It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How about we start painting mangled corpses on cars. Maybe people will decide to not drive because their health is at risk.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Australia has had these on cancer boxes for years. Now they're pioneering 'plain packaging' on all death stick packs (excluding the horror pics, that is).

Americans seem regressive in... well, everything but military armament...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

Thank you! Looks like my kind of project. (And I know how to solder, too!)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Look, nicotine is by far the hardest thing I have ever tried to quit in my life, I'm still trying though, and I want to quit (Nah, I'm lying I love somking)

Yah, love it to death. It will remain lovable and you will put off quitting right up to the point the balance of health shifts and ...its too late. Then you will quit too late and if you are granted enough time to quit and a little more you will wonder how you could have been so duped to think it was cool in the first place. That all you really have been is dependent on an idea, an illusion. An ad campaign designed to charm you away from your reason. To charm you to death.

Love it to death.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Australia has had these on cancer boxes for years. Now they're pioneering 'plain packaging' on all death stick packs (excluding the horror pics, that is).

Americans seem regressive in... well, everything but military armament...

Good point. Maybe if they painted women and children on ammo boxes...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

After being a smoker for 16 years I quit after reading an amazing book by Allen Carr called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking". Watch "cutting down" on ciggies, it makes you cherish those puffs even more. I'm 9 weeks stopped and couldn't be happier. Good luck on quitting!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

Be patient. Your time will come too.
Keep blowing those smoke rings around yourself.
edit on 20-4-2012 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Most of this is pure crap about smoking. How are kids born with cancer, how come some get it and some don't if they smoke. I have been smoking over 40 years. NEVER had any health issues. Avoided chemicals in food, water , medicines and vaccines. I have had to take antibiotics 3 times in my life, and that is the only pills I have taken. I have also lived in rural areas most of my life. There is more of a hazard with the food supply today than there is with smoking. Lunch meat use to be good for a few days, now it lasts for 30 days..ding ding. Do you seriously know how many chemicals are in that 6-8 glasses of water they tell you to drink in a day. And by the way, I smoke native brands, they don't have all the chemicals that the government controlled ones do. Pink slime, green goo, simulated flavour, MacDonald's and Taco Bell..NO Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Do you actually know anyone that has died because of smoking?

I have not.

But I know plenty, lots and lots, that have died of cancer.

but not because they smoked.

Cancer IMO is gonna get you if you like it or not.

Whers my ciggy!!!!

I do know someone. My step-grandfather. He had emphysema and one lung. He never smoked a day in his life. But his wife did. Still does. He ended up getting cancer in his last lung I think, that or the emphysema killed him but according to the doctor the secondhand smoke made his condition worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not saying smoking is good for you or anything but, everything causes cancer these days. I think 9/10 people that I know that had/have cancer never smoked.

Breathing fumes from cars in the city has to be bad from all the smog, walking behind a 2 cycle trimmer/push mower. 95% of the food in the grocery store isn't good for you. I've seen warning labels on different plastic things that warn not to put in your mouth because it contains lead...even children's toys, carpeting etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
40 years ago a lot of people smoked that I knew and very few died of cancer or even got cancer. Lots of people died of heart attacks. Some of the drinkers died of liver disease. There wasn't much prostate or breast cancer back then either. Now, most people don't smoke and everyone is getting cancer. Maybe some histamine in tobacco smoke triggers the body to fight cancer cells when they are small. Maybe something else is actually causing the cancer. They are already blaming third hand smoke, why don't they go back to square one and see what is really causing the big upswing in cancer. Things just don't add up

I think the government is trying to put up a smoke screen. They are covering things up. There appears to be a reason behind this deceit also. Most people can't see the deceit because they gave up smoking and think the smoking or others smoking is causing their cancer. People aren't really that smart, it's changes in the food chemistry and chemicals in the water and air.
edit on 20-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
cool i smoke some more now

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Again,

Read the OP before commenting.

I am a smoker. How can I be smug and self righteous about smoking vs non-smoking?

I can however be smug and self righteous in that I can read and comprehend the English language.
Also that I actually do so before offering up comments of no value.

Now back to smoking and the actual topic at hand...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd really like to try the e-cigs. Have been a heavy smoker for most of my life, & HATE being a slave to it!
Does anyone know if they are they available in Australia, or can I buy online from overseas?
& if you can share brands to try/steer clear of, that would be great! (I'm not keen on trying any 'fruit flavored' ones yet-just something disgusting like a cigarette, lol!)
Many thanks in advance:up

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
I'm happy to say that as of Saturday night, I will be 7 weeks clean. Zero nicotine, zero toxins. Feels great to have quit cold turkey! Good luck to you. These shock ads are just what some people need to help them quit. I like the new commercials too where the people are talking with their voice boxes.

When I was in Mexico last year, their cigarette packs had all sorts of disturbing pictures orinted on them. One was a fetus lying in a pile of cigarette butts and another of a kid crying at his dads hospital bedside. I was like wtf??
edit on 20-4-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

Congratulations to you! I would love to join your ranks!

Gotta say though, I get really pissy with the constant negative attention focused on smokers.
Photos such as those listed above are among the worst. What about photos of families turfed to the curb after defaulting on a payment or two to the big banks , usually due to illness? Can we see some of them printed on the banks lovely glossy, home loan brochures?
That'd be a bloody helpful warning if the gov truly cared about its people.

If they were really serious, they'd give e-cigs/patches etc free of charge. Here in Australia, if I was a heroin addict I'd get free methodone , but if you're a smoker, well they'll just ostracize & overcharge you for the right to do so.

I'd believe they had our best interests at heart, if they attached a free e-cig to every pack I bought.
That would help me quit far more than their crappy,scare tactic photos. I don't believe for a second the government truly wants us to quit. We are so overtaxed on cigs here, they don't want to lose their money tree.

edit on 20-4-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Again,

Read the OP before commenting.

I am a smoker. How can I be smug and self righteous about smoking vs non-smoking?

I can however be smug and self righteous in that I can read and comprehend the English language.
Also that I actually do so before offering up comments of no value.

Now back to smoking and the actual topic at hand...

You chose 4/20 specifically just to spill your guts out with this topic, well done you. To be fair I didn't even read your OP, didn't need to. Judging from your response however it's clear that it would have added nothing of value to my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Too right! I smoked cigarettes from the ages 15-50. For the last three years I have smoked electronic cigarettes. They taste great, give me my nicotine, and leave out the hot smoke, pesticides and carcinogens. I bolt up stairways now.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
I'd really like to try the e-cigs. Have been a heavy smoker for most of my life, & HATE being a slave to it!
Does anyone know if they are they available in Australia, or can I buy online from overseas?
& if you can share brands to try/steer clear of, that would be great! (I'm not keen on trying any 'fruit flavored' ones yet-just something disgusting like a cigarette, lol!)
Many thanks in advance:up

E-cigs are most definitely available down under. Have a look here for some advice a little closer to home. I use the UK equivalent. forums.aussievapers.com...

I can't sing there praise high enough. I smoked for 27 years, the last 10 I basically chained smoked all day. Then one day I decided I'd had enough, ordered a kit and 2 years down the line I haven't had a cigarette since. But I will confess to a Cuban cigar at christmas but that was a one off treat.

I'd recommend starting with a Ego/Riva 510 kit. And order some flavour samples. I personally just stick with mainly tobacco flavours but you can get just about any flavour you can imagine now. Seen one called "beef dinner" recently...lol Oh and Menthol is a truly fantastic vape.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumface Jones

Australia is one of the few countries to make them illegal (I know I live here). That being said, I have had customs open my shipments (they leave a note) and no problems have surfaced. I quit a few times before discovering e-cigarettes and always regressed. It is not easy for a long-time smoker to quit. It is not only a psychological addiction but a physical addiction. Everytime I quit I gave up drinking. Then I went to the Pub and started "bumming" smokes. Now, my clothes don't smell and any "do-gooders" who challenge me get a firm rebuttal. Doctors should be prescribing them .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join