It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Soooooo a bunch of cancer pictures.

haha exactly what I thought once I finished reading the short OP...

Cancer IMO is gonna get you if you like it or not.

Whers my ciggy!!!!

This has some truth in it definitely..

all in all pretty disappointing OP, see pictures like this all the time on my local ciggie packs.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
After a long day at work, a few beers and a smoke feel like a gift from the gods!

It is a gift from the Gods and we should treat it as such.
Used properly, it centers one and releases your prayers as the smoke rises to the heavens.

When habitually abused it's deadly and loses it sacred meaning.
It's that additives that cause the worst of those cancers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They're rough pictures to look at and hopefully they'll stop some teenagers from ever taking up a smoke. They say most kids start smoking because of peer pressure, these new warning labels should give kids plenty of reason to say no thanks regardless.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
reply to post by jude11

After being a smoker for 16 years I quit after reading an amazing book by Allen Carr called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking". Watch "cutting down" on ciggies, it makes you cherish those puffs even more. I'm 9 weeks stopped and couldn't be happier. Good luck on quitting!

I am in the process of reading this book as well and as far as I am concern the best approach to quitting! I've tried patches and pure (weak) willpower in the past with no luck. Reading this book will put smoking in an entirely new perspective. Anyone wanting to quit should read this. I actually challenge any die hard smokers on here to read this book as well.

BTW congrats saintsjunky

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Am I the only one that notices if you can quit for 2-3 days that next cigarette tastes so bad you lose any drive to smoke a cig? Im on day 5 of quitting, first 2-3 days used a patch but now I cannot even smoke without it being nasty

Speaking of nasty: We are told that our sense of smell improves when we quit smoking. Well, I quit for three days last year, and it's TRUE! I found out that the world STINKS TO HOLY HELL! I could smell the trash in the dumpster from thirty feet away. Tuesday is the day everyone puts their trash out on the sidewalk, and the smell was so bad I couldn't walk the streets without pulling my t-shirt up over my nose.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I got to disagree with these type of antismoking ads. Most smoker will use ciggies for stress relief. When. they see images like this their subconcious reaction is to reach for their pack. I have had a lit cigie in my mouth by the end of a grafic tv ad. Why not make helpful tips for quiting, compulsary on each pack?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I remember a pathologist on campus at my school who would walk around and take cigarettes out of students mouths and throw them on the ground lol. Its crazy when students who are in the healthcare field know the effects of such and still smoke ya know.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If I had the time I would collect all those gory and truthfully horrible pictures of people who broke their limbs skiing or biking plus there are worse photos of traffic accidents [which statistically is far more dangerous than smoking]. However people wear selective blindfolds depending on what they are scared of at the very moment in time. Using the same argument we should plaster cars in gory images, to remind everyone how dangerous driving is.
Maybe there could be images in ski lifts, depicting broken necks and others injuries, just to remind you how dangerous skiing can be. Swimming, rock climbing, the SUN [gives a lot of cancer!], riding, drinking, eating, heck everything has deaths to claim. What is so special about smoking?
Sex, nobody wants to give that up but oh boy can you get crap from doing it and million of people are dying of AIDS..
So what if you give up smoking, you could die tomorrow from anything else. Alternatively I have known people who lived til 96 and had smoked for more than 70 years.
So like lots of other people have said, this thread is pointless as it is not convincing anyone who chooses to smoke. I find pictures of illnesses on packets patronising and hypocritical because smoking is legal as it brings in revenue.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

Being an internet badass is pretty easy without a cancer diagnosis isn't it?

I want to hear you say after you get diagnosed, then I'll believe you're a true rebel.

Not really following the 'badass' thing.. Suffice to say I can smell a Schadenfreude a mile off, it's all in the first line of the thread. The OP wants a pat on the back in addition to belittling those who really don't care. Good luck with life.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yes. I wanna light up right now.

I really do.

I cant though, Im at work.

Soooooo a bunch of cancer pictures.

Let me ask you this.

Do you actually know anyone that has died because of smoking?

I have not.

But I know plenty, lots and lots, that have died of cancer.

but not because they smoked.

Cancer IMO is gonna get you if you like it or not.

Whers my ciggy!!!!

I cannot believe you got a bunch of stars, I bet from smokers who want to believe they're invincible.

I know someone who died from smoking, My Mom, she suffered for 4 years, she was diagnosed at 57 with COPD, not cancer, people tend to forget cancer is not the only thing smoking causes. SMH. There were no quitting aids to help her when she smoked like you smokers have now. I am so dissapointed at the sheer ignorance people have and the lack of care for their loved ones that suffer with them when they become sick.

try being a 22 year old girl who loved her Mom with all her heart and she was her best friend, now try being that girl who had to clean her Mom's trache tubes, hook her up to machines every night, take her to the restroom, wash her, call her doctors, argue with the mortgage company, cry with the utility companies so they wont shut you off, hold your Mom's little hand because she's weak with an oxygen level of 70, OR even worse, watch her CO2 levels rise and watch her go into a dillusional state where she thinks shes going to a party and shes 20 again, only to see anguish in her eyes when she can't walk to 2 feet to get her hair brush.
Wake up every two hours in the middle of the night and stare at your Mom to make sure she's breathing.

its HORRIBLE PEOPLE. COME ON. Smoking is not worth it.

I need my Mom so bad, I miss her and want her back every day. I cry every day, the only time I ever get to see her is when I dream and unless it's a lucid dream Im usually doing something silly and not saying what I really want to say to her. I miss you Mom and Love you so much.

If you don't want to quit for yourself, quit for your loved ones and quit for your children.
unless you want a trache in your neck and on 24/7 oxygen.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

Being an internet badass is pretty easy without a cancer diagnosis isn't it?

I want to hear you say after you get diagnosed, then I'll believe you're a true rebel.

Not really following the 'badass' thing.. Suffice to say I can smell a Schadenfreude a mile off, it's all in the first line of the thread. The OP wants a pat on the back in addition to belittling those who really don't care. Good luck with life.

My Mom was healthy too, 5'1 and 105 pounds all muscle, she was a tough woman who can lift a couch with one arm and vacuum under it. Lung disease tends to come on slowly, people deny its from smoking when they have a tickle in their throat or a little cough that comes and goes or the deny everything and claim they are ok so they don't have to to go the doctor. then one dy you will be in your 50's 60's or even 70's and bam you get the cold a mild one at first but then it goes int your lungs, the lungs that have been seeing tar for the past 30 years and now its too late, Lung Disease sneaks up on you, and it can get you at any age. don't let it catch up to you.
edit on 21-4-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sorry buddy, but do you actually get affected by those pictures?

We also got them here at our country now, and I must say, no one from here feels any effect from those pictures :p
They don't help at me either.

I don't know about smoking really. Some can smoke forever, doing no harm, and others get bad illness. But I don't know any single person in real life, who got effected by smoking... My grandpa is 85, been smoking since 12, and he dosen't even cough.

But if you can't quit the smokes, then buy an E-cig, they are really good and they don't effect your health that much.
And it is cheap!! Very cheap. 60$ and you are on your go with your new healthier life!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
BS.
This is propaganda. Vasoconstriction maybe but not cancer.
Tobacco is on the contrary protecting you from cancer.
Check the link first: Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer
Than google 3-Nitrobenzanthrone.
Better check your refined nutriment full of acidic foods.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Sorry buddy, but do you actually get affected by those pictures?

We also got them here at our country now, and I must say, no one from here feels any effect from those pictures :p
They don't help at me either.

Oh I do. Just seeing those pictures turns me off smoking.

Don't understand why there are people who literally smoke 16 packets a day - do they have a death wish or something? Surely, with all the information out there today, the labelling, packaging, continuous warnings from doctors you'd think people would get a message.

But yeah, you might not be seeing the effect i.e. no coughing, nothing - but it's shriveling up your insides..bleh.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That's scary!
. I'm just happy I'm no nicotine/tobacco smoker. Every cig takes tens seconds away from your life and yet people keep smoking them. If that's the thing then just smoke cannabis. If anything it'll help cure cancer and will never kill you! I'm just saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by jude11

this is another reason why i switched to electronic smokes or ecigs....

It took a bit of getting use to, but i found a style i liked with juices i love and the amount of nicotine i need...

Granted its not for everyone, but i quite enjoyed smoking, i also dipped.......i got my ecig 2nd of November....

I havent touched cigs or dip since.........

i can smell again, i can smoke anywhere, i can run with no problems.........this thing has been great........

I recently had a checkup, my BP is down and doc says my lungs sound much better.....

i recommend this to anyone, i know it sounds hokey but it works, and its damn far better for you then all the carcinogens in cigarettes.......

if anyone is interested feel free to message me and ill provide any info you need

Hey id like some info.. It won't let me pm you, can you pm me? I guess I am too new. Thanks

Gs

edit on 21-4-2012 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Since I have astma, which was diagnosed while I was a young kid, I was never drawn to smoking cigarettes.
However, when you grow up in Amsterdam, you will unavoidably come in contact with marihuana.

That said, at the age of 17, some neighbourhood friends & I started smoking joints, that pre-rolled tourist garbage. This was disgusting.
So learned to roll myself, had some old 'high'-school mates teach me how.
Now I had the oppurtunity to mix to when the effect beats the smoke-factor.
Was satisfied for a while, but then started to roll purer & purer to a point where the spliffs were only filled with marihuana, no tobacco needed. Smoked pure since, up until last year when I turned 24.
There were some minor improvements though, like switching to unbleached papers.

But I had somewhat of an epiphany last autumn, I remembered reading about vaporizing. My investigation started, read all about how you could adress the effect without having combustion. I had my mind set to switching to vaporizing, and bought the Magic Flight Launch Box.
Am vaping since, and I have to say, it's one of the best purchases I ever made. The efficiency is unbelievable, I used to roll about a gram a spliff, and now I place a pinch of grinded herb in the box to reach a clearer high effect. And most important, no smoke is entering my lungs!
I strongly recommend all pot heads to switch to vaporizing

So to stay ontopic.. Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

My beloved 41 year old uncle left behind 4 beautiful children in 2005. Died of throat cancer from smoking, less than a year and a half after diagnosis. I miss him so much. He tried many times to quit. I wish I could have him back. His children have had to grow up without him.

My grandfather was a heavy smoker. He nearly died of lung cancer. They had to remove part of his lung. He said the pain was so bad, he actually ached for death. He quit smoking and went on to live to his 90's.

I know many people will say "Well, everyone dies." and "People are gonna get cancer anyway so why bother stopping?" But if I had to choose between an accidental death or a prolonged, agonizing, soul-bleeding death, I am pretty sure I would choose the former.

I commend every one of you that try to break free of the addiction. We all have our addictions. Mine is food. It was the hardest thing ever..I had to completely stop all of my eating habits and some days I wanted nothing more than to stuff myself full of bad for me foods. But getting past the hardest first few days and weeks, and you will start to notice you are enjoying life a lot more than ever before. I have lost 65 pounds. I want to live. For my kids. For myself. Whether you quit cold-turkey, or phase it out, you are doing the best thing you could ever do for yourselves. Bless you all!
edit on 21-4-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I used to smoke. From the age of about 14 to the age of 26. One new years eve a friend and I decided we would finish the packets we had and then stop for good. We both did. I'm nearly 40 now and haven't had a smoke since then.

One thing I remember though was those anti-smoking adverts on TV. They would come on showing someone lighting a cigarette and then proceed to show the damage they can cause in great, gory detail.

All I remember is seeing these ads come on, watching a guy light a smoke on an anti-smoking ad and think to myself "that makes me feel like a cigarette". I'd then go outside and have one, missing the "gory effects" part of the advert!

In a way, those ads made me smoke more than ever!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
hey Eaters...all you hamburger and ice cream and etc. lovers....,wanna see something Cool?

your main artery,caused by high blood fat...

don't enjoy food...if it's not macrobiotic that is

hey beer drinkers.... wanna see something Cool?

your liver,caused by drinking anything with alcohol

dont drink beer or wine... ever

hey lazies and car drivers out there...wanna see something Cool?

ride a bike,walk...always

get my point?

Considering we as a species don't need to consume beef or dairy, I'd say yes, there are consequences of consuming such unhealthy foods.

Same with alcohol. There is no need for it and when abusing it, it can cause severe harm.

Sitting around all day is a death sentence.

So your point is actually valid.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join