It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A Time Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Is A Revolutionary Act.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My thread title was written by George Orwell. A man before his time in my opinion. The following read will be about manipulation, and how all of our sense are being used in order to ignore "the big picture". There will be quotes, personal observations, PDF's, and links in order for you to identify, and prepare for what is to come.

I have written a few threads over the years concerning subliminal manipulation, and how we are forced to live by the standards of those that choose to control our thoughts, movements and choices.

Here is one that I think links perfectly.
Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a fantastic and well detailed work.
Propaganda and Debating Techniques
www.orange-papers.org...

Here are a few excerpts.

Bury The Lead
Burying the lead (pronounced, "leed") is a newspaper term. It means that you hide the most important fact in the story down at the bottom of the article.

For example, a recent newspaper article about the soaring price of oil tried to explain the price increases in terms of speculators buying oil futures, and political instability in foreign countries causing uncertainty in the market. Then they gradually got around to mentioning that India and China have booming economies that want ever more oil. And then finally, in the last sentence of the article, someone said, "Oil is getting harder to find."

The Big Lie
The Big Lie is a technique that Adolf Hitler used with great success. The idea is that you just keep repeating the same lie over and over, in spite of all arguments or evidence to the contrary, until people believe it. Massive repetition is essential. (Think: "Why do they keep running the same stupid commercials on TV, over and over and over again, ad nauseum?")

"Tell a lie enough times and it will become the truth."
— Heinrich Himmler
"A big lie is more plausible than truth."
— Ernest Hemingway

And another PDF called "In Sheep's Clothing".
www.galaksija.com...

Redefining terms of engagement.
In any human interaction, the aggressor sets the rules. This is the most fundamental rule of engagement. Once attacked, weakened in position, or on the run, any victim of aggression, (including covert aggression) is always scrambling to establish a more favorable balance of power. It's hard to deal effectively with anybody when you start out in a one-down position.

www.galaksija.com...

This lead me to the "7 stages of grief", and amazingly how what we see hear, eat, smell, and taste, can bring about a mental form of grievance.

See if you can recognize any of these feelings when you watch t.v a movie, the news, a song, or even reading the paper.

7 STAGES OF GRIEF.

7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

7 Stages of Grief...

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

www.recover-from-grief.com...

Before researching I felt these emotions without the necessary "reasoning" that most would us it for, like losing a loved one. The difference, is that though I could feel that I am getting to the last of "acceptance and hope", something made me start all over again.

It’s really hard to fathom and accept that there are people in this world who simply don’t have the same degree capacity most of us have to be inwardly troubled when they contemplate doing things that are potentially very harmful to others or even themselves. Not being able to accept this key difference between neurotics and disturbed characters can be a setup for possible victimization.

drgeorgesimon.com...

And more from the author, www.manipulative-people.com...

I would love to hear from other members on this.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

NoRegretsEver, wonderful thread

Thought this was an appropriate video to post as it features interviews with various high ranking news editors/CEOs about the subject of media manipulation - I think Mr Orwell realy would roll in his grave.

Orwell Rolls In His Grave

Google Video Link

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wanted to give this a bump due to the amount of info provided.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you for that, it was a perfect addition to the thread.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yup, I will once again give this a bump, there is a ton of info here.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join