It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the little things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Didn't know where to post this (The mods and move and blah blah blah)....

Anyway, I'd like to say that I appreciate the humor some of us have here on ATS, and here's why:

Whilst looking up whats new here on the ever changing new topics page, as I'm sure many of us do, every now and again someone has the stones to post something utterly ridiculous (not to make fun of people's posts). Something that is just so off the wall and pointless it captures my, as well as some of the other members', attention. The majority of the time these threads are deleted or moved to the "Jokes, puns and pranks" section, this I have no problem with, in fact, I'm glad that we have moderators that do their job that well. On the other hand, I'm somewhat glad that these threads do exist, if only for five minutes.

Sometimes I'll be going through the forums and see titles that are unnerving to say the least. Other times I come across threads and posts that unimaginably informative and I truly am glad to have read these. And I'll be the first to admit I've fallen for a hoax or two.

But every now and then I come across something outrageous, not even a topic of discussion, just the ramblings of someone with nothing to say, and I can't help but laugh. Some will say these posts are a waste of our time here on ATS, others are outraged that they even make it onto the board...

I say thank you.

I do not condone this behavior, and yes, I may even commit a post or two to the nonsense. But I think it's healthy. I realize there is a reputation to uphold here, but with some of the forums being somewhat downtrodden, I'm glad that some of us out there still have a nice sense of humor. I think this upholds our reputation as much as anything else. It's the little things that keep us sane.

What do you guys think...?

P.S. I only mean the furthest of off topic threads ("This is it" etc.)
edit on 20-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I shall stand behind thee,for I have foreseen the inevitable.blah blah blah...and on a second note,thanks to all the great threads lately,I knew you would wake up

f&s
edit on 20-4-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
hahahaha! Very nice!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It is the wit as well as the wisdom that makes ATS shine! Our lunatic fringe is like no other
Some of the posters here are just naturally funny and others are funny without intention.

It is indeed a joy to find those threads that are off just that little bit to much.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I knew I wasn't the only one that enjoyed these threads...

new topics

top topics

join