It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Shoot, Kill Fleeing Suspect In Keene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Officers Shoot, Kill Fleeing Suspect In Keene

www.wmur.com

After a short foot chase, the suspect got back into the car, when two officers fired at the vehicle and killed the suspect, the Attorney General’s Office said. The Mercedes crashed into a utility pole.

Read more: www.wmur.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This seems a bit off to me. It says that the officers fired at his car as he drove away, killing him, and then it says the body was in the street. So which is it?

In my opinion these officers over-reacted big time and murdered this guy. You can't exactly shoot a person that is fleeing and claim that they were a threat. If a civilian had shot and killed a burglar as he fled in his car, they would be charged with murder.

What do you guys think? Justified, or murder?

www.wmur.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
From the article...

The vehicle, which police said was stolen...
attempt to commit burglary.
a minivan stolen...
both men have lengthy criminal records...
and that Rodriguez has served time in New Hampshire State Prison for burglary.

I think I shall "harden my heart" over this one, and not lose any sleep.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
From the article...

The vehicle, which police said was stolen...
attempt to commit burglary.
a minivan stolen...
both men have lengthy criminal records...
and that Rodriguez has served time in New Hampshire State Prison for burglary.

I think I shall "harden my heart" over this one, and not lose any sleep.

I see not one thing on there that would warrant a death sentence.

The guy was a piece of # for sure, but did he deserve to die? I'd say no.

Also please stick with the actual case, and not his past. I'm asking if the cop was justified in killing this man, not if he deserved to die...
edit on 4/20/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Regardless of what the men did, if they were not threatening the lives of the pigs, the pigs had no right to use deadly force. Don't try and spin it like, "Oh, they were burglers, that makes them subhuman, good job copz!!!"

ETA: Funny how Zimmerman pretty much did the same thing, yet it's somehow okay in this case.
edit on 20-4-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I had the same reaction as well.. I am wondering if the officers pulled the person from the vehicle and once they realized he was dead left the scene as is.

I would like to see some more info about why the officers shot. If there is room to avoid being struck by a vehicle trying to flee then the officers are suppose to take that route. Howeer if the individual intentionally targeted the officers - IE as the officers moved to get out of the path of the vehicle, the vehicle changed directions to place the officers back into the path.

I am curious how this one is going to go...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think we should wait for the upcoming autopsy for the cause of death, I am going to jump ahead and suggest LEAD POISONING , and yes Blow the low life away, get a life get a job, i am so sick and tired of these thieves thinking the world owes them a living, if you have had your home violiated by these scum as i have, line them up and give me an UZI, give the cops another medal for markmanship, and only 8 shots, they were just trying to scare him.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So, no murders in this quaint little college town for ten years or so.
Except by the police.
I am surprised they didn't try to chase him down first with their new military assault vehicle that the American taxpayers paid for. Then they really could have blown this guy away in style. But it was probably parked in some town politicians driveway, to impress the neighbors.

join