It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STAR SPANGLED BANNER= the first Gangsta "Rap" song

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You now whats the most hillarious about the video?

As he's pointing out to the audience the correlation between rap music violence and the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner, and he describes the 'bombs bursting in air' people in the audience are saying 'oh, thats FIREWORKS'!!.

The host even says 'thats about celebrating our freedom'!!!

These people cant understand his point because they dont even know what the damn song is even about!

Its a poem celebrating violence and war, in using aggression to defend your turf.

His point, in context, is totally valid.
edit on 19-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGoneWILD
reply to post by amongus

i actually disagree

play a beat, about 94bpm, and then rap it line for line...i could see nas rapping those lyrics with ease and flow

I'd love someone here on ats to make a rap out of this.....

Do it. Prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I didn't say it was anything new. You've fallen into the normalization of torture mindset.

Similar how people were DE-sentitized to the NDAA act because Bush signed the Patriot act. The normalization of tyranny.

edit on 19-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

he describes the 'bombs bursting in air' people in the audience are saying 'oh, thats FIREWORKS'!!.

agreed, it was the first thing i noticed about the video too...the audience is #ing clueless to the lyrics meaning

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by amongus

I didn't say it was anything new. You've fallen into the normalization of torture mindset.

Explain. I didn't say that you said it...was...new. Wth does that have to do with your reply to me? Did you pull that quote out of an old thread? Has nothing to do with anything.

edit on 19-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Where did I say it was about Indians? The OP states that it was written from the war of 1812. Again, you're missing the point of the post by focusing on details.

Did you not watch the video in the OP?

He explicitly refers to Indians...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Until we stop torturing people? Do your research bro. Torture during war isn't a recent development.

You're co-signing the USA torturing because "it is nothing new", as in your perceive it to be normal "in times of war". Torture isn't normal or necessary, but it seems you're DE-sensitized to the idea of it being used.

Whatever happened in the past is the past, I'm talking about as of now. The USA currently tortures, that is all that matters.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

Where did I say it was about Indians? The OP states that it was written from the war of 1812. Again, you're missing the point of the post by focusing on details.

Did you not watch the video in the OP?

He explicitly refers to Indians...

But that was in now way his main point.

Did you really go that far to try and misinterpret it?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gangsta's will be the last line of defense against the NWO - lets see what happens when NWO tries to get Marshall Law in South Central, Harlem or Detroit...it will be a blood bath. I know the black brother's aren't going to roll over like whites in suburbia - yah take me to the FEMA Camp before i cap your ass...last line of defense. imo

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Did you watch the video?

He didn't say the star spangled banner had to do anything with Indians, he said Indians were disrespected during that time period along with women and Africans.

But you're just trying to nitpick, I took his idea and expanded off it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Until we stop torturing people? Do your research bro. Torture during war isn't a recent development.

It wasn't old, you replied to me stating that torture wasn't a recent development

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

lol, found a rap version on youtube

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
They both go to war.
During.g which in.ocents can and do lose their lives.

They both fight for turf that doesn't belong to them.
also for assets.

They both rob and steal.
Gangs are outright, USA is sneaky

Both leave fatherless ( and motherlesz) children behind.
sometimes childre dead.

How is one better than the other?
One is just larger than the other.

I think the Government should be charged under the RICO act.
just like gangs.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

LOL

reply to post by showintail

People have been brainwashed to think that one is a "legitimate" organization while the other one is criminal. Even though they both do the same type of things in modern times.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
double

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

True that. We don't call them "true soldiers " in the streets for nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

But that was in now way his main point.

Did you really go that far to try and misinterpret it?

I already covered the other aspect in other posts. It was based on the war of 1812 and the British invading a country because they sought to be independent. I don't remember any gangs that were trying to form a nation in the recent history of the US.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGoneWILD
drive bys = drone strikes

hahaha good comparison

Which has what to do with the national anthem? They didn't have drones in 1812.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Since the "bombs bursting in air" is misunderstood by some in the audience of the OP video and some in the audience of the thread, let this clarify:

On 12 August 1812, Mars and Meteor captured the American vessels Cuba, Caliban, Cygnet, Edward, Galen, and Halcyon.[Note 1]
In 1814 command of Meteor passed to Samuel Roberts. Under Roberts, Meteor was one of the bomb vessels involved in actions off the American coast in the War of 1812. She participated in the bombardment of Fort Washington, Maryland on the Potomac River in August 1814 and the bombardment of Fort McHenry in the Battle of Baltimore. Thus, "the bombs bursting in air" from The Star-Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key were, at least in part, Meteor's.

Of course, the HMS Meteor was a Royal Navy ship, sent by the invading British...

HMS Meteor was a Thornycroft M class destroyer that served in the Royal Navy.

Link

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

You're co-signing the USA torturing because "it is nothing new", as in your perceive it to be normal "in times of war". Torture isn't normal or necessary, but it seems you're DE-sensitized to the idea of it being used.

Whatever happened in the past is the past, I'm talking about as of now. The USA currently tortures, that is all that matters.

I thought we were discussing the national anthem being a gansta rap song. Has nothing to do with "now" as it is a pretty old song...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join