It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
And that is why I switched to using an Electronic cigarette...

Don't know if this is true, but I remember hearing that the Electronic cigarettes have some kind of dangerous chemical in the vapor or something. I heard its not any better, or if it is not by much. Hope someone proves me wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i have one or two every week or so, but usually not even that
i spend my time on something else

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
And that is why I switched to using an Electronic cigarette...

Curious how you find that and if it works.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah smoking kills..

And so does crossing the street, flying a plane, riding a bike (pretty much anything you CAN do has the potential to kill)

6 million ways to die, choose 1.

I choose smoking.
edit on 20/4/12 by Romekje because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For those of you who don't quit...

Look into Tar Bars:

www.tarbarfilter.com...

Trust me.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why don't we put this pictures blown up on the side of all vehicles, why don't we put them on all fireplaces. Everytime somebody has a barbecue why don't we put up warnings for miles around.

These are all more serious to your health, but nobody seems to care at all.

Anti-smokers are brainwashed. Still peddling propaganda about cigarette smokers causing asthma, even though people who smoke has halved while people with asthma have doubled. Nobody is ready to put these disgusting warnings on cars and fireplaces though, are you?

It's the hypocrisy that bothers me. most of the most ardent anti-smokers i know are middle class scum who drive around in gas gussling clumps of metal.

Lets also put similar warnings on all processed food, on all hair shampoos, beauty products, shaving foams, deodrants etc.

there's no need to be selective here, either put these warnings out across the board or leave me the hell alone

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You know, its funny, I started dipping AND smoking when I was 13. I quit dipping when I was 19 and just smoked a pack sometimes two a day for the past 15 years. I was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer but get this......its a form of cancer that does not even come from smoking!!! I had tumors all over me and none of the cancer was from all the cigarette/nicotine abuse over the years.

Heres my two cents: If you want to smoke, do it. If you want to drink, do that as well. Cancer or any other diseases that we're gonna get are gonna happen if its meant to be. When its your time, its your time and theres nothing you can do about it. Many people seem to go around and pretend like maybe they'll be the first person to live forever. I know people that are old that drink and smoke/chew and have been doing it all their lives. I also have known people that never touched a cigarrette, drank sparingly and ran 5 miles a day then drop dead of a heart attack at 30. Life is short and the only thing thats certain in this life is death. So live it up.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

pft yeah yeah we all know its terrible... I can't tell you how sick I get if the 'tobacco crusade' propraganda, can't even go see a damn movie with out it weaseled into the intro, why don't I see more dont do crack signs or don't drink excessively or an updated faces of Meth campaign,

idk op my grandpa just had a blatter surgery, smoked for ever and moved To chaw (kinda of wish he still smoked chaw is yuck) and he's almost 70! I think his mind will go before the rest of him I Just saying there's way worse vises and really good doctors now adays.

PS you wanna see something really cool hold a cigarette under a black light and you can see all the chemicals that are sprayed on the outside of the paper to get You addicted!

(-:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Smoking is a calculated risk, and dying quicker is an acceptable loss.

Besides, your all gonna die from cancer when WW3 starts, or whenever the TPTB decide to depopulate you all with Bird Flu 2.0, And who the hell wants to be a slave in Monsato Muslim world anyway?

Dont worry, i have emphysema, and i plan on returning the favor. I wont die in a hospital bed while these #s still sell ciggaretes and you #ers ignore it. Your just as much to blame, so # off.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
These pictures are from a box? They are a lot better than the warning label here in the USA which most people are too illiterate to read anyway..

Everytime you post something on ATS your posts are almost always hateful, Why do you hate everyone around you so much?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm down to about a half a pack a day, I know it's still bad for me but so are all the sodas my non smoking friends chug by the case while up on their high horse condemning smoking for be bad and gross.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ugh, I don't really like posting in smoking threads..but there are a few things that irk me about the subject.

First, why don't we show the stumps of amputees who've lost limbs from self-induced diabetes, to show the danger of a high-sugar intake diet?

Second, the government taxes the hell out of cigarettes and gives some of it to cancer research - the very same people who tell us to quit.

What would happen if every non-smoker got their wish and every smoker just up and quit tomorrow?

Thirdly, we love to cherry-pick why America is so great and what made it so great, and tobacco played a colossal role in our great nation's past - that's always ignored.

I agree, it's bad for you - very bad, but the problem again, is modernization. Human beings have been smoking tobacco for THOUSANDS of years...the problem is that were living longer, and they're adding chemicals to the tobacco to make them more addictive. If we could get our hands on tobacco the way we did before the industry was hijacked by chemicals, I'd be willing to bet we could put a huge dent in cancer.

This is entirely my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the photos of dismembered bodies from a drunk driver, or photos of damaged livers and kidneys from alcohol to be placed on any alcoholic beverage. After all, in a full on Nanny State, why should Alcohol be given a free pass?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I smoked from age 13-29. Chain smoking from 13-22, and then social smoking while drinking from then on.

Never had any problems, but realized I was starting to push my luck.

Quit alcohol cigarettes, and other puffages on new years.

It really didn't seem too difficult.

I just drank upped my tea consumption, and starting exercising like a madman.

Be cool, drink tea!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
and why do u fell u can show people this just because u hate it keep your pics to yourself just like the government

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Cigarettes take WAY too much of the brunt of the whole cancer thing. First off, about 15 years ago, they identified that most of the cancer causing effect of cigarettes came from the additives companies put IN the cigs, particularly one, which was taken out. Since then, sorry - anti smokers - cancer from cigarettes has gone down.

No, I'm not saying cigs aren't bad for you, but there are SOOOOO many things out there that cause cancer and are bad for you, it is ludicrous that cigarettes get labeled the worst. Here in Toronto Canada, the statistics are like this: each year, about 1050 people die from tobacco related causes. And each year, about 960 die from smog related causes. If you think the general air in any major city isn't poisoning you and causing cancer, well, you'd be....wrong.

Cosmetics is a whole other pandora's box. Most cosmetics are hilariously toxic with carcinogens - yes, the stuff you wash your hair with, creams you put on your skin, components of these things are found IN tumours.

And let's not forget the biggest elephant in the room - the food people eat! Why does almost no one know that sugar feeds cancer cells, feeds bad bacteria, feeds viruses? And it's in EVERYTHING and people eat LOTS of it. MSG, additive, pesticides, myriad of chemicals in most stuff from the supermarket. The amount of cancer causing stuff in food is GIGANTIC. And let me tell you - your body will dispose of something smoked a LOT faster than it will of something eaten.

So let me remind everyone that smoking is ONE thing, one thing our of dozens of other things that people do wrong that's bad for their health. Most people probably wouldn't get cancer from smoking if they were healthy to begin with, so quitting smoking might not help everyone that much if they don't clean the rest of their lives up.

Oh and exercise - prevents ALL forms of cancer. Another reason I scoff at the non-smokers who assume they're healthier than I am when they can barely climb a flight of stairs as they chew on a chocolate bar and eat their MSG soup, and go to the doctor for their meds, while I cycle off to the gym to swim, work out and....have a smoke when I'm done!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
reply to post by jude11

pft yeah yeah we all know its terrible... I can't tell you how sick I get if the 'tobacco crusade' propraganda, can't even go see a damn movie with out it weaseled into the intro, why don't I see more dont do crack signs or don't drink excessively or an updated faces of Meth campaign,

idk op my grandpa just had a blatter surgery, smoked for ever and moved To chaw (kinda of wish he still smoked chaw is yuck) and he's almost 70! I think his mind will go before the rest of him I Just saying there's way worse vises and really good doctors now adays.

PS you wanna see something really cool hold a cigarette under a black light and you can see all the chemicals that are sprayed on the outside of the paper to get You addicted!

(-:

True, which is why I go out of my way to buy smokes made with no chemicals, and grown with no pesticides.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Any way it was the govt that got every one smoking in the first place. During the war. Guess they thought. Well they are going to die any way, in the war. At least this way. we can tax them to death at the same time. Every one has their own personal poision. With some its booze, others smoke or do drugs. Been a great tax benifit for the Govt ever since.
edit on 20-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You really think your post is going to dissuade anyone from smoking? Like we haven't noticed all of the information until now?

Yes I want to smoke and I will smoke.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join