It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test turns to humiliation for kindergartner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Char-Lee

That is disturbing on many levels.

Is this teacher still teaching?

That was Spring valley elementary and Concow in California near Oroville in the mountains. her name was Mrs. Goodmundson, Hope not but the year my son graduated 8th...he is 30 now, the wonderful coach who gratefully hated my son... who hated sports at the time, was found to be taking boys home and molesting and photographing on a regular basis, they did not prosecute but sent him on to teach elsewhere.

I get so sad over how bad things are, what can a person do. No one seems to back those who complain, like I did when the teacher sent those sexual books home with a baby basically, she said it was because he was such an advanced reader, and the school principle I met with just said i was right and that was that...no changes except the books did not come home.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not a good situation.

We teach our children to obey authority figures and those same authority figures abuse the obligation.

I had a similar experience but took action instead of blindly following orders. I was never one to respect authority anyway.

Maybe parents should teach children to obey authority figures but also teach them to know when one is abusing the power.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Um, the majority if kids that crap themselves do it on school buses and just where do you think you're going to find a toilet on a school bus? Where do you think that bus driver is going to be able to stop to let those kids go to the bathroom? It's illegal to let them run to the bushes on the side of the road.

Accidents happen. Until porta-potties get invented into schoolbuses, this will keep happening. You would be better off suing companies like International or Blue Bird who build those buses for failing to include toilet facilities. Kids can't always control when they have to go take a dump or pee, theyre going to mess their breeches.

Now if the child is refused the right to go to the toilet when they need to, then you might actually have grounds to sue on if you can prove it. When i was 5 in kindergarten i did have a teacher who did not let me go to the bathroom when i had to poop and i did mess myself and when my mother found out after i got home she drove straight over there and had a talk to that teacher and the principal and she told me the next time i had to go that i had her permission to get up and go whenever i needed to and she would deal with anyone who tried to stop me.

Children need to know that if they have to go, they do not need to ask. Most kids by the time theyre in middle or highschool already know this and just go. Personally if it was me i'd have told the teacher "you got 2 choices, i can poop in the toilet or i can do it on your shoes, take your pick".

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
WOW, close to home for me. A kindergartner should never be denied bathroom breaks. They can't hold it as long as an adult. Don't get me started on them not even cleaning her up!

The sad thing is this is all over. I witnessed, in 8th grade a girl being denied bathroom after explaining ''it's that time of the month'' Now the bathroom happened to be very clearly visible from the classroom so it's not like she was dodging class. The teacher had already embarrassed her as much as she could stand so she said f*%& you! went to the bathroom anyway, then proceeded to ''bring back the evidence''. Long story short an otherwise excellent student got in trouble for forces she could not control. Not as crazy a case as the story in OP, just sayin this is a type of thing that happens alot sadly.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

But the child did have access to a toilet, this was not on a school bus, this was in the classroom! So your argument doesn't really hold water. When a child is that young, they still have a problem "holding" it sometimes and this teacher was way out of line!

I will update when I see more action on this case of what I consider child abuse!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join