It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think all of these foreclosures are happening.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why I think all of these foreclosures are happening.......

People are losing their jobs and can't pay their mortgage

Prices are getting so high on everything people can't afford to pay their bills anymore.

That's what I think.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not up at all on the foreclosures in America, could anyobdy with free time post a suick summary of what exactly is happening?

By the sounds of it, America is falling and isn't the place to be, I'm glad the UK seems to be a few steps behind you guys (for now at least
).

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by ventian

Good observation.

We work hard for things we want and by them at an inflated price.

The true worth of these items is discovered when we try to sell them. If you really need money these things are worth pennies on the dollar.

Now with some things, we can't even keep the pennies.

They've built a better mousetrap............

There's another Rent-A-Center commercial with these two where they say something like "in the NEW economy... blah blah blah." I remember thinking "NEW economy????" Subliminal messages are being used like this all over to get us used to the way things are now, because TPTB have created a new Status Quo. In other words... get used to it because things are not going back to the way they were, and they will probably get worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

You are probably onto something, but the real reason is much more dire.

The dollar is imploding. It's slowly creeping up on us and when it hits, swhtf.

The banks are already collapsing and needing to be bailed out.

The entire economy is collapsing and jobs are being lost en mass.

The system is trying to slim its self down and trim off the excessive fat.

There's too much debt and non-existent money to stop this train wreck.

They are taking extreme measures to ensure their own security.

They will cover this mess up and run from it as long as they possibly can.

They know what will happen to them if it all comes crashing down.

They are like a dying animal making a few last desperate attempts to save themselves.

No matter how many ways they try to put it off, eventually the storm will arrive.
edit on 20-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

I must say though, that possession is 9/10's of the law.

Actually, the correct legal adage is that "Possession is nine POINTS of the law. In old English Common Law, there were 12 "points" which related to ownership, with current possession being 10 of them. Some commentators listed eleven points, some 10, some other numbers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Some people made out like bandits. Refinanced their mortgages took the money, pissed it away and walked when it was time to pay up. A family member of mine did that and I feel like the foolish one paying my bills on time because she is now renting a beautiful new home and I am stuck in a 2 bedroom condo (because its all I can afford). And now she can be like Boo Hoo big mean banks, but she pulled 60k out of that house!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would rather have that be the way it is, to be honest. Cages are bad, but shackles are worse. That's the system we have now: shackles.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have never owned a house.

I have had 3 friends that have lost homes, had them foreclosed on, then lit them up.

2 of them are in jail for arson, one died in the attempt.

I have a feeling that we are going to start seeing more of this in the future.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Yes I am afraid you are right. There is only so much one can take, and we are a very materialistic society. A poor man is left with nothing but pride. If you try to take that from him, he will always fight. Sorry to hear that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
check out the thread I just posted on Breaking Political News about Fast and Furious. I added a couple of things that might interest you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well... just where are the banks/ financial institutions getting the money to foreclose on these properties ...(from the Fed Reserve)

"they" can foreclose and put these properties on their 'positive cash flow' side of the balance sheet... the future ability to snoop on any rentors is just a nice unexpected benefit and was not a purposed intention by the banks-as-landlords effect.

BofA is part of the government subsidized $25 Billion restructuring of underwater mortgages program... but there are so many 'conditions' that very few will be able to take advantage of the underwater re-appraisals...
again these are un-intended consequences of Public Law that the big corps. with their bevy of lawyers have been able to sidestep to their advantage(s)

there is no solution to contrivances/greed/one-upsmanship... except keep out of the system...UNplug from the matrix as-it-were

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join