It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lol, bush at his best (Debate Time)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Just because the guy isnt a great public speaker doesnt make him a moron...he's an educated guy...and if can get past the stuttering and him occasionally mis-pronouncing a word...you'd see that...

Occasionally mispronouncing a word? How about not being able to comprehend the meaning of a word? It's amazing to me that english is really his first language :shk:.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe why he spoke some spanish in his speech at the RNC, he sucks with english so see how he does with spanish.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Gotta wait to see the video, but I will assume from the comments that it's more of Bush's unfortunate lack of speaking talent.

"If everyone eligible to vote did so he would probably lose handily but unfortuately, the majority don't and so we are left with these mindless robots with no historical or factual perspective to make decisions for the rest of us."

Maybe I'm not understanding. This reads to me as though the "mindless robots" are the only ones smart enough to vote. But the non-voters are supposedly the real smart ones because if they voted, they'd vote for Kerry. But if they're not voting, they must not be too smart. So what's the deal? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
Gotta wait to see the video, but I will assume from the comments that it's more of Bush's unfortunate lack of speaking talent.

Actually, it's more like a high school kid trying to weasel his way out of the fact that he didn't do his homework. Only to fail miserably.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Occasionally mispronouncing a word? How about not being able to comprehend the meaning of a word? It's amazing to me that english is really his first language :shk:.

You have to remember...he has a STRONG Texas accent...and (just my thoughts) is probably told to try and tone it down (hence saying a word incorrectly)...and just because he takes a minutes to answer a question...doesnt mean its because he didnt understand a word...He is a college graduate...and one whos slow to speak...Im glad he doesnt just blurt things out (normally)...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
You have to remember...he has a STRONG Texas accent...and (just my thoughts) is probably told to try and tone it down (hence saying a word incorrectly)...and just because he takes a minutes to answer a question...doesnt mean its because he didnt understand a word...He is a college graduate...and one whos slow to speak...Im glad he doesnt just blurt things out (normally)...

Just watch the video. Then tell me whether you still think this was merely a case of mispronounciation

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I watched it...i still think its just that the guy has a problem getting things out at times...it was rather funny though....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He may be a college graduate but his entire response to that question made NO sense. He had absolutely no idea how to answer. He sounded very uneducated. Just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join