It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't ATS kind of a pointless site of ignorance?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well, in reality it's just eat, sleep and reproduce, just because we have created a world of wierd entertainment, dosn't really give life any meaning.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Alyssa

I use the site strictly for entertainment purposes.
99 percent of the stuff on this site is misdirection and lies anyway.
Then there are the topics that are killed in their infantcy, we will never know if they were fact or not as nobody will get a chance to read them.
It is rumored that this site is only a cia litmus test anyway, really google ats cia shill.
So, don't get all worked up and enjoy the show, it is only for show ya know!

I come here to point out flaws in reasoning, mostly.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by satron

Well, in reality it's just eat, sleep and reproduce, just because we have created a world of wierd entertainment, dosn't really give life any meaning.

Why do you even include those actions? You could just merely say we live, then we die. Or you could say we are born into the grave.

Still not very interesting, boring actually.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Yes maybe, but right now you are spending time on something boring, so even something boring can be entertaining.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

A useless pursuit imo, folks take their reasoning skills as personally as they take their religion or politics.
You can;t argue with those who have no eyes to see or ears to hear, or sense enough to feel.
But go ahead and do what makes you happy I guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

However, you are here posting. Aye?

If you are so bored, make us an interesting thread. Use your creativity to incite thoughts in others.

Us your fellow humans.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by satron

Yes maybe, but right now you are spending time on something boring, so even something boring can be entertaining.

Depends on what you're getting out of it, you can't call it boring for everyone. I doubt we get the exact same thing out of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by satron

However, you are here posting. Aye?

If you are so bored, make us an interesting thread. Use your creativity to incite thoughts in others.

Us your fellow humans.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then they leave...

edit on 19-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by satron

A useless pursuit imo, folks take their reasoning skills as personally as they take their religion or politics.
You can;t argue with those who have no eyes to see or ears to hear, or sense enough to feel.
But go ahead and do what makes you happy I guess.

And I will.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Boy, you sure have a great outlook on life! You almost sound like a person who may or may not be a danger to yourself or others. Geeeeez!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You made my bunny cry.

Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Boy, you sure have a great outlook on life! You almost sound like a person who may or may not be a danger to yourself or others. Geeeeez!

More like danger of depressing other people. It might cause someone to live their life without zest and fulfillment.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Well, this thread is right up your alley, then. Cold, devoid of positive feelings, depressed, sad, and slightly derogatory towards others who enjoy posting on this site.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This site means a lot to me and its not pointless. First of all, I don't care about aliens and mega-conspiracies as you call it. I'm here more for the news/politics/social issues threads. Are those things pointless? Well, they do effect our lives, so I would say no, unless you are calling life itself pointless. I also like the philosophical and metaphysical threads, because they tickle my curiosity, and that makes me feel good. Feels good, man.
Even if that's all there is to it - getting my little neurotransmitter squirts each day - so what? Its better than feeling not-good.

But what really brings me here is the opportunity to connect to some very interesting minds. I don't care about the topic as I do about the minds I meet here. I've spent a lot of my life in fairly isolated scenarios and I relish the opportunity to connect with interesting minds like a man dying of thirst in the desert relishes a cup of icewater beaded with persperation and gently-clinking icecubes. Drink up!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I mean if you think about it we will never see aliens in our lifetime. There is no super mega conspiracy about our universe or anything else on this boring little rock we call earth. Ghosts and all those other magical/divine things you believe in most likely do not exist.

You are meat, bones, flesh and blood combined in such a way it allows you to function on your own. Basically all you are in reality is a collection of information at a subatomic level operating in perfect harmony with this quantum computer we named the universe. At some point in life we all know we're a connection of information but we are programmed from birth to deny this sad fact of life. So pointless and silly this disgusting reality of sleeping machines is.

You people will log in everyday posting meaningless subjects about conspiracy theories knowing you won't solve anything for there is nothing to solve. Mankind the atom flesh machine programs searching for something more to their meaningless pathetic existence. You build moral codes not because you believe in right and wrong, no no. Truth is moral code is yet another pointless attempt at searching for meaning through a structure lifestyle of false security. Truth is it doesn't matter who lives or dies in this false reality for mankind is pointless collective information. Really think about it. Why even feel sad if your child dies if you can just create more information through intercourse. Why care about the inferior suffering countries if we can terminate that information and replace it with better information.

Well there is room to contribute information...so I'll challenge you to offer up some of your expertise in some threads!

There might be something you don't know about!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
This site means a lot to me and its not pointless. First of all, I don't care about aliens and mega-conspiracies as you call it. I'm here more for the news/politics/social issues threads. Are those things pointless? Well, they do effect our lives, so I would say no, unless you are calling life itself pointless. I also like the philosophical and metaphysical threads, because they tickle my curiosity, and that makes me feel good. Feels good, man.
Even if that's all there is to it - getting my little neurotransmitter squirts each day - so what? Its better than feeling not-good.

But what really brings me here is the opportunity to connect to some very interesting minds. I don't care about the topic as I do about the minds I meet here. I've spent a lot of my life in fairly isolated scenarios and I relish the opportunity to connect with interesting minds like a man dying of thirst in the desert relishes a cup of icewater beaded with persperation and gently-clinking icecubes. Drink up!

I agree,thunder.
It is ,in a sense,not pointless ,but a community.
I have made many friends on here.
This is way better than worrying about the dancing with the stars and the republican candidates,which really only applies to the US.
And don't get me started on pinterest,to which my wife is heavily addicted to.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The OP sounds like a textbook example of "Absurdism". Too depressing for me. I will opt for the more entertaining and positive approach of exploring the possibilities as I have not been provided with proof of anything stated in OP or by any naysayer yet.

Absurdism – philosophy stating that the efforts of man to find meaning in the universe will ultimately fail because no such meaning exists (at least in relation to man). Absurdism is related to existentialism, though should not be confused with it, nor nihilism.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TZela
The OP sounds like a textbook example of "Absurdism". Too depressing for me. I will opt for the more entertaining and positive approach of exploring the possibilities as I have not been provided with proof of anything stated in OP or by any naysayer yet.

Absurdism – philosophy stating that the efforts of man to find meaning in the universe will ultimately fail because no such meaning exists (at least in relation to man). Absurdism is related to existentialism, though should not be confused with it, nor nihilism.

en.wikipedia.org...

I say the OP is more of a nihilist than that. An absurdist will say their is ultimately no meaning, but is fine for people to create their own, but the OP seems to reject the value even in that.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Someone seriously needs to get laid.
And so does the ninny above me.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join