It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Amsterdam

I invested in a da budda vap, and i am glad i did

I dont understand why harm reduction isnt part of most governments policies. I have only heard good things about electric cigs, but you can't get the nicotine here in Australia . So iv had to order one online and keep smoking till it gets here...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

My Dad just had surgery in October 2011. Before the surgery he was asked if he smoked, even E-Cigs.The Dr. said the E-Cigs are just as bad, if not worse than regular cigs. He had seen several patients for bacterial pneumonia caused by over smoking the electronic cigs. So I say just smoke if you're going to, I do. There are far more questionable things just in the air we breathe, indoors and out. By the way my dad died, and it wasn't from a cigarette. Life is too short, and we're all going to die in one way or another anyway. By the way, are TPTB going to put pics on bottles of beer, liquor & wine, of people killed in accidents, livers that have stopped functioning, or any of the other horrors caused by liquor? I doubt it. The cigarette companies have been sued for what their products have done, so they're covering their a**. But liquor has gotten by without the companies being responsible since prohibition.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StormMysticD

The Dr. said the E-Cigs are just as bad, if not worse than regular cigs. He had seen several patients for bacterial pneumonia caused by over smoking the electronic cigs. So I say just smoke if you're going to, I do

That's one of the largest loads of BS I've read in a while. You're basically telling people that it's better just to smoke then? You do realize that, cigarettes contain hundreds of ingredients and then once combusted and inhaled, cigarette smoke contains around 4,000 chemicals, with hundreds of those being carcinogenic, right? And an ecigarette contains (at least mine do) 4. 3 of them are non-toxic and the nicotine, when I use it, I use very small amounts. When vaporized, these ingredients don't change in chemical composition and the vapor still only contains those 4 ingredients. Any 'carcinogens' found in any liquid have been so small they're a non-issue. Matter-of-fact, they're right on par with the amounts found in FDA approved drugs like the patch and gum. Bacon contains thousands of times more carcinogens than ecigarette liquid.

So I say....do some research before you go off giving people incorrect and possibly dangerous advice.
edit on 22-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StormMysticD

You might be half right with this statement, but you should be aware that most of the problems associated with the ecig come from use of chinese ejuice. I would NEVER use these liquids because you just have no idea how they are made nor exactly what is in them. Cheap ejuice is not good, and good ejuice is not cheap.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Food for thought. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... Self medicating to remain normal? Wouldn't it be easier for them to clean the chemicals out of tobacco. We wouldn't have to go to the doctors or take medication if the nicotine sensors were operating right. My interest is not in why tobacco works to restore function to these sensors but what is causing natural acetylcholine not to work. Something has been introduced into our food chain that causes this, long time ago. It's so long ago that I have a hard time finding what it is. People started smoking to cancel out it's effect. I'm talking at least a couple hundred years ago but probably thousands of years ago. If these sensors don't work right, the brain cannot fight diseases right. Who profits by these sensors not working the most.
edit on 22-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Quit smoking last week because of the message on the pack from a woman. She says "Without my Oxygen, it feels like I'm breathing through a straw". What got to me is how much she resembled my late Grandmother. So now I'm smoking a non-nicotine E cig. First few days was very tough to cope with lack of nicotine but now I'm doing great. Survived my first drunken night without having a smoke too so there's hope.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OP

i'm thankful for this useful thread which led me to quit smoking after having been an avid smoker for exactly 22 years. reading your post, i spontaneously made up my mind, fired up another tab, ordered an e-cig and right now, i'm enjoying day 4 without a real ciggi, and there hasn't been any nicotine withdrawal syndrome either. now i'm using the e ciggi while reducing the amount of nicotine on gradual basis, i might switch to a zero nic. cartridge with strawberry flavor in around a month, who knows. but i don't think i'll touch a real cigarette ever again.

i think i owe you the healthier days of the rest of my life. i want to express my sincerest gratitude. i'm really thankful.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
OP

i'm thankful for this useful thread which led me to quit smoking after having been an avid smoker for exactly 22 years. reading your post, i spontaneously made up my mind, fired up another tab, ordered an e-cig and right now, i'm enjoying day 4 without a real ciggi, and there hasn't been any nicotine withdrawal syndrome either. now i'm using the e ciggi while reducing the amount of nicotine on gradual basis, i might switch to a zero nic. cartridge with strawberry flavor in around a month, who knows. but i don't think i'll touch a real cigarette ever again.

i think i owe you the healthier days of the rest of my life. i want to express my sincerest gratitude. i'm really thankful.

Thank you,

I am still trying and I wish you luck.

I will also continue to ignore the many trolls and butt-wipes in this thread that don't see the thread for what it really is...just a shout out and reminder to all smokers of what we are facing if we don't gain control of our lives and bodies rather than being controlled.

Peace and Good Luck!

Jude11

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join