It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas secret plan to seize Americans land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Seizing lands for a pipeline?

There were 3 pipelines just built through my area, crossing several counties. The energy company paid landowners money in order to run the pipe across their land.

TransCanada seizing private land in Texas for pipeline, claims eminent domain

www.pri.org...

Oklahoma land owners fighting TransCanada over Keystone pipeline

www.ctv.ca...

A Canadian company has been threatening to confiscate private land from South Dakota to the Gulf of Mexico, and is already suing many who have refused to allow the Keystone XL pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 20-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

While eminent domain requires just compensation, Medina claims landowners are more concerned with TransCanada's contract than the amount of compensation they will receive.

Sounds like being forced to give a right of way. The provisions of use seem different and odd. Out here, once the line is underground, the fields are used as normal. I bet they want to be able to find someone else to blame when and if a problem, like leaks, is found.

I suppose it is the recourse that is employed when people do not want to allow a right of way.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I suppose it is the recourse that is employed when people do not want to allow a right of way.

So you defend transcanada forcing their way onto American landowners?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Defending TransCanada, no. But having watched the oil companies operate out here, I bet they get there way.

Since it isn't actual production from the land, with mineral owners involved, it is a different story.

I really don't believe someone should be forced to allow a line to simply cross their land. I know I would be unhappy despite the fact that it can be a pretty good sum of money. Some of us are more concerned for the land than someone else making more money.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Im pretty sure the government federal and state at that were able to take your land for forever now. Atleast thats the way I was taught in school. they had to pay you for it but they could take it at any ol whim. Since when is this new? Eh screw it its obama so we should bitch about it anyway lol

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Im pretty sure the government federal and state at that were able to take your land for forever now. Atleast thats the way I was taught in school. they had to pay you for it but they could take it at any ol whim. Since when is this new?

No, not for 'any ol whim'. IF they taught you that in school, your teachers are idiots. But i suspect the problem may have been in the student.

Eh screw it its obama so we should bitch about it anyway lol

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

You mean similar to what Teddy Roosevelt did? We can all see how bad that turned out.

By the way, is Doocy pronounced Douchey?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
first things first. Canad is not legally able to claim Imminent domain. Only the US government can claim it even if the "owners" sold the land to Trans canada. Second.The US can call the sales null and void and the company is out of money it spent buying it. Mexico does it all the time to people from other countries buying mexican land.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
As for those who whine........bbbut its from WND or Fox - no it's all over the net! and besides when they have got you to discount ANYTHING from a conservative source (as though you are going to hear it from Obamamedia) THEY HAVE ALREADY GOT YOU RIGHT WHERE THEY WANT YOU!!!!!

How to enlarge your penis is also all over the internet but it doesn't make it true.

The article only makes claims but gives no data to back anything up, it is just that, a rumor mill. Sad that people are so ready to believe this bunk that they can't stop to think a minute.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From the Texas railroad commission. Yes, Business has owned the rule makers for quite a while.

Pipeline Eminent Domain and Condemnation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: What is the typical width of a pipeline easement?
A: Unless specified in a right-of-way agreement, the standard easement is set by statute at a width of 50 feet (Texas Natural Resources Code, §111.0194).

Q: How close can a pipeline come to my house or other permanent structure?
A: There are no minimum setback requirements concerning natural gas pipelines and structures. However, a hazardous liquids pipeline must be buried an extra 12 inches in addition the 36 inches/3 feet depth that pipelines must be buried at when installed, if the hazardous pipeline is within 50 feet of a permanent structure. Examples of hazardous liquid pipelines are any pipelines other than natural gas pipelines.

Q: How deep does a pipeline have to be buried?
A: A minimum of 3 feet depth. However, pipeline operators are not required to maintain this depth if erosion occurs after the pipeline’s installation.

Q: Do all pipeline operators have the power of eminent domain?
A: Generally speaking, common carrier pipelines in Texas have a statutory right of eminent domain. Common carrier pipelines are operators that transport oil, oil products, gas, carbon dioxide, salt brine, sand, clay, liquefied minerals or other mineral solutions.

For example, a pipeline transporting hazardous liquids would be a common carrier, and would have the right of eminent domain. A ‘common carrier’ pipeline transporting natural gas would be a ‘public utility’ (more commonly referred to as a ‘gas utility’), and also would have the power of eminent domain. The Railroad Commission does not have the authority to regulate any pipelines with respect to the exercise of their eminent domain powers.

Q: How can I tell if the company that wants to cross my land has the power of eminent domain?
A: The Railroad Commission can inform you as to the status of a pipeline as either a gas utility or a common carrier, both of which have a statutory right of eminent domain. For information on natural gas pipelines, call the Railroad Commission’s Utility Audit Section at (512) 463-7022. For information on other pipelines, call the License & Permit Section at (512) 463-7167.

Q: Where can I get more information on pipeline easements, eminent domain, and condemnation proceedings?
A: A good source of information on these issues can be found at Texas A & M University’s Real Estate Center’s web site. From that page, select a topic from the left side of the page, such as “Condemnation,” or “Easements.”

Q: If my property has been condemned for a pipeline easement, does the RRC want to be notified?
A: Yes. If your land has been condemned for a pipeline easement, the Commission would like to be informed, since there is no requirement for the operators to notify the Commission. This will help ensure that the operator is properly classified as either a gas utility or a common carrier, depending upon the commodity being transported. Please notify the Utility Audit Section at (512) 463-7022.

Q: What rights do I have as a landowner?
A: We suggest that you review the Texas Landowner's Bill of Rights published by the Texas Attorney General's office.

Texas RRC

edit on 4/20/2012 by roadgravel because: Bold 2 titles

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Basically if they want to put a highway through your land drill for oil etc etc is what they said. And on top of that I've seen peoples property have roads put through them, so basically if the gov wants ur property its theirs smart guy

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
basically if the gov wants ur property its theirs

What I'm trying to point out to you is there are very specific requirements for the gov o take your and for 'eminent domain'.

'Any old reason' is an inaccurate simplification.

You should read a bit about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Q: Do all pipeline operators have the power of eminent domain?
A: Generally speaking, common carrier pipelines in Texas have a statutory right of eminent domain. Common carrier pipelines are operators that transport oil, oil products, gas, carbon dioxide, salt brine, sand, clay, liquefied minerals or other mineral solutions.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
first things first. Canad is not legally able to claim Imminent domain. Only the US government can claim it even if the "owners" sold the land to Trans canada. Second.The US can call the sales null and void and the company is out of money it spent buying it. Mexico does it all the time to people from other countries buying mexican land.

Unfortunately, those in the US Gov. who are pushing the project are pretending it's about national security. It' nt, but that is their claim.

from the link above:

Eminent domain laws generally allow for the confiscation of private property if taking it is judged to serve a larger public good. These kinds of laws differ slightly from state to state as do the processes by which pipelines are approved and licensed. As a result, there is both debate and confusion over whether TransCanada has the right to use the courts to demand easements from property owners in advance of final approval for the project

A senior State Department official, who asked not to be identified because the permit process is continuing, said TransCanada had not sought federal approval to invoke eminent domain. He said the department had no authority on the issue and that it was up to state law and the courts to determine appropriate use of eminent domain laws.

But lawyers for the landowners, particularly in Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas, argue that TransCanada has not met the requirements to invoke eminent domain under those states’ laws. In South Dakota, however, a judge has already ruled that TransCanada could use eminent domain to secure land for a previous pipeline project. .

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
Uh huh. Written by a vocal supporter of the Keystone Pipeline. Too bad that whole credibility thing goes right out the window.

Hi leri,
Could please expand upon the accusation??
I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS THIS THREAD BUT WHEN i SEE SOMETHING LIKE YOUR POST i PUT THE BREAKS ON.
Should I set the emergency or relax???
thanks ljb

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Does this fit in with the land grab??
salem-news.com...

I does know SUPTIN UP Buttwheat

Well here it is, ljb is a linking idiot and the Cav won't be here till the am.
So if you care paste the url in and learn.

The Zionist Cuckoos in Christianity's Nest - Salem-News.Com
The destiny of the Jewish people is to return to the land of Israel and ... but was already being ‘prepped’ on the drawing board of the World Zionist movement. American ...
salem-news.com/articles/april012012/​zionist-cockoos-sl.php - Cached
oh well look at my avatar
edit on 4/20/2012 by longjohnbritches because: stupid

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Bah, that guy sounded like 90% of ATS does these days.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Bah, that guy sounded like 90% of ATS does these days.

Wow what an oportunity for a guy like ljb to ask WHAT the the heck are you two saying with these one liners??
Are you Dissin ATS??
amazed ljb

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by LErickson
Uh huh. Written by a vocal supporter of the Keystone Pipeline. Too bad that whole credibility thing goes right out the window.

Hi leri,
Could please expand upon the accusation??
I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS THIS THREAD BUT WHEN i SEE SOMETHING LIKE YOUR POST i PUT THE BREAKS ON.
Should I set the emergency or relax???
thanks ljb

I see you kept reading and posting. Still need me to explain? The author supports the government forcing people to give up private land. Then he accuses Obama of doing just that. Where did I lose you?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Does this fit in with the land grab??
salem-news.com...

I does know SUPTIN UP Buttwheat

Well here it is, ljb is a linking idiot and the Cav won't be here till the am.
So if you care paste the url in and learn.

The Zionist Cuckoos in Christianity's Nest - Salem-News.Com
The destiny of the Jewish people is to return to the land of Israel and ... but was already being ‘prepped’ on the drawing board of the World Zionist movement. American ...
salem-news.com/articles/april012012/​zionist-cockoos-sl.php - Cached
oh well look at my avatar
edit on 4/20/2012 by longjohnbritches because: stupid

Cabbage juice fermented rancid long rabbit lunge hitches afterward coming racket toner word salad what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join