It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are on a planet.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Funny, i went to google Apeiro-Chelonaphobia and all i got was one hit and it was this post and nothing else.

edit to add - now there are two references
One from me, and one from you

edit on 20-4-2012 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I wish that people would stop allowing themselves to be taken advantage of and this includes the U.S. It seems that the U.S. is dumping Billions of Dollars into countries where their own citizens cannot get along or are at war or are threatening to do this or that.

The problem is...if the U.S. ever went back to a position of Isolationism...the whole damn World would be at each others throats. We tried to be isolationists after WWI and look what it got us...WWII. We even warned the European Governments that the War Reperations they were imposing on a defeated Germany were too heavy and practicly SCREAMED at them to reduce the reparations before Germany that at the time had people dying of starvation...would become resurgent with nationalism and another war would break out. They didn't listen to us and we got WWII.

I want our tax dollars to go into rebuilding our own Country...it is time we helped ourselves instead of everyone else. Split Infinity

The Fed was created on December 23, 1913 effectively giving control of the nation to the global bankers, so there goes the isolationist claim. WWI began June 1914. The US portrayed an outwardly isolationist semblance but within the country, propaganda was pushed daily. As usual, targets such as the Lusitania were put out in harm's way, baiting the excuse to jump into the fray. Same garbage as the ships off the Bay of Tonkin and recently, the strait of hormuz. Same tired strategy yet works splendidly with the uninformed, "patriotic" masses. USA officially joined the war in 1917. Just 3 years after. So much for isolationists.

WW2 started 1939, US joined 1942
WW1 started 1914, US joined 1917

3 years apart in common. Coincidence?

3 3 ?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

your the frickin man! you had me in stitches...hahahaha!!! maybe that guy atlas should take a turn,and leave terry pratchet alone for a while before cohen the barbarian gets fed up sitting on his back and stabs the heck out of it...
people say the planet is a living entity,well obviously,if it was dead...so would we be...lol!
i do see this guys point though,we "SHOULD"all take a step back and look at the bigger picture,i think humans are either too dumb too,or too scared too,im neither,i thinks its all just beautiful,like giant turtle eggs...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I know it is impossible for the U.S. to ever become Isolationists at this point...but I am tired of the sacrifices that both the U.S. Military have given as well as the populous and the "CIVILIAN' intel. groups. All I hear is Bitching but no one who speaks of a plan. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
We are alive, on a planet.
A planet. that circles a star.
reading those words, it just doesn't do any justice,
we've been handed an illusion of something much less impressive.

Yeah, but when you get to the really BIG picture you'll find that the universe is a torus, which means we exist in something that's shaped like a life preserver. Me thinks we should be just a little bit scared.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by yourmaker
We are alive, on a planet.
A planet. that circles a star.
reading those words, it just doesn't do any justice,
we've been handed an illusion of something much less impressive.

Yeah, but when you get to the really BIG picture you'll find that the universe is a torus, which means we exist in something that's shaped like a life preserver. :
35-foot-wide? ..so they did it it seems

edit on 21-4-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join