It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Disease Spreading in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
At least 19 people are dead, over 100 hospitalized, and even more sick people are being treated at home. The Ministry of Health, World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have no explanation.

Le Han Phong, chairman of the People's Committee in Ba To district in Quang Ngai province, says patients first experience a rash on their hands and feet along with high fever, loss of appetite and eventually organ failure. He says nearly 100 people remain hospitalized, including 10 in critical condition. Patients with milder symptoms are being treated at home.

This has apparently been going on for the past year and is still very isolated.

Most of the patients are from Ba Dien village in Ba To. It is one of the poorest districts in the province and home to many of the Hre ethnic minority group.

Times Herald Record
USA Today

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Vietnam was a testing ground for man made BIO

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
deleted my comment
edit on 20-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Most of the patients are from Ba Dien village in Ba To. It is one of the poorest districts in the province and home to many of the Hre ethnic minority group.
reply to post by Ameilia

Hrm, seems like it might be a localized problem.

Whenever it is localized like this, the cause will usually be determined sooner or later. Lets hope its sooner.

It might be something as simple as contamenents in the water supply. I will keep an eye on this.

vvv

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I live in Saigon and I haven't heard anything about this, but then again, I don't speak the language, nor read the news. However, many months ago a Vietnamese friend told me of a bad virus going around, this might be what he was talking about. He basically told me that if I started feeling sick and it turned into a high fever, it was game over. As for it being a BIO, could be a race specific one seeing as the majority of the people are from the Hre ethnic group. Anyway that is in the middle of the country so I'm not worried, yet. Although I did visit Tuy Hoa a year ago which is a province or two south of there.
I will ask around and let you know if I hear anything juicy.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I know there is a hospital somewhere near there that is totally quarantined off from the public due to a SARS outbreak. Probably not in that area but curious as to what happened with that. As the Chinese military men are the ones being hospitalized.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a mutated version of 'hand, foot and mouth disease, caused by the Coxsackie A 16 virus.

A truly horrible situation if so. It goes around schools very quickly and sometimes you can get rid of it then become reinfected shortly after. This appears to be the case with this illness also.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Didn't the H5N1 start killing a couple people in China and Vietnam recently? It was only a couple people, that's why it wasn't big news... but that was about a month ago. It doesn't have the symptoms of most flu viruses, it attacks your lungs, not your throat or nasal cavity, and it causes fevers as well. Most people don't know they have it until it overcomes them, and if left untreated, it will make your lungs shut down, and you'll just die.

That's what it sounds like to me. Some Japanese guy in a college combined the H1N1 with the H5N1 to make a new super flu, too, for supposed "vaccine experimentation" meant for "Pre-pandemic purposes" ... weird coincidence.... seeing as how Science magazine said the super flu could "Change world history if it were ever set free" ... I read that on another ATS forum. But still.... Looks like another mutated swine flu... Red flag!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is it, these places are used for testing new weapons created by Big Pharma

Originally posted by judus
I wouldn't be surprised if Vietnam was a testing ground for man made BIO

edit on 23-4-2012 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

actually, you can only get coxsackie once but there's a few different strains of it. Unless you have an extremely mild case or you come into some serious contact with the virus, you usually are immune after that first run around.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
apparently theres hoof & mouth

a mystery skin disease

and maybe the avian/bird flu has mutated or hybridized - again

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That sounds very much like an electromagnetic weapon, or radiation sickness.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This might not be possible considering how much time has passed but could it be some form of mutation created by the effects of agent orange?

new topics

top topics

join