It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about ego and self-centered concepts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I am giving you my opinion based on my path, i have been where you are now and i can tell you it didn't work for me. I learned a lot with Buddhism but i don't live everything they say because i simply don't agree.

I gave some unsolicited advice, i shouldn't do it, but i cant help it, do what you want with it, at least think about it...

It is well intended..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

So now you realize that you are the peace that surpasses all understanding.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You 'think' you know where i am?? Do you see me as unhappy, deluded, what image have you erected of me? And on what basis?
edit on 20-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You think that wanting and wishing causes suffering, you are constantly protecting yourself emotionally through meditation, detaching from life to be at peace, oh that is fine but its a lie.
I think we should want to do something otherwise we are dead.
And we must use our head, we use it to control our emotions, to feel love, peace, security, affection etc etc, we use it to live, learn, think, feel, want, do, conquer, etc etc, our soul evolve with this, not by being constantly detached from it all, like an observer in the movies. Live it, incarnate your character, i think you are hiding afraid from real life.

Sorry, but this is my humble opinion, which i am not afraid to give.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So, if each of you believes your ideals ring more true than the other's, are you both focused on Ego at the moment you are speaking of your beliefs to the other?

And, are you focused on the same element of Ego? Where your method of existence makes more sense than the other person's?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

We are debating ideas, we are not afraid to open our ideas to others, of course we are focused on the matters we cant agree, but there is a lot we agree, we are just not discussing it right now, the motivation is not to be better, we are talking about ideas.

I think there is no ego involved here, nor mine or theirs.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Fullfilment is not known by feeling lack. You can believe that i am living wrong if you wish but only i know my experience of life.
I have suffered greatly in the past and i don't now. So i know it is the way. I am my only proof.
I do try to share the wonderfulness of what i have found, it pours through me, it spills out, it cannot be stopped.
I know not many understand and it is not necessary that any do.

I am seeing and knowing life.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by ottobot

We are debating ideas, we are not afraid to open our ideas to others, of course we are focused on the matters we cant agree, but there is a lot we agree, we are just not discussing it right now, the motivation is not to be better, we are talking about ideas.

I think there is no ego involved here, nor mine or theirs.

Well, you are both saying, "I", "me", "my", "mine".

Your ideas are related to your experiences. And, your experiences have been tempered by ego and soul.

If you cannot accept the ideas of the other person as feasibly true, then it seems like the thing blocking this acceptance is a belief that your idea is more true than the other person's.

Is that not Ego?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

i am glad for you, i walked the same path, i also have suffered a lot, and now i don't.
I practice non-attachment, i live the present, i enjoy what is present now, but i like to wish, want, act, conquer, i like to set goals and do what it takes.

I am glad for the present i live, always acting on reality, creating reality, i try to be a creator, i want to do what it takes to create the reality i want, but its the path that amuses me, i don't mind about the results much, i focus on what i can control, my actions, my mind, my feelings, my words, i try my best, but i always accept and love what the present life is, i love life no matter what, but i still want to act upon reality with a creating urge.

Example: if my bedroom wall needs to be painted, i WANT to paint it, i organize myself to do it, and i take action to make it reality, its my creation. I am happy living like this, but if i cant paint it because of something that came up, no problem, i still love my days.

Gotta go now, i am glad you found your recipe to be stable emotionally, there are many, i also found mine.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Whats the problem with expressing yourself? Of course you must use "i"
I am opening my mind to you, i gotta use "i"

I dont want to be better than you, i just want to be myself.
No ego (in my definition of ego)
Gotta go

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Whats the problem with expressing yourself? Of course you must use "i"
I am opening my mind to you, i gotta use "i"

I dont want to be better than you, i just want to be myself.
No ego (in my definition of ego)
Gotta go

Ok, just wondering. Have a nice night.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I see now.
Thank you, take care.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

So... can you elaborate a little more? A lot of people dont believe in the existence of the soul (not my case) and they are no ego persons.
Can you explain your point a little better?

Once there was a common man who had an uncommon sense. People of his small town went to him with their problems and some others like to be with him and listen to him.

One day a man came and asked "What is Ego? They say its bad for one to have it. How can one over come it?"

The common man replied, "Ego is self-awareness. You need it to set and attain your goals. But be careful because it's like nails on your finger and should never be left to grow more than necessary to be able to hold the grip."

The ego is the medium of our expression whilst we live here in this physical world which some call duality (or physicality). It is also the vehicle of our experience of Life.

ego vs soul
The ego is about image.
The soul is about authenticity.
The ego can’t take constructive criticism.
The soul seeks it out and welcomes it.
The ego confuses itself with the work.
The soul stands apart from the work.
The ego wants to be seen as the best.
The soul wants to keep getting better.
The ego is about the number of fans and followers.
The soul is about relatedness and community.
The ego wants to be famous.
The soul wants to start a movement.
The ego is all about me.
The soul promotes self through serving others.
The ego tries to control the message.
The soul trusts the message to take on a life of its own.
The ego talks.
The soul looks and listens.
The ego is closed off.
The soul is open and transparent.
The ego competes and dominates.
The soul co-creates.
The ego lives from scarcity.
The soul lives from abundance.
The ego cares only about the end performance.
The soul is in love with the process.
The ego contracts.
The soul expands.
The ego is spam.
The soul is useful content.
The ego is hollow.
The soul contains multitudes.

This

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

The reason there is so much confusion when discussing "ego" is because there are many different definitions and conceptualizations related to this one word. We have eastern thought, western thought, and even modern psychological thought attached to the word 'ego.' The word "ego" means something different, depending on who you ask.

I conceptualize Ego as I have come to understand it from observation, meditation, contemplation, and philosophizing. I understand ego differently than western thought, eastern thought, and Fruedian thought.

If you're interested in my personal gnosis of Ego, check out this thread when you have time.

The World Is Waiting On You To Liberate Yourself From Ego!

(Sorry OP, no more "egotistical" thread plugs
)

Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes, I pretty much agree with OP and Sahabi on this. Nice definition!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I have more knowledge on this subject that you would believe having died and gone home to my soul group for a while before returning. Weather you believe it or not the reason miscarriages happen is because the host body rejects the soul. The body is made up of characteristics from DNA. The fact is that the body is the ego all it cares about is evolution or to spawn. And everything it makes you do is to be a better candidate for a female like a better job, tough,smart,clean, skilled are all things females want hereditary in their young so chose the "better body" or partner for that.

You may not like it but the body has a job to do and is continuously reminding you of its needs and rewards you after you listen to it...l work out to look good, the body releases Endorphins and we like that and want that feeling again so we do it over and over. Remind you of anything maybe masturbation for the soul purpose to spawn and we all know you get rewarded from that act with a good feeling. Trust me we have no interest in almost any things we like on earth on the other side other that humour so the reason we move at all it because we NEED IT.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I also see the ego as a projected self but I describe it as a piece of stained glass that also distorts a person's perception or view of reality. The opposite and equally negative state is the emotional recluse who is afraid of being hurt by life and so retreats from it. I would agree with those who say to minimize the negative effects of ego and embrace living life fully in every moment through kindness and love.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Ok, i respect your opinion.
I read Michael Newtons books, and i too believe in the two beings working together: the human body/brain and the soul.
What his books say is that it is the souls job to control the body, the soul must be in command, if it lets the body command that's when problems happen.
Is the body the ego?
I don't know. The soul has an individuality too.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ok, i respect your opinion.
I read Michael Newtons books, and i too believe in the two beings working together: the human body/brain and the soul.
What his books say is that it is the souls job to control the body, the soul must be in command, if it lets the body command that's when problems happen.
Is the body the ego?
I don't know. The soul has an individuality too.

All human suffering is caused by the belief in two. When the two become one then there will be peace.
How many of you are there?
youtu.be...
edit on 21-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The mind speaks, it has language that gives the impression that there is something other. Something other than what is happening. There is only what is happening presently.
What is happening is one thing, it is 'this'. There is a seeing, a knowing. There is experience.
What is experience made out of?
youtu.be...
edit on 21-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join