It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Most Powerful Federal Agency You’ve Never Heard Of !"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It was Rahm Imanuel, Obama's Chief of Staff, who said it best. “Never let a crisis go to waste”. And man, do politicians jump all over this kind of thinking. In the heat of a financial collapse, started by the federal government with their idea that everyone had a right to own a house, with money borrowed at low interest rates, provided by banks who were told to lend it or else, we had politicians like Dodd and Frank who decided to write a Bill that would keep it from ever happening again. This from the same two who were at center of the reason for the crisis in the first place.

So now what do we have? Another federal bureaucracy that has no control, and will only grow and will not solve anything. This is why our country is slowly going to hell!

Fnews

It is the most powerful federal agency you’ve never heard of -- and lawmakers from both parties on Thursday vowed to keep abreast of its astonishing growth and rein it in, if necessary.

The Office of Financial Research, or OFR, was created by the Dodd-Frank financial services overhaul that President Obama signed into law in July 2010. Technically housed under the Treasury Department, the agency has until now received its funding not from the Congress, but directly from the Federal Reserve.

Toward that end, OFR was invested with virtually unlimited subpoena power. It can compel just about any company in America to turn over to the federal government sensitive internal data, even proprietary information.

It will grow like a weed - just like DOE, EPA, OSHA, IRS, etc., etc., etc., No checks and balances, no oversight, not a chance for the American people. Our leaders have forgotten one simple ruth - "The government that governs least governs best".

Dodd and Frank should be in jail not living high retired on the tax payers dime. The two of them practically caused the financial crisis all by themselves.

Give it time, and we'll not even be able to take a crap without some Government entity saying it's ok to do so.

When is America going to finally say they've had enough..?

edit on 19-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

When is America going to finally say they've had enough..?

I've had enough.....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Right!

How about a sobpena for Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and Social Security and the Governrments very own Federal Reserve?

Oh silly me that is just for Wall Street and Not the people at the center and creators of the "financial crisis" here you go people more centralized power and control that is nothing but pure fascism.

edit on 20-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Wow.....i so want to link the entire south park episode of crap inspectors, but I will refrain from suffering you all through another cartman stunt.....but wow, thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is all about totalitarian control of the masses with the free America of the founding fathers slipping away as would the life of a frog in a container of water being brought to a slow boil! Where is the Congressional outrage on the part of the GOP leadership who are doing nothing but enabling Obama to destroy America from within?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Right!

How about a sobpena for Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and Social Security and the Governrments very own Federal Reserve?

Oh silly me that is just for Wall Street and Not the people at the center and creators of the "financial crisis" here you go people more centralized power and control that is nothing but pure fascism.

I really need to take a pee! Is there a special 1-800-fedline number I can call to get the ok? Just worried I might not get my tax return back this year…

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I agree, except you said that America is "slowly going to hell." Slowly? If this is slow I would hate to see fast.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Disaster Capitalism

free market policies of Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman have risen to prominence in some countries because they were pushed through while the citizens were reacting to disasters or upheavals. It is implied that some man-made crises, such as the Falklands war, may have been created with the intention of pushing through these unpopular reforms in their wake.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This I find thee most disturbing:

the agency has until now received its funding not from the Congress, but directly from the Federal Reserve.

Why does a Private organisation funds an government agency?
What do they get in return?

And the F.Reserve? That means unlimited funds..

edit on 20-4-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Are you a lobbyist for Jamie Dimon's bank JPMorgan Chase & Co.? Do you know that bank holds over two trillion in assets? Now that's scary not some paper tiger bureaucracy.

What do you think about this> articles.marketwatch.com... Why does Jamie get to write his own rules and why was his bank still gambling with derivatives? You know why? Because he can write his own rules :because there is still no oversight of big banks in this country :because they own K Street and K Street gives the U.S. Senate marching orders to let them to whatever they damn well please :Because they contribute big bucks to campaigns like no others and now SUPER PACKS since the much very scary Citizens United ruling.

I know Ron Paul who you support would like to had our democratic republic, or whats left of it, over to the most wealthy, but it ain't going to happen with out a fight. The majority of the American people aren't going to allow the remnants of this once democratic nation to be handed over to multibillionaires. That is, the remainder of this country to be handed over to the likes such as the Koch brothers and the bankers they own like Jamie Dimon that loan out their capital holdings and speculate on the NY Merc. deregulated to the max manipulating energy prices up and up which actually causes price inflation. That scares me, the scary people who are own the two trillion mentioned at the end of the loan chain. They hold the paper, on houses, cars and cards. Because money does not grow on trees, it flows like springs out of oil wells, and only a hand full of people on the entire planet own most of them. THAT"S SCARY !!!!!!!!!!! Not a government agency designed to stop the scariness and restore our democratic republic.

You obviously are a proponent for plutocrats.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by neo96
Right!

I really need to take a pee! Is there a special 1-800-fedline number I can call to get the ok? Just worried I might not get my tax return back this year…

Governrments very own Federal Reserve?

The federal government does not own the Federal Reserve System, a system of private banks, it's an honorary 1/5 partner in the FR System which is referred to as "a" central bank, but really is a consortium of multiple banks.
edit on 17-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

top topics

join