It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MiddleClassWarrior

To you too. Thank you.
Yes it is amazing how quickly your body will heal itself when the abuse stops. Its smarter than we the decision makers are most of the time.

Second sentence, that I have great doubt about, smoking is legal, and heavily taxed isn't it? George Osborne put half a dollar extra tax on smokers in the latest budget, I didn't see any tax on Cocaine, Weed or any other yummy stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Am I the only one that notices if you can quit for 2-3 days that next cigarette tastes so bad you lose any drive to smoke a cig? Im on day 5 of quitting, first 2-3 days used a patch but now I cannot even smoke without it being nasty but I still crave em, don't even use the patch anymore. I'll probably still fail, but hoping not.

Anyone SERIOUSLY wanting to quit(That's the main step, you need to want it bad), I recommend using patches. Remember that once you put it on, you cannot smoke, and it doesn't work immidietly. You will crave cigs for like 30 min's, just don't think it's not working.

It's pretty crazy id be on a few days without cigarettes and ill have patch on, and think, would I really smoke a cigarette if I could? And suprisingly the awsner is usually no.
edit on 20-4-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by jude11

Ummmm the surgeon general is government appointed.

That was my point...

Govt. appointed and shouting about how bad cigs are for you. And yet so many scientists are still saying there is no direct link. Who do you believe?

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thanks! Just showed this to my wife (smoker) and she gagged when she saw the mouth, probably shouldn't have showed it to her while she was eating the squid salad. I bug her every day about quitting and it only strengthens her resolve.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Concerning the original post, it is just a way to put fear in people. People will smoke if they want to.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
E-cig user here , been a bit over a year. I stopped when my daughter was born . Took a night to kicked the cigerette and switch to e-cigs, let me know I wasnt not only addicted to nicotine.... Anyone that smokes should give it a go..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lol pointless thread. You should just move on with your life, smoke less or smoke more, it's all up to you. Don't be hypocritical and try to inform people on what NOT to do, ESPECIALLY if you are still doing it yourself. I am pretty sure everyone knows what is good for them. Lead by example, don't just start celebrating cause you are CHOOSING to quit, cause lemme tell you that you will NEVER quit if you keep gloating about it being in the PROCESS of doing so. Just my 9 million cents.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Yes. I wanna light up right now.

I really do.

I cant though, Im at work.

Soooooo a bunch of cancer pictures.

Let me ask you this.

Do you actually know anyone that has died because of smoking?

I have not.

But I know plenty, lots and lots, that have died of cancer.

but not because they smoked.

Cancer IMO is gonna get you if you like it or not.

Whers my ciggy!!!!

People with your mentality are the kind of people I was talking about HERE

There is a natural order to life.
Social Darwinism some would call it.

Now, I don't "Hope" you die nor do I believe that you "deserve" to die.
Anymore than I think that the lady who drank 8 litres of Coke a day "deserved" to die.

However, If and when you meet your demise because of Cigarette related issues it will be
another example of a natural process called survival of the fittest.

All of the information has been made available to ALL of us.
We all have the ability to make an informed decision.
We do NOT all have the wherewithall to do so.

I support your right to smoke 'em if you got 'em.
I support natures right to eliminate you from the rest of the herd thus insuring the species can move forward without passing on the 'stupid gene' to anyone else thus contaminating the herd. I DO NOT HOPE you die.
but I DO support your right to kill yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You do know all that scare tactic BS is a psyop to keep people smoking, right? The first thing a smoker does when getting a spike in stress is light up a smoke. Those stupid ads and commercials are made specifically to cause a stress spike. Mind warefare out there folks, mind# central all around us.
edit on Fri, 20 Apr 2012 19:11:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have been analog free for almost 2 months now. I switched to ecigs and could not be happier. I smoked a pack and a half for 25 years, and finally said enough of not being able to breathe.
I bought one of those gas station ecigs to start out and have not had a real smoke again. I DID go through withdrawls using it, but it was all of the other crap in cigarettes that my body was used to. The nicotine I was getting was one part of it, but there are other chemicals in that smoke that make your body flip out without!!!!!
I have made my own mod for here at the house

, and I am awaiting a GLV-2 5V for the road. I have dropped my nic levels from 24mg now to 18mg in just 2 months, and the smell of a real smoke makes me sick from half a parking lot away. Too strange from a long term smoker.
I just want to let people know there is a way to quit and still keep your "poop in a group" so to speak.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I look at it this way...
Generally, if you buy and open a pack of smokes to have one generally you are in the mood for one and no picture will stop you, just like if you open a pack of condoms...generally speaking, you should be already in the mood.
None of these pictures will have any effect.
Just another way for the governing bodies to have their cake and eat it to.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
these anti-smoking campaigns are ridiculous. these groups contain members who are nothing but hipster morons who try to protest government taking away our freedoms and right to choose (abortion, gay marriage, legalization of pot etc...) but then turn around and try to get something they do not approve of banned and eradicated.

no s%@! smoking can kill you. if people want to kill themselves slowly over the next 30-40 years it is their right to do so. if you want to talk about DSA (designated smoking areas) that is a whole different topic.

quit with the propaganda. i successfully quit smoking but i sure as hell don't think we need little "reminders" to tell us what is and isn't good for us when it has been beaten into oblivion over the last 20 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

That is awesome dude!

Congratulations on that.........

This is my mod

i935.photobucket.com...

sorry for some reason wont upload to my ats photos

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Never really got why smoking is perfectly legal, while steroids are not.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Nice one! The tank is the kicker.

Happy Vaping!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

If you don't mind my asking, how do you build your own vape? I would be very interested in this......

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

well i didnt build this mod, i think the poster above me built his.......

If you want to build our own you can buy DIY kits to do so......

Mine is called the Omega V1.1 with a tank from Altsmoke......and juice from various diff places........

as ive recommended before to others in private messages...

I reccommend going to www.grimindustries.com and checking out his blog, hes got tons of starter videos, information on mods, cartomizers, atomizers, tanks, batteries.....juices....... you name it

Def a great alternative to those who want to stop the carcinogens of smoking while still enjoying smoking and different flavors.......

Currently im vaping Tiramisu flavor with 24mg nicotine and sipping Dalwhinnie

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I just PM'd the info over to them.

2nd

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Please explain something to me...
The same companies who manufacture these so called 'killer sticks' stick their caution on it?
WHY?
If they really are so concerned about the people who smoke and that they make get cancer, hell, stop manufacturing them! go to an alternate manufacture gum or something..

ok one may say the government wants these warnings there?
WHY?????
do they care about you and me? NO WAY!
They want you to smoke & get any number of diseases as since time immemorial tobacco has been one of the largest revenue generators in any economy.
They want you to smoke, so they probably advice the cigi manufacturing companies to load it with toxins and poisons so more and more ppl can go to the other money making machine- hospitals.
And at the end of the day they'll just shrug it off and say ' i told you so! see the pack! are you blind?'

WHY DON'T THEY JUST STOP MANUFACTURING CIGARETTES??

this world is screwed up... so screwed up that every living organism including you and me care only about ourselves.. nothing else matters

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

Our Government will never force cigarettes to stop being made. They get so much $ from the taxes it boggles the mind. They say it is for health coverage for smoking related diseases, but I bet it is no different than the lottery proceeds going for education. A percentage of a percentage does not cut it. All the excess goes right in the pocket.
Carnies and Rubes

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join