It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumface Jones

Thanks heaps BJ, & Congrats to you!
No mean feat at the best of times, but more-so when its been a lifelong habit & a heavy one at that!
Although very hard to imagine enjoying a 'beef dinner' fag atm, who knows??
(Lol, just made me think why not cut out the middleman & have 'nicotine' condinments!!) >.< ugh just grossed myself out!
Am off to check it out..
Many thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

You can get an endless variety of flavours. I am smoking "Rum" now. When you smoke e-cigarettes you will still be addicted to nicotine. I have been smoking them for 3 years, and would be "hanging" for a smoke the same way as a regular smoker if the source was removed.

The benifits are enormous. I no longer cough, my cardio is improved, clothes don't smell, I am able to smoke anywhere (I fly a lot), and I am financially better off (About a quarter the cost of normal cigs). Works for me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ozwest

The fact they are illegal here in Oz, only emphasizes my point about the 'quit' campaign here only being lip-service.
Theres no way our government really want us to quit. We're a convenient revenue spinner for the bastards, otherwise it would be illegal, right? Nah, best to keep it legal & overcharge, & these days fine us for lighting up in smoke free areas (which is just about everywhere)

If anything motivates me to quit, its the thought that I'm not helping them to profit from my addiction.

By Oz West- You can get an endless variety of flavours. I am smoking "Rum" now. When you smoke e-cigarettes you will still be addicted to nicotine. I have been smoking them for 3 years, and would be "hanging" for a smoke the same way as a regular smoker if the source was removed. The benifits are enormous. I no longer cough, my cardio is improved, clothes don't smell, I am able to smoke anywhere (I fly a lot), and I am financially better off (About a quarter the cost of normal cigs). Works for me.

Good for you Oz! Many thanks for the local info. So does customs still let you have them?
I am soooo going to give them a red hot go!

Cheers (I Lolled at the rum!)
edit on 20-4-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

I couldn't agree with you more. I lived in America till the age of 23 and moved to Australia (born here) 30 years ago. IIt dissapoints me that people are willing to give up their liberties for conceived security/justice. Tough to find a place in the world un-tainted. I am building my around-Australia vehicle now. Hopefully, in a couple of years, I will find some freedom. During the meantime...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Last time I ordered them there was no problem. Now I just put them in my luggage. I do a lot of business in China..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
oops, sorry doublepost.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

Being an internet badass is pretty easy without a cancer diagnosis isn't it?

I want to hear you say after you get diagnosed, then I'll believe you're a true rebel.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Love smoking, always have always will. I'll still outlive most non-smokers because I eat healthily. To be honest it's people like the OP that keep me going, I just love blowing smoke in smug, self righteous peoples faces.

Being an internet badass is pretty easy without a cancer diagnosis isn't it?

I want to hear you say after you get diagnosed, then I'll believe you're a true rebel.

I want to be an internet badass.

Do I just need an avatar with me holding a gun?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

The big reason they are putting the ban hammer on Ecigs is because of classifications....

Tobacco industry cant claim it so they cant make money off it......

Medical industry cant claim it as a medical device so they cant make tons off it.....

Neither one can regulate it to make huge profits, so wahts the next lvl when you know youll lose a huge profit base of smokers who dont get sick or arent buying your tobacco?

BAN IT

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Quitting is the best thing I ever did. After a while you realize how stupid you were to spend all that money buying something that WILL kill you. Now I can jog down the road without taking 10 breaks along the way.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hmm why isnt a picture of a tombstone embedded with your tax forms, we know the government likes taxes cigarettes are a cash cow california still sells cigs but everything else known to the state of california that causes cancer gets pulled off the market hmm buy ecigs IDK why not quit endowing cigarettes and tobacco with other chemicals just a thought smoking is bad but just saying I find this very peculiar, amusing at the same time call me sick but again just saying. Also refer upton sinclair oh and what did they do to our food again too I cant remember

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
also dont smoke the same companies get more of your money for beer refer to altria lol maybe you will see a liver on your next box of bud

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Naybe a health warning on your next BIG MAC, Where does personal responsibility begin and end?

Enough is Enough!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
And that is why I switched to using an Electronic cigarette...

Don't know if this is true, but I remember hearing that the Electronic cigarettes have some kind of dangerous chemical in the vapor or something. I heard its not any better, or if it is not by much. Hope someone proves me wrong.

Pls read: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And propylene glycol is NOT antifreeze. I've had tons of people try to tell me that the E-cig fluid is made of antifreeze but they're just a bunch of morons. Antifreeze is mostly Ethylene Glycol, not Propylene Glycol.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
And that is why I switched to using an Electronic cigarette...

Curious how you find that and if it works.

Been off of regular cigs for almost 4 years now. Works great, but every once in a while I have to have a regular cig to remind myself why I have to stick to the ECig (usually only when I forget my Ecig at home & I have to bum a stogie off someone, they taste like garbage to me now)
edit on 4/21/2012 by ArrowsNV because: added a bit

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ozwest

I agree with you there, also I would like to say personal responsibility is great but the same system says dont buy the big mac but they really want you to buy the big mac remember the ronald mcdonald house isnt doctors or technology they are hope
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I quit smoking 4 years ago. I was a heavy smoker of 30 smokes a day. I tried to quit many times without success then one night before going to bed i stood outside (As i always smoked outside the house) smoked my last smoke went inside screwed up my smoke packet and the smokes inside, threw them in the bin and went to bed. It killed me in the morning not having a smoke but i went on a mission of eating and drinking healthy to try and see a benefit soonest.

The reason i packed in? I have 3 children and i thought to myself that if i could just buy me one more year on this planet to see my children and any potential grandchildren then packing in smoking was worth it.

FYI i am 35 (Was 31 when i stopped) i had been smoking since i was 15 and in the latter 5 years it was 30 a day

NEVER STOP TRYING PEOPLE!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just lit up. I have a knee jerk reaction to people telling me to stop smoking, I smoke.

I don't see how its anyone's business if I smoke. The average person inhales more toxins just walking down a street with moderate traffic than if I blew every breath into their face.

It is not your "right" to take away my "right" to smoke. My body my choice. Your space is my space is your space is my space. The fact remains that you "pollute" yourself more by living in a world that uses fossil fuels. I could smoke all my life and never produce more toxins than a single car in its functional lifetime. Enjoy your ride to work and back today.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
The average person inhales more toxins just walking down a street with moderate traffic than if I blew every breath into their face.

This is true.

When I was performing autopsies, people that would arrive from our largest city, and they did not have a history of smoking, they all had black on their lungs.

Even teenagers.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

this is a powerful insight you have

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join