It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Volcano on SciFi Channel 4-20-12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow, got it set up to tape later. It's on at 2 am PDT.

" A vulcanologist tries to prevent a catastrophic eruption that would destroy civilization after an oil-drilling operation strikes a magma flow in the Gulf of Mexico, and inadvertently creates a volcano in Miami"

Hmmm?

We can have a discussion later ok?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What's the SciFi channel? Is that a channel where they play a lot of cool science fiction? I don't think it exists man.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Kind of like this sort of thing happening?

Mud Volcano Was Man-Made, New Evidence Confirms

A new analysis shows that a deadly mud volcano in Indonesia may not have been a natural disaster after all. The research lends weight to the controversial theory that the volcano was caused by humans. 32 digg Villagers near Sidoarjo noticed a mud volcano beginning to erupt at 5 a.m. local time May 29, 2006. It was about 500 feet from a local gas-exploration well. Every day since then, the Lusi mud volcano has pumped out 100,000 tons of mud, or enough to fill 60 Olympic-size swimming pools. It has now covered an area of almost 3 square miles to a depth of 65 feet. Thirty thousand people have been displaced, and scientific evidence is mounting that the company drilling the well caused the volcano. “The disaster was caused by pulling the drill string and drill bit out of the hole while the hole was unstable,” said Richard Davies, director of the Durham Energy Institute and co-author of a new paper in the journal Marine and Petroleum Geology, in a press release. “This triggered a very large ‘kick’ in the well, where there is a large influx of water and gas from surrounding rock formations that could not be controlled.”

www.wired.com...

Nah,that couldn't happen.JK
edit on 19-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The Syfi channel huh? .........I'm sure that the channel that brought us Sharktopus will handle this subject in a very realistic way!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
come on guys, I will admit there are some cheesy films at SciFi but sometimes... sometimes there is a good one. We shall see.

I noticed this because of the premise of the story, oil driling in the GOM and a volcano. And it's a 2012 movie. Could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
global.christianpost.c... om/news/popocatepetl-volcano-threatning-to-erupt-19-million-prepare-to-evacuate-73454/reply to post by berkeleygal

What a coincidence eh...I love volcano's and lava flows because of mt st Helens when I was there

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A strange topic indeed. When conquistadors came across Florida they claime it had a volcano. Nobody had.mentioned it since.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hmm for those that are not thinking it....

Interesting conspiracy THEORY developing. The BP oil "spill" was created in order to stop a volcanic eruption. Releasing the pressure build up in a pocket of lava that was about to cause a volcano to explode?

It has been theorized that the oil spill was really a volcano due to the the oil being red. I do not know much about the oil industry. But I have heard the dinosaur oil theory is bogus to make us think that their is a limited supply.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
saw that movie, has 2 different names -

swamp volcano and miami magna, same movie, not bad for syfy not good tho =/

but mud volcano of the Caribbean would be much better plot/story, hope they do one!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Hmm for those that are not thinking it....

Interesting conspiracy THEORY developing. The BP oil "spill" was created in order to stop a volcanic eruption. Releasing the pressure build up in a pocket of lava that was about to cause a volcano to explode?

It has been theorized that the oil spill was really a volcano due to the the oil being red. I do not know much about the oil industry. But I have heard the dinosaur oil theory is bogus to make us think that their is a limited supply.

The only conspiracy with the horizon disaster is the negligence of the responsible parties of that oil rig and the response after it.

Oil being red?????
Was it magma you suppose?

Just asking your opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Vulcanologist? You mean like Dr. McCoy?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Wow, got it set up to tape later. It's on at 2 am PDT.

" A vulcanologist tries to prevent a catastrophic eruption that would destroy civilization after an oil-drilling operation strikes a magma flow in the Gulf of Mexico, and inadvertently creates a volcano in Miami"

Hmmm?

We can have a discussion later ok?

So you started a thread about a movie,which you haven't seen yet...in Fragile Earth?

Oooookay. Syfy usually has some bad movies.They occasionally have a decent one though.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

yes I did, mainly to give people a head's up, in case they wanted to see it.

and I already stated what you did in your second line.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

That's why theres a movie forum

You'll have to watch it and let us know how it is.2 am PST means 5 am EST. Will not be awake!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks for heads up! Sounds interesting, for the exact reasons you mentioned. And its a good thing you put it in Fragile Earth (as opposed to movies, which I was unaware ATS had), or I wouldnt have seen this post.
Scifi/syfy channel is AWESOME.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OK, it was hokey. Only thing I found interesting is that the rig was called TransOcean Alpha.

Just started watching "Alien Tornado" - this looks like a much better movie!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
OK, it was hokey. Only thing I found interesting is that the rig was called TransOcean Alpha.

Just started watching "Alien Tornado" - this looks like a much better movie!

I'm at a loss at how you think a movie named "Alien Tornado" will be much better?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Well, it was! Much better than Swamp Volcano.
Alien Tornado held my attention, I guess because it involved aliens

Next Saturday is 2012-Ice Age and Space Twister!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I like SciFi's cheesy movies but I couldn't make it through Alien Tornado. I fell asleep with about 30 minutes to go. It was super bad. Sounds like I didn't miss much with Swamp Volcano.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I love good sci fi movies, but you're right. "Scyfy" (hate that misspelled logo) makes some awful ones.
I know it's off topic, but we need more great sci fi. I'm pumped for Prometheus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join