It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you remember from THAT day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
My daughter was born on 9/9, so on 9/11 we were taking her home from the hospital. We didn't have the TV on in the hospital room, because we were anxiously awaiting the doctor to come and officially release us.

When a nurse came in, she said, "You don't have your TV on, so you missed it. Some nut flew a plane into one of the twin towers." We were like, "Whaaaa?" We turned on the TV and caught the second plane hitting.

I remember driving home from the hospital with the news on the radio - hearing about the pentagon plane, and the other plane that crashed. It was definitely surreal. I also remember being so angry - not only because of what happened to all the people, but because this was supposed to be a wonderful, exciting day for our family, and it was pretty much ruined. I thought, what kind of a world are we bringing this child into? We didn't know how far this had extended, and when it was going to end.

My husband was very depressed about the whole thing. He had the cable news on pretty much 24/7, until about the 3rd day, when I insisted it get turned off. We had a new baby, and I was damned if I was going to let those a-holes ruin it anymore for me.

Yeah, it ruined my brothers wedding.

Half of the guests could not make it because of the no fly rule.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

i remember... getting a call from the fire dpt chief, saying they weren't sure whether they
would be able to contain the fire... and then the decision was made to pull, and then we
watched the building collapse.

the rest of it is a bit hazy.

edit on 24-4-2012 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911
reply to post by Frankenchrist

i remember... getting a call from the fire dpt chief, saying they weren't sure whether they
would be able to contain the fire... and then the decision was made to pull, and then we
watched the building collapse.

the rest of it is a bit hazy.

edit on 24-4-2012 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

Say what?

Pull as in "pull out"?

or Pull as in "pull the building"?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I remember thinking, wow, this is just like a movie, and low and behold it has been proven to be TV fakery!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I remember hearing about it on my way to work - I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

My sister and her baby were in downtown Chicago walking very close to the Sears tower.

Two of the consultants at work flew in from DC on 9/11, they said they were right by the highjackers.

It seems like to took all morning into early afternoon. For some reason, I remember the missing plane to be later in the day.

One thing that did strike me as strange, is when the second tower fell, the newscaster said when people look at the skyline tomorrow, they won't see the buildings. I thought that was an obvious thing to point out.

One thing I do remember but no one else seems shortly before 9/11, CNN changed it's format. They had a slogan that went "this will change everythng" or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join