It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popocatepetl Volcano Nightmare: 19 Million Prepare to Evacuate in Mexico?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by shauny

I would say dust on the camera sensor........I've just had to manually clean my cameras sensor for the very same reason.

I've seen it moved a little while watching the video. I'm pretty sure of it. I did thought of this too at first, until I noticed it was changing and moving.

Edit - Well it wasn't a video but snaps of pictures in intervals of coarse. Wish it was life though.
edit on 20-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by shauny

I would say dust on the camera sensor........I've just had to manually clean my cameras sensor for the very same reason.

Then again, you could be right. I just found another camera that describes what your saying. Only problem is, I was sure I saw the clouds change the appears of what I was trying to show in the first picture.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

A lot of cameras have an anti dust feature which uses electric somehow to shake the dust off, but sometimes it doesn't get it all, here is part of a pic I took just prior to me manually cleaning mine, looks pretty similar...

I'm not saying it's the answer, but it is a possibility.
edit on 20/4/12 by woogleuk because: forgot the not!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lke123

one of the most interesting things is that UFO are constantly seen near the popocatepetl

Indeed they are, there's another report here where Mexico City Airport flight control confirmed three unexplainable radar blips near an aircraft executing sharp manoeuvers only for them to 'merge into one' and speed off towards Mount Popocatepetl -there are also some other photographs below.

Photographs

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No it's not dust on the camera. I checked the same video feed and the "shape" appeared to be 2x the size as the first picture and in the same spot on the camera....

Odd. The clouds are in the way and I can't seem to find a visual on this "shape" now. I'm going to keep watching this feed for a bit because this really sparked my interest. Will post if I find anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
come on guys!!! lets get a link to a local seismograph!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Same camera feed from the picture I showed the first time earlier. First picture will be the same picture I showed first, while the second picture will be a newer picture showing an increase in the size of the "shape" which led me to believe it is NOT dust or a smudge of dirt on the camera itself.

First picture as showed earlier;

Same camera as the first picture but 1hr 27 minutes later.

Notice the difference in the size of the "shape"? Because, I sure do.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Where was your picture taken?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Another quake just hit Mexico registered 4.5 in Buenavista about 800 Km from Popocat

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mother Nature Cleaning House...... I would evacuate. 30 Million people in one city? Not sure what the draw is anyway....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, Godspeed to the people of Mexico on this one. Goodness... I've been in a few threads recently about the fighting and dying down there on their law enforcement/military problems. As if the poor folks needed something ELSE to make life in Mexico in more of a challenge than it already was.

Now I hate to be the cold one in the group..but someone has to ask this from the ignorant masses eventually.... maybe someone on ATS can offer a meaningful answer.

If this sucker pops in a major Mt St. Helens kind of all-out eruption, what happens for the rest of the Pacific Ring? We're watching this whole thing wake up in a major way.... Will this take pressure off the other volcanoes around the ring, or increase it? What is the prevailing logic among the rock hounds?

Added: For those asking about Seismic displays..here is what I'm seeing on the USGS site as the closest with a Heliplot at Sierra la Laguna Baja California Sur, Mexico. It's not nearly as close as I'd like to have one to look at ...and it isn't showing the 6.1 that just happened in Indonesia today..so I'm curious..but this is what the map USGS shows as closest. ?

Heliplot / Seismic Displays for Mexico region

edit on 20-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Okay, that wasn't a typo in X-mas lights..but it was close. err..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

On the slagbank in my hometown, Workington, England.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Give me a second, I got something to show you. You won't believe this

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well the cartels would absolutely love is this volcano had a Major eruption, it just so happens it is smack dab in the middle of an area that is for the most part fully run by the government forces and army.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I took a second look at your picture and noticed you missed a few. Once I was finished with it, it reminded me of something. The famous phoenix lights! But just before I was about to upload it, I found another one which broke the similar pattern of the phoenix lights.

Check it out. Red is the one you highlighted, and blue are the others that I found. The second picture below the first is of coarse, the phoenix lights.

Cheers
Thanks for sharing your picture with us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hmm, the first picture is pretty small and even I can't even see the ones I found. Here is the default size of the picture.

Edit - That's better

edit on 20-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I never understand the mentality of ppl that live near these things, so I don't feel sorry for them. I know it sounds cruel, but it's just common sense imo. I live near wheeling island and from time to time the island floods and there's stories about the poor ppl. (THEY CONTINUE TO REBUILD, IT'S THEIR OWN FAULT) Same here.

If you're poor, I get it. But when you're 5, 10, eventually you may say you know, i can skip whatever i need to buy now, and save to GTFO of here, b/c there's this big ass cone, and it leads to the earth's mantle and EVENTUALLY it's going to go off and cause me a buttload of pain, so maybe i should do the start thing and MOVE!

And so, with that thought in mind, I give you one of the best examples of common sense I could fine. Sam Kinison's solution to world hunger. ok, so it's hunger, not a volcano, but the principle is the same: If you're in danger, gtfo!

Time index for solution is four minutes into video.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My bad. Found another one, and this is the last one. Funny thing is, when I uploaded the picture on Tinypic.com the caption to upload it was "This is it"

I'm done now.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Indeed! This thread's title is worded to generate shock and panic. I don't know why ATS admin doesn't understand just how far-reaching and highly-read their forum is. They should not allow over-sensationalist thread titles... or when something REALLY IS of serious magnitude, it will be "brushed off" based on the title, by thousands or millions of people who could have heeded the warning.
-CWM

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

In the article it states....More than 20 million people live within a 62-mile radius of the volcano's cone; Mexico City is 40 miles to the northwest.

How many do you think should be evacuated if....this Volcano really wakes up.....(?)

We could " hate" those that don't read proper....collect facts...ect

20 million w/ in a 62 mile radious...

Another source says the same....

Millions live....

Just in case you missed reading it....

An iconic backdrop to Mexico City's skyline on clear days, Popocatepetl sits roughly halfway between Mexico City and the city of Puebla — meaning some 25 million people live within a 60-mile radius of the volcano, Quaas said.

"These are figures that obviously alarm and concern us," he said.

So...I ask again...how many would you evacuate if this volcano decides to blow and not slow....?

edit on 20-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join