It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about ego and self-centered concepts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I dont agree, there is diversity (one, two, three, all of us out there) but we all can get along fine, we dont even need to know we are one for that...
We can get along, you dont need to deny diversity.
You are not me, in a deeper level we are part of one being, but here and now on earth we are two entities, special, unique, we can celebrate diversity and steel be friends...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

I dont agree, there is diversity (one, two, three, all of us out there) but we all can get along fine, we dont even need to know we are one for that...
You are not me, in a deeper level we are part of one being, but here and now on earth we are two entities, special, unique, we can celebrate diversity and steel be friends...

I see diversity all around me. But there is only one of me.
You don't agree to what i haven't written, isn't that strange?
I asked 'how many of 'you' are there?'

Anyway there is no 'out there'. It is one. You are not separate from this moment are you? Is there a you that is separate to this?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You need to know that 'you' are one. Until you realize that 'you' are one there will always be conflict. That conflict is painted into the world.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Ok, i respect your opinion.
I read Michael Newtons books, and i too believe in the two beings working together: the human body/brain and the soul.
What his books say is that it is the souls job to control the body, the soul must be in command, if it lets the body command that's when problems happen.
Is the body the ego?
I don't know. The soul has an individuality too.

All human suffering is caused by the belief in two. When the two become one then there will be peace.
How many of you are there?
youtu.be...
edit on 21-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

This guy is a clown and a fraud. Do your research on a person before you adopt there principles just look at this video of the humble Adi, two people fanning him one person holding shade over him whilst he is worshipped like Jesus.

www.youtube.com...

"both named and anonymous ex-members made numerous specific allegations of Adi Da forcing members to engage in psychologically, sexually, and physically abusive and humiliating behavior, as well as accusing the church of committing tax fraud"

Just because a person speaks cocksure about a subject doesn't mean they know what they are talking about and usually means the opposite...as we are all not in the know.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Do not worship Jesus or Adi. Listen to the message, do not attack the person or get atatched to what you believe (have been told) about a person.

It is easy to get distracted by beliefs about a person and then you will not hear what is said. Most people live their whole lives this way. They already know, or they 'think' they do. Stamp everything with your preconcieved ideas and all you will ever know is your preconcieved ideas.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Do not worship Jesus or Adi. Listen to the message, do not attack the person or get atatched to what you believe (have been told) about a person.

It is easy to get distracted by beliefs about a person and then you will not hear what is said. Most people live their whole lives this way. They already know, or they 'think' they do. Stamp everything with your preconcieved ideas and all you will ever know is your preconcieved ideas.

Very well said. This right here is the perfect example of what this thread is about. This is a ego-less post in a very ego-filled thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I do not worship Jesus or anyone and I understood the message in the video perfectly, but why does he have the credentials to definitively tell his loyal subjects what the monologue in our heads really is. No message just his hypothesis. So I look into the guys background hoping to find that this person had benefited from his own self wisdom...but there is no evidence of this.

For me the person behind the words is just as much as important as the words especially when a lot of what he expresses is about living the right way. If a man tells me the voices in my head nothing...then turns out to be a sexual deviant who enjoys humiliation people is his information good or did it fail him.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

And you know all about Adi Da because you knew him directly or is it hear say?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subconsciously Correct

Very well said. This right here is the perfect example of what this thread is about. This is a ego-less post in a very ego-filled thread.

If you kept up with this thread you would see that the main point is we cannot function without ego in this environment. You yourself didn't add anything of substance only commented on how most people commenting on this thread have big egos. That is judging someone by your own standard implying you are better or posting in a ego less manner....and this is ego.

The fact is you cannot say much without your ego in our current situation...maybe step off that high horse for a bit and add your opinion.
edit on 21-4-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You make the claim that he is a fraud and a clown, this is your hypothesis.
All Adi Da is saying is watch and observe what the mind does. It talks to itself.
Who is it talking to? Who hears it?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And you know all about Adi Da because you knew him directly or is it hear say?

How do you know its not? do you know him?

The fact is I still wouldn't let M Jackson babysit my kids one because of the bad thing said about him and two I don't know him or who he is. Would it even matter to you if he had done these things?

You talk about preconceived notions of people and not to have them. Why would I ignore all the bad around us just to be nice? I know there are bad people all around us...should I let that convicted murderer sleep at my house tonight, I mean he hasn't don't anything bad to me so should I give him a chance?
edit on 21-4-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

"The fact is I still wouldn't let M Jackson babysit my kids one because of the bad thing said about him and two I don't know him or who he is."

It is wise not to let someone you don't know baby sit your kids, especially if they are dead.
Believing what others say about someone is not wise.
Do you believe everything you read in the newspapers?

It is not a case of believing what Adi Da says it is about finding out 'who is it' that believes what is said.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What would you rather trust - someone else's idea of someone or something, or your own direct knowing?
Find the one that knows and you will never have to believe anything ever again.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think that the messenger is important .He may say a lot good things but if he contradicts himself, if he says one thing and does another, his words fall apart. You have to say and do accordingly.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

People make false accusations all the time. The message, if it rings true is what matters. At this present time the message can be heard, however the actions and behaviors of the man in question will never be 'known' by me. I can read about the allegations and i can choose to believe or not to believe, but instead i am undecided because i know i don't know. I don't know if any of it is true, half true or complete lies made up by the press and accusers.
I hear him good.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You are always asking: who hears the thoughts? Who is out there, taht is not his feelings or thoughts?
What is your answer?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

What is the question that you are asking? I'm sorry can you put it another way?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I understand that, the message is important, and you can detach it from the messenger, but... i wouldnt spread videos of a fraud guy, even if his message is good...
There are more messengers out there. Have you heard of Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You asked - who hears his own thoughts, but is not is thoughts?
What is your answer?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Can thought hear?
You want me to answer questions that you can know for yourself. You will not believe me, trust your own findings.
Can thought hear thought?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join