteries.I wanted to share with you all.....

www.youtube.com...

Anyone else have any tips for creating Emergency kits on a budget?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

you can not be serious ......

you don't believe in this idea that there are ........

i've seen people do this kind of trickery befor when they fooled me about an i-phone being in a dvd player or sumthin like that .........

but batteries in side of batteries .....c'mon .... seriously
not falling for it again

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This was debunked a while ago.
There is another thread. Posted in it is another video that debunks this one.

link

This was sent to the hoax bin because it was a hoax.
edit on 4/20/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hakalugie4u

you can not be serious ......

you don't believe in this idea that there are ........

i've seen people do this kind of trickery befor when they fooled me about an i-phone being in a dvd player or sumthin like that .........

but batteries in side of batteries .....c'mon .... seriously
not falling for it again

Actually, it's not uncommon to chain batteries together to get the desired voltage.

9-volt batteries generally have 6 1.5-volt cells inside, these cells are smaller than Quadruple A batteries but can sometimes be used in the same devices (with a bit of work).

My airsoft gun uses a 9.6v battery, which is actually 8 cells (each it's own 1.2v battery) strung together.

As for this video, total BS. Those lantern batteries usually have 4 1.5v cells inside.
There is no way 32 AA batteries fit inside that casing and if you watch the video again, you can see that it's been edited to deceive you. A primary "wave" of AAs falls to the table and then another set from seemingly nowhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Solar powered chargers are very handy for outdoors, but take a lot of time to charge. Personally I think it's better to minimize your pack with only stuff you can't find in the natural world instead of cramming everything that might be useful into it. For instance, Bear Grylls uses this type of loadout:

- Knife (The most important part)
- Light backpack
- 550 Paracord
- Outdoor clothing

And that's it really. A compass relies on magnetic north which isn't true north, something you have to calculate for every part of the world. Better to use the Sun during the day or the stars at night. Don't plan on bringing food either. It might help you for a couple of days but it's better to learn to hunt animals in the wild. Same goes for fire starters. If you learn how to use it in the natural world it's one less item in your kit.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks for feedback guys, I guess I need to go buy one and open it up for myself. If this is a hoax, I wonder why create this "hoax" to begin with? Anyways, I have been wrong before, my intent was to share something I thought was positive, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Im an electrical engineer and i can tell you this type of constructions is possible and likely the case. Still if your budget is that tight i think you have greater thinsg to worry about priortizing spending on.

new topics

top topics

join