It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STAR SPANGLED BANNER= the first Gangsta "Rap" song

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I did read what you wrote. The majority of your post was about black people so that's what I replied to, other than the one sentence where you back peddled and then said "everyone on welfare".

And a dependent society is a subservient society. You can much easier control them by threatening to take away their basic living needs. The government clearly doesn't care about having an economy as the USA's is being systematically destroyed. It they cared, they would enact policy to change it, it is obvious they don't. Welfare programs make JP Morgan bank a whole lot of money as the USA outsourced the program to them.

How would you feel if someone told you that one of the largest banks on Wall Street makes more money whenever the number of Americans on food stamps goes up? Unfortunately, this is something that is actually true. In the United States today, one out of every seven Americans is on food stamps. In fact, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased by a whopping 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

The amount of FEMA camps would have to be gigantic to hold as many people that are receiving welfare benefits. I just don't see people lining up for FEMA camps even if food was scarce. There are too many "Illuminati" believers out there nowadays thanks to the internet. And historically speaking when people were provided food and living conditions they still wanted their freedom. Just about everyone in prison wants out, African slaves in the USA ran away from their "masters" even when they had decent living standards. A lot of homeless people don't like homeless shelters because they feel like it is a prison. A large amount of people value personal freedom.

edit on 21-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wether we like it or not, the United States... it's people... and it's cultures and sub cultures are built on violence. We were born out of violence. Even the most God fearing, patriotic, and religious of peoples are violent.

We could look at the iconic American Cowboy or America's heros such as Washinton, Jeferson, Roosevelt, Lee or Grant, Jackson, Sherman, Patton...or the movie heroes like Eastwood, John Wayne, Denzil Washington, Henry Fonda, Burt Lancaster,... or the sci-fy culture with Star Trek as kirk fightsd the rock or green lizard or Star Wars with Skywalker vs Vader

Music...many people look to rock or rap as being violent...if you listen to bluegrass or mountain music you find a casualty rate unsurpassed in other genres..Preety Polly or the Knoxville Girl are about senseless murders of girlfriends..or songs about a family riding into town and shooting up the court room or hangings and family feuds... in some songs 3-4-5 or more people are killed... children butchered... houses and cheating spouses are burned and buried.

I have been watching a series on Appalachia...their are constant localized wars, feuds...rebellions, Coal Mine Wars, the Whiskey Rebellion, Hatfields-McCoy Clan feuds... in fact the war between the coal miners and company detectives/army was so intense.. the federal govt and US Army used airplanes and dropped bombs on US citizens in the caol miner camps...

What country in the world has the best armed and most numerous guns in the hands of it's citizens?...the USA.

Whos sits atop court house statues and monumens?.. the MinuteMan, the Confederate soldier and rebel..

The USA is a culture that was and is built on violence, rebellion, and war...

A violent Rap song is nothing more than a 21st century version of a 18th century violent folk mountain song... based on a 17th century melody from Scotland.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Well a screen name is a name. But really there is nothing wrong with it grammatically. If a persons name was Real, a complete sentence would be "Real spoke.". A complete sentence only needs a verb and a noun.

I was just giving you some constructive criticism, calm down bro. Your posts were hard to read, long run on sentences with no capitalization and few periods. What people call a "wall of text". I'm not a grammar nazi, I was just saying...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I starred that post as it made a lot of sense and I understood the position you were taking. Saturn did a good job of elaborating on your OP but I feel like you short sold yourself regarding the message you were trying to get across.

The daytime talk show was poorly handled, and I think the ATS community has done a much better job in it's presentation throughout this thread.
edit on 21-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah, I feel that way too. I wish I would have put more time/elaboration into it

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Well a screen name is a name. But really there is nothing wrong with it grammatically. If a persons name was Real, a complete sentence would be "Real spoke.". A complete sentence only needs a verb and a noun.

No, an adjective and a verb does not make a sentence. It's not even close to proper English and most wouldn't even consider the idea of the two being lumped together.

Link

I tried to find a more fitting source but it is hard as your screen name and the like are not used in English.

Another source

Your screen name in proper English would be... I don't even know.....

Real speak is the closest you could come, spoken real would be closer. Spoken real is not even really proper but it makes more sense than "real spoke" as one is past tense and the other is not... In the structure you laid out.

edit on 21-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Pondering

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ehm Boncho, not making sense again.

If Real is the person and he spoke, it is a perfectly acceptable sentence in the true meaning of the word,sentence.

Who spoke?

Real spoke.

If it is meant as one word RealSpeak would make more sense though.
edit on 21-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
America is founded on a gang. A gang of rebels.

They came and stole everything. Nothing here is rightfully an Americans'.

They conquered the land, lots of people did it. But what we know as Americans now, they did it best. Hell, they're still doing it today. Taxing the everything they think of, oppressing their "citizens", taking our families to war without a moments notice, dumbing down the populous. It's apparent, they don't give a f--k. They've become the thing they swore to destroy and then more.

Police is a big ass gang that nobody has a hand on, taser our kids to death while high on some drugs they stole from some random guy they threw in jail, rape our women, and kill us by "accident". CIA, NSA, DHS, all of them are big ass gangs that bully the country and other parts of the world.

What is true? Other countries do it? F--k them too, they're no better. America is just the biggest bully. Damn. Something has got to give in this crazy ass world. It's like the human race is infected with a virus, purge us.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Cool story OP ... but I think I am still going to fly my flag. As everybody said before me, the War of 1812 was not about oppression, but fighting AGAINST oppression. America was founded right and strong; it is what has happened to it in the meantime that has turned it into what it is now.

Just my two cents,
Seraph

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not too sure as to how friendly most of you are with gangs, but it's not all blood and gore in the gangland. Most of the time. from my personal experiences, there is no violence, it's a group of friends hanging out, much like people do normally. Violence isn't necessary unless said group is provoked. Much like the Star Spangled Banner insinuates. It's self defense. Granted that the outcomes of the provocations are way too violent and unnecessary, but so is killing the majority of a nation, especially when the majority of that nation are innocent people.

As far as the whole rap is bad aspect, people need to learn to differentiate the sub-genres of rap, or should I say hip-hop. I differ hip-hop from rap, personally. Rap is a dumbed down, "bling bling, I got big wheels and mad ho's" version of hip-hop. Hip-Hop tells a story, rap is like a bad marketing tool used for cheap jewelry and ugly cars.

Hip-Hop
Rap
Gangsta Rap
Horror-Core Rap
Country rap
Christian rap
Rap Rock
Crunkcore

Etc, etc, etc. All different with completely different contexts.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"He composed the words to the tune of an old British drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven". "

Wow, americans should be proud.

America, the house of cards.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I agree on what the OP , just wanted to post a little vid from a 'gansta' rapper on violence and street gangs

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You aren't in the biggest, but you're most certainly in the meanest.*

*Maybe not, when I consider how bad other countries can act etc. But still...

edit on 21/4/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh say can you see, by the dawns early light what so proudly we hailed at the twilights last gleaming.

( Hey brother, can you still see, what we saw last night before the sun went down? That thing we are so proud of ?)

Whos broad stripes and bright stars though the perilous fight, ore the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

(That flag we designed with the stars and stripes, flying over that fort, is it still there?)

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

(that one kinda says it straight out ,no?)

Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave, or the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

( is it still there, that symbol of our hard fight for our freedom from tptb, is it still there to represent what we fought for ? Yes it is. Yes it is.)

This is a query about the plight of the flag on a terrible night, however it is more about what the flag represents than the flag itself.
Gangsta ? I dont know about that perhaps its just a matter of prespective.

We were rebels, with a valliant cause. We stood up for ourselves and claimed our god given freedom and needed to know that the banner we created to represent that freedom was still intact and that the state of our freesom was still intact.
The question really asked on that perilous night was " Is our country still intact, are our peopoe still free? "
I'd really rather not take away from those brave souls who fought to bring us that.

Some wars actually have honor behind them. The American revolution was one of them.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Violence? I think perhaps in the case of this war, the Revolution, it was self defense.
It was necessary because England, at the time , tptb, or big brother if you will was not about to allow anyone to conceive of a life that was not dictated by the church of England. Those in power in England wanted to make sure that the Church was still everything to the people, the divine rights of the monarcy were not to be questioned. Then, to over tax us unfairly so that our resources are cut off, that was the bully move by the crown. Anything we did after that point was self defense.
If someone holds your head underwater your gonna fight to get up.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I find it ironic at this damage control for rap music.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Because it is.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deezey

I wish I would have posted that video in my OP

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join