It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude11,
Thanks for sharing this! We always need to be reminded of these things that contribute to our health I believe.

To be 100% honest to everyone who smokes, which I used to as well. Just a fair warning..as a young female I want to let you know some things Ive noticed..
Smoking makes you, and your breathe smell like nasty #. Everything from your hair to your clothes, especially to your smoking hand. You can not smell it when you do smoke, and I never realized until I quit, just how dirty and nasty it makes a person smell. It is extremely unattractive, and if you do not already have a partner, goodluck attempting to lure or kiss a new one with your breath smelling like an ass tray, ashtray*. So Cancer or not it makes you a smelly, unattractive unhealthy stinker. Hey atleast its not Cancer though right?
Just a fair heads up from a lady whos tired of smelling people when they walk by or talk to me. Oh and every smoker stinks, no one is a special exception, so yes if you smoke this applies to you. Cancer or not you smell like #.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have been smoking on and off but I mainly smoke after a drink. It doesn't effect my performance at the gym and I generally have no issues with it. Would it not have the same effect on my lungs if I biked to work and inhaled a 10 pack of diesel engines?

As for the e-cigs that were mentioned, these work well. I know this because I used to sell them. Companies are taking the absolute pi$$ with the prices though. I used to source mine very cheap, they were/are safe(sold over 300 with no problems) and they were a safe USB charge. The filters were also very cheap. Not sure I am allowed to post the website where I got them so anyone that wants to know PM me and I will send you the website.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
whats especially annoying, is smokers cough.

everyone in my family who smokes, also has this nasty, annoying cough.

they say smoking helps keep the cought at bay.

likewise, my sibling who's been smoking throughout chemo, says smoking didnt cause the cancer so its a non-issue.

regardless, why DO people smoke??

is it healthful, productive, economical, rewarding, meditative, cleansing, purifying, or what??

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

When I last looked into E-Cigs the ingredients you listed were the most common ingredients, not the only ones. Since there is no sort of labeling or oversight in these products and they are manufactured in a few different countries then we can't say for sure that everybody is sticking to that list as the only ingredients. I think it would be highly unlikely that nobody deviates from the base formula.

Again, I liked them. I just think the ingredients should be listed.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
whats especially annoying, is smokers cough.

everyone in my family who smokes, also has this nasty, annoying cough.

they say smoking helps keep the cought at bay.

likewise, my sibling who's been smoking throughout chemo, says smoking didnt cause the cancer so its a non-issue.

regardless, why DO people smoke??

is it healthful, productive, economical, rewarding, meditative, cleansing, purifying, or what??

I smoke because it mainly looks cool

Like when I have my leather jacket on with the collar popped.

Leaning against the wall.

The sun glasses and having the thickest hair on the planet helps a bit too.

Learning Doo Wop and hanging out with Nicky, Vinny, and Joey knowing they got my back makes me not worry about people giving me crap about lighting up.

Not really.

Im addicted.

But I do find it satisfying like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Really its soooooooo addictive.

But really nice.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Got to agree with the other e cig converts here.
I haven't had a proper cigarette in months.
I have one of those ego tank ones now, best thing ever.
My Mrs has one too. I don't think either of us will smoke again. (apart from a Romeo y Jiuilietta on my birthday).

It's a great way to keep the smoking buzz if you aren't ready to quit, like us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I smoke. I wish i never started. In college of all friggin things. Well, I eat very healthy, take fish oil and drink apple cider vinegar and milk thistle seeds. No soda but I'm a heavy drinker. Ugh well I'm trying my best. You aren't worth anything unless you have at least once vice.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'd drink dat Kool-Aid
looks tasty, OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
While it is shocking and scary to see what smoking can do to you (or at least what we're told smoking can do to you) it's not really effective.

We can show each other pictures of horrific car crashes and tell each other this is what driving cars does to one.
We can show each other pictures of the mangled bodies of mountain climbers and tell each other this is what mountain climbing does to one.
We can show each other pictures of maimed pedestrians and tell each other this is what walking in the street does to one.

And so on. I'm sure you get the idea. The point is, that death is around us. 24/7. We simply cannot live our lives in fear of what might happen. Yes, not smoking reduces your chances of certain cancers - if we believe what we're being told. The key word being "reduces". There are many, many people that doesn't smoke and still end up with bladder, throat, lung, etc. cancer without smoking or even living with someone that smokes. My believe is that we are all destined to die on a specific day and time. And no amount of eating salads, not having sex, not smoking, not drinking, not LIVING is going to prevent that. So, I know I'm going to die, some day; I may just as well go out enjoying a smoke whilst doing it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
i really don't understand how people can go more than like a pack a week or so - hello - moderations?!

I was smoking sampoerna's. I was smoking 3 - 4 ciggies a day, then moved to a few more, then almost a pack every second day.
That's when I realised I needed to quit. So far this is my 7th day.
It's incredibly easy to just have "one" more ciggie after your last.

Back in Australia, we've had those pictures on our packets for a few years now, and I recently read that Indonesia will be getting them as well.

Some of them are messed up :|

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncents
reply to post by ArrowsNV

When I last looked into E-Cigs the ingredients you listed were the most common ingredients, not the only ones. Since there is no sort of labeling or oversight in these products and they are manufactured in a few different countries then we can't say for sure that everybody is sticking to that list as the only ingredients. I think it would be highly unlikely that nobody deviates from the base formula.

Again, I liked them. I just think the ingredients should be listed.
They are listed online for the people who REALLY want to know. I found them in one quick google search.

I chose Dekang because that's the only kind that I buy, mainly because I know what is in it and they don't mind telling you what is actually in their product. That and it has the best flavor imo...

DEKANG FRUIT FLAVOR E-LIQUID

Vanilla extract (12%); 2,3,5-trimethylpyrazine (0.3%); 1-Malic acid (0.8%); beta-Damascenone (0.1%); Acetylpyrazine (0.5%); Vanillin (3.0%); Ethyl maltol (0.5%); 2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine (1.0%); Vitamin C (0.2%); Peach aldehyde (0.8%); Nicotine(0.6%);1,2-propylene glycol(80.2%).

www.e-elektronicka-cigareta.cz...

2,3,5-trimethylpyrazine, 1-Malic acid, beta-Damascenone, Acetylpyrazine, Ethyl maltol, 2,5-Dimethyl pyrazine, and Peach aldehyde are all added for flavor and scent, they've been tested and scrutinized as non toxic. Plus it's still better than the 4000+ chemicals in a regular cigarette...

The most dangerous chemical in there is the nicotine, and you'd have to pretty much drink the whole bottle to end up dead.
edit on 4/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
If the placebo effect is real then those pictures aren't doing much to help... except to kill more people by influencing their beliefs.

I think it's more important to talk to and listen to one's body. Our bodies self-repair, but if we don't recognize the tipping point it won't repair fast enough. Also everyone's different. A pack a day for one person might be like a cig a day for another.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

I'm a hypnotherapist with a long and good track record of helping people stop smoking. There are two approaches to the problem; the carrot and the stick. The stick, neatly demonstrated here with good justification, rarely works. end of.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

If you make it yourself, you know exactly what's in it.
And it's so cheap.
Costs me about maybe 25 cents a day.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The first picture: Urinary Tract infection?

2nd picture: Bad case of Thrush?

On one packet it was claimed smoking causes cancer showing a very clear picture of typical frost bite

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes in Canada, I believe in all provinces, for a few years now about half of the pack of smokes is a warning ad, similar to those, these new ones are getting even more graphic, not that it really makes a difference.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I find it very funny listening to all the no smokers. Moaning about people who smoke. Yet they all drive motors that polute and do far more danger to us an the enviroment. Deisel fumes? Every bus/car/lorry is pumping the stuff out all day long. Which causes far more damage to us and the planet. Cancer from smoking cigs is the least of our problems. Just think of the radioactive crap that is spewing from the nuke plants in japan. Then theres the wars. DU being dumped all over the world. Not just killing people but for years after wards children will be born deformed ect ect. Yet no one seems to mention this.
edit on 20-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don' t smoke but my dad does a lot, so i seen the packages in a trash can in the garage. Canadian Cig warning labels are even worse, it shows organs inside your body, with blobs of cancer cells, blackened lung vessels. etc

I will never take up smoking, i just know whats inside of it to make me disgust it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've been smoking on and off since the age of 14. I'm 29 now. I started smoking really heavy during Uni because I hung out with a lot of jazz cats and orchestral string musicians, who all smoke. I replaced heavy drinking (I was a full blown alcoholic until about a year ago), with smoking as I figured that either vice was bad.

I tried the e-cig route for a few months, and I could never get used to the harshness of the vapor. It made me cough worse than a certain green plant does.

I'm down to about a half pack a day from a two pack habit. I don't plan on quitting as neither side of my family has had complications from smoking. They all lived to a ripe old age. I'm a jazz trombonist myself and have never found a decrease in playing ability from smoking.

I honestly enjoy smoking, and I've met some very good friends outside of the coffee shop because we're all social smokers. It's nice to be outside a bar at night and bum an attractive lady a smoke and a light.

Do these shock adds work? Perhaps to the right demographic of people who were already considering the thought of quitting. They don't phase me one bit. I found worse images in my parents' medical books.

I find that balance, not abstinence is the key. I eat healthy, I exercise, and I drink tons of unsweetened iced tea daily. The antioxidants in the iced tea have shown promise in staving off certain aging effects of smoking.

In either case, to each their own. It's an individual choice, and I don't need big government telling me what I can and cannot do to my own body.

-TS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join