It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Moses Talk to God, Aliens, a Volcano, or just Himself?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Extreme Weather,,,

EDIS Number: ST-20120420-34960-ISR
Event type: Extreme Weather
Date/Time: Friday, 20 April, 2012 at 14:43 (02:43 PM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event: Sandstorm
Damage level: Minor Damage level
Geographic information
Continent: Middle-East
County / State:
Area: Jordan Valley-wide
City:
Coordinate: N 31° 56.794, E 35° 18.163
----------------
The following
is my OWN expressed OPINION,
on a
Extreme Weather,,event
in an Area of the World,
,that is very religious.

And they didn't see this comming?
lol,,,ya,,ok,,,

On September 21st, 4:00 pm
Chairman: Prof. Dr. N. El Bassam
Organizers: Club of Rome, TREC and IFEED

"Like the APOLLO SPACE Program, which adopted, improved and bundled existing technologies of the 1960s to bring man into outer space, an APOLLO DESERT Program can with the present renewable energy technologies give us the ability to upgrade desert space into clean, everlasting and low-cost power and water sources and eventually bring mankind into balance with its home planet Earth."
unquote

guess they think GOD is some guy named APOLLO?

It's HIS playground,
,guess GOD, trumps,
Religion/Vanity/Science?

Me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by 1nOne
Try this one on for size: human sacrifice by god of Moses: Jeff's Deal with the Devil

God of Moses Slaughters Own People: The LORD said to Moses, “I have seen this people, and behold, they are an obstinate people. Now then let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them."

... and then there was Abraham being told by God to slaughter his own son on the altar because Abraham didn't have an animal sacrifice. (honestly .. I think that was a case of Abraham being mentally ill ... but I suppose it could have been a bloodthirsty demon demanding human sacrifice ... )

5He (Abraham) said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. WE will worship and then WE will come back to you.” So tell me, if Abraham knew that God was going to expect Him to sacrifice His own child, why did Abraham say "WE will come back you"?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Sure do ,,,,the bible exodus story. Moses went up 3 times to get the commandments. The first two times he went up and came down and said god spoke to him and gave him these words. The catholic church has taken the second time and instituted it as the commandments, but it was the 3rd time he came down with the tablets of stone and guess what. The ten commandments are these as said in teh story:

34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
34:13
But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
34:15
Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;
34:16
And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.
34:17
Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
34:18
The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.
34:19
All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
34:20
But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
34:21
Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
34:22
And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.
34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.
34:24
For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.
34:25
Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
34:26
The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother’s milk.
34:27
And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
34:28
And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"why did Abraham say "WE will come back you"?"

because both God and Abraham knew before hand,that
the Devil/Satan,, was going too test Abraham,,
in the presence of God ,,,
Satan set Abraham up,,
Ram,,gets caught in the thorn bush,,
,, sacrfice the "Ram",,,,, for Issac,,,whispers Satan,,,thus trying too show God,, how Abraham AND Issac
were not worthy of God's respect,,,
(Issac,,who new that for some reason that this was part of the "plan",,and he was ok with it,,,)

why did Abraham say "WE will come back you"?"
because he had faith in the

Love
of HIS God
that God would provide,,in ALL things,,

"sacrfice the,,,, "Ram",,, ya much better idea,,
worthy of God's respect,,
ya its possible.

Me.

edit on 20-4-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First time to Mount Sinai and speaking with god

31:12
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
31:16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
31:17
It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
31:18
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
32:1
And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

Second time and speaking with god

32:7
And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
32:8
They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
32:9
And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
32:10
Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
32:11
And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
32:12
Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
32:13
Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
32:15
And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
32:16
And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
32:17
And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.
32:18
And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
So tell me, if Abraham knew that God was going to expect Him to sacrifice His own child, why did Abraham say "WE will come back you"?

I'm not following you ... IMHO Abraham had his mental health breakdown and hallucinated that 'God' wanted him to kill his son. What does it matter 'WHEN' he had the hallucination?? He hallucinated when he hallucinated ...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by icepack

Try this one on for size: human sacrifice by god of Moses: Jeff's Deal with the Devil

Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a valiant warrior, but he was the son of a harlot.
Jephthah made a vow to the LORD and said, “If You will indeed give the sons of Ammon into my hand, then it shall be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the sons of Ammon, it shall be the LORD’S, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering.”
When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, behold, his daughter was coming out to meet him with tambourines and with dancing. Now she was his one and only child; besides her he had no son or daughter. When he saw her, he tore his clothes and said, “Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low, and you are among those who trouble me; for I have given my word to the LORD, and I cannot take it back.” (Judges)

You have taken this story out of context. First, a burnt offering must be a MALE according to the strict law of offerings of which Jeph was fully aware. Second, burnt offerings had to be without blemish and set apart- which categorically excluded all humans. Third, burnt offerings were offered for redemption of sins or transgressions not for thanksgiving. Next, as another poster stated, the only concern of his daughter was not being able to have children(no mention of "I'm about to die here"). It is widely accepted that Jeph offered his daughter to the tabernacle for a life of servitude.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
It is widely accepted that Jeph offered his daughter to the tabernacle for a life of servitude.

BY WHO? Scripture is pretty clear ... he killed her.

Jephthah Oath

Jephthah swears an oath:

"Whatever/whoever emerges and comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be God’s, and I shall sacrifice him/her/it as a burnt offering."[1] (Judges 11:31 - Note the Greek term for burnt offering is actually "holocaust" though the Hebrew עלה‎, `olah is derived from "ascention").

"Jephtha's Rash Vow" (1807), by James Gundee & M. Jones, London. From an English edition of Flavius Josephus's works.The victorious Jephthah is met on his return by his daughter, his only child. Jephthah tears his clothes and cries, "Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low!" but is bound by his vow: "I have given my word to God, and I cannot go back on it." (Judges 11:35). The girl asks for two months' grace, "... that I may go down on the mountains ... and bewail my virginity" (Judges 11:37). And so Jephthah "carried out his vow with her which he had vowed" (Judges 11:39). The story ends by recounting how "the daughters of Israel went four days each year to celebrate about[2] the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite" (Judges 11:40).

According to commentators of the rabbinic Jewish tradition, this was a gross violation of God's law, and this part of the Bible illustrates the terrible tragedy of human sacrifice. Flavius Josephus, the first-century Jewish historian, writes that "he sacrificed his daughter as a burnt offering: offering such an oblation as was neither conformable to the law, nor acceptable to God; not weighing with himself what opinion the hearers would have of such a practice."[3] However some scholars believe the passage suggests the sacrifice was accepted by God.[4] Others point out the complete lack of censure by God of Jephthah and the sacrifice of his daughter in the biblical account.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why do the biggest opponents of literal biblical interpretation take seemingly ungodlike biblical accounts so literally? Any ideas?

In that regard, Reis asserts that Jephthah's use of the term "burnt offering" ('olah) is strictly metaphorical -- the person will become like a burnt offering in terms of utility to others in work. This is a good point to which another may be added in confirmation: The literal meaning of the word behind "burnt offering" offers no specific semantic content that indicates burning. Rather, the word itself is a metaphor, which literally means something ascending. (The word is used in two places -- 1 Kings 10:5 and Ezekiel 40:26 -- to refer to someone ascending steps, who are also self-evidently not on fire.) The sacrifice "ascends" as smoke. But of course, there are more ways to "ascend" than as ashes in the air. A human who "ascends" as one set apart as holy does so in a thoroughly spiritual or metaphorical sense, if any at all. Nevertheless, let us stress that those who might be tempted to raise an accusation that we are trying to turn a horrible and obviously (!) literal event into a metaphor, would be well served to remember that 'olah is already a metaphor -- so that accusation falls flat. But now we turn to a point that is also critical to the story. In the Bible, the work of women includes childbearing (Gen. 3:16). Of course, the only way to absolutely ensure that a woman never had to do this work is to remain celibate. And thus is also explained the reactions of both Jephthah and his daughter: On the one hand, she is making light of the fact that she will remain a virgin (or, never marry, as the translation above couches it), instead of saying that she wishes to take her break because she is about to die. I have noted in the past that the empahsis on virginity is entirely misplaced if indeed death is what hangs over the daughter's head, and so it would be. However, if the vow means that she must be excluded from the work of childbearing, then the emphasis is perfectly understandable. It also explains Jephthah's own sadness: Now he will have no heirs and no legacy. His line -- and therefore also his future honor -- will be non-existent, as this is his only child. (Keeping in mind that leaving descendants was a critical honor to achieve for this society.) Finally, it explains the "statue" requiring the virginity of Jephthah's daughter in v. 39-40: It refers to the statute of Lev. 27 indicating that one set apart no longer does work. In all of this, it should be noted as particularly important that Jephthah's original vow would have been a public one -- it would have had no value or impact, and accrued him no honor, as a private oath -- and that he made it in his own hometown of Mizpah. In that circumstance, it is inconceivable that his daughter would not have known of it. If she did not hear it herself, village gossip would have brought it to her ears, and more than that, word would surely have been sent to his household to get ready for someone to jump on the chance to be the first one out. Her own words in 11:36 make it clear, too, that she knows of the vow, in all its details: And she said unto him, My father, [if] thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, [even] of the children of Ammon.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We all know it was not god and we all know why. No such thing. Haven't we been lied to enough to realize Jesus is not coming back because he can't!

So I say he made it up

edit on 20-4-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Or maybe these people justified making up stories because they thought they were helping mankind

Religious people LIE everyday to help support the faith of their congregation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

I've always said the bible can be summed up with one word, "Drugs" Peyote comes to mind.

It explains a lot really. If you think about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is no archeological evidence that supports the claim that Jews were slaves in Egypt, let alone that they left Egypt some 600,000 strong to walk the wilderness.

In fact, there aren't any inscriptions or hieroglyphs by the Egyptians saying Jews were even there.

No Exodus = No Moses climbing up Mt. Sinai to talk to god.

Its all phony people.

The Hebrews wrote this story while being enslaved by the BABYLONIANS!! It is a story of survival and a story to motivate the people. Not something that was meant to be worshipped over 2,000 years after authorship.

edit on 20-4-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

Numbers and logistics
According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock. Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550. The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people, compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million. Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.source

And zero evidence??

edit on 20-4-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If he was a madman, then we need to start listening to crazy people more. The dude knew about what was going to happen, knew the exact spot the Red Sea would part, somehow figured out a way to get birds to bring food to them for 40 years. Um, yeah, sounds like something we ought to listen to.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
If he was a madman, then we need to start listening to crazy people more. The dude knew about what was going to happen, knew the exact spot the Red Sea would part, somehow figured out a way to get birds to bring food to them for 40 years. Um, yeah, sounds like something we ought to listen to.

Or it is a GOD DAMNED FAIRY TALE!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

One of only two things could have happened on the Mountain of Moses; either a spacecraft landed, or Yahweh the Dragon God sat his big, dragon body down. I say the Spacecraft story is the most plausible. Whatever it was, it was obviously radioactive, remember how Moses looked? And, he apparently grew horns too.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I've always said the bible can be summed up with one word, "Drugs" Peyote comes to mind.

I agree and always thought on the day in question he had been smoking some bad herbs or
Maybe a bad case of Schizophrenia
Part the Red Sea
Pictures or it didn't happen

Cran

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

This is one of the reasons why I believe in reincarnation.

Jesus in my opinion tells us he was on Earth before.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I wasnt to sure and always got it wrong. I thought he burned some bush, went to sleep. God then appeared in a dream and gave him all the spiel about giving him the land. Then next morning he went up some mountain and received the ten comandments. Perhaps he was to close to the burning bush and was over come by it fumes.
Volcanic fumes? Wasnt there some oracle in Greece, or some where there abouts who did the same thing?

Breathed in volcanic fumes, an then gave out predictions?
What ever, there again its been a good earner for those guys in the black dress`s.
Entire civilizations have been almost wiped out, in this gods name.
Personaly I like the space man landing scenario. I like sci fie though, so Im biased
edit on 20-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is Dawkins brilliant or just possessed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join