It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was thinking of a few things today....we often hear of alien invasion and I wonder why since if they would be so advanced Id imagine they could simply release a very resistant virus that would kill us...unless they wanted us for slave labor or something....I then started thinking about the people would resist...do we have a gene that gives us a better chance to resist or revolt...I then thought...what if they made a genetic virus that targeted people with that resist gene so the only people left would be the docile ones.

I think we will start to see some pretty cool and scary stuff with genetics in the next 10 years.

Or even think if the military made, lets say a genetic virus that attacked people with more genes found in the Chinese or Koreans, but didn't hurt other races as much or vice versa. Does anyone know of any data on something like this?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

An ethnic bioweapon? That sounds scary, but I highly doubt the military will be able to get their hands on the genomes of every single person on this planet.
edit on 4/19/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I like to think that perhaps there is extra terrestrial life. That they watch us from the heavens, like a child does with a spider, Wondering how poisonous or dangerous we are, but still marvelling at how we scurry. And my point is, I hope they don't viral warfare us, I see no reason to, If they're after resources, why not kill a few million, then explain that we are their slaves and we have to work for them and they leave after strip mining the planet and leaving us to enjoy the quarry.

And how would they be able to make a virus that focuses certain types o person, the urge to revolt is one within somes heart, a sense of right and wrong, you can virus someones morals, you just try to change them, some can't be changed, becuase you can't change spirit.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I carried one line of yours here:
"I think we will start to see some pretty cool and scary stuff with genetics in the next 10 years."

That is a very true observation in the way I see things, but not quite what you are talking about. You mix genetic changes with musings of virus changes. Suppose we just stick to genetic changes? Suppose they didn't want slaves, but they wanted an entire race that was less aggressive as I recently outlined in my thread UFOs Made Me a Democrat, Mostly. Suppose they changed our genetics to make us more like the creatures Theodore Sturgeon wrote about in his 1960 novel Venus Plus X?

From the paperback cover: "He was in a world of strange inventions, unheard-of buildings, unfamiliar language, and creatures who were like men but not men...or women. As the truth of what had happen dawned on him, he fought hard to keep his grip on sanity. The one thing he could cling to was the knowledge of his identity."

That, I am convinced is the future that the ETs are making for us with every abductee they take up to their ships, changes in our DNA. Eventually, we pass those changes along to our off-spring, and they pass them along to their children and when two such altered individuals eventually mate, their children will have been given marvelous attributes and undesirable ones eliminated and never missed.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Venus Plus X ...never heard of it but will know all about it shortly haha....Once a read a book on Dulce too that was far fetched but talked about mixing genes and stuff....

If they are already isolating genes that cause Altzheimers imagine what will be next...just among us...so id have to guess that Aliens would have mapped stuff out much further...Thx for the book recommendation definitely looking it up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Aliensun

Venus Plus X ...never heard of it but will know all about it shortly haha....Once a read a book on Dulce too that was far fetched but talked about mixing genes and stuff....

If they are already isolating genes that cause Altzheimers imagine what will be next...just among us...so id have to guess that Aliens would have mapped stuff out much further...Thx for the book recommendation definitely looking it up.

Just this week there was news that they have found the gene that controls intelligence--which may be an incorrect thing to say. Actually, I think it controlled brain size which can related to intelligence, of course.

Surely, there was a thread or two on ATS about that discovery.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Why not use robots? if they are so advanced wouldnt AI be better?

Why are people like you so stuck on being abused and raped by aliens?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Why not use robots? if they are so advanced wouldnt AI be better?

Why are people like you so stuck on being abused and raped by aliens?

lol no i agree that is my point....they would use something other than physical force! robots would work too...or just send a tiny virus and let it take its toll....virus would probably be cheaper haha

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheVyking

Because they would be far advanced in robotics, and robots make much better slaves. They don't complain, or eat, or tire.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

That, I am convinced is the future that the ETs are making for us with every abductee they take up to their ships, changes in our DNA. Eventually, we pass those changes along to our off-spring, and they pass them along to their children and when two such altered individuals eventually mate, their children will have been given marvelous attributes and undesirable ones eliminated and never missed.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Kill off all the undesireables like the disabled, homeless, etc. They just take up resources anyhow. Just like Adolf Hitler. Kind of like they are doing now.

Funny when YOUR family or creed is on the losing end of the stick in this case heh. Not saying you feel this way, just making the point.

# that plan.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why do you assume that aliens would be hostile? sounds to me like the OP and many others are xenophobes at heart, why else would they make that assumption? if anything, the fact that we are still here speaks of the eternal benevolence of extra terrestrial entities, not their hostility.

The only people that are going to engineer a targeted-virus are your fellow humans, in fact, they have already done it countless time.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
Why do you assume that aliens would be hostile? sounds to me like the OP and many others are xenophobes at heart, why else would they make that assumption? if anything, the fact that we are still here speaks of the eternal benevolence of extra terrestrial entities, not their hostility.

The only people that are going to engineer a targeted-virus are your fellow humans, in fact, they have already done it countless time.

No im just bringing up something to think about.......I am a huge fan of the possibility of aliens...and I believe they do exist, and I have no evidence personally either way that they are good or bad...and I would agree that humans are our own worst enemy at this point...its like we are de-evolving if that is a word.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No im just bringing up something to think about.......I am a huge fan of the possibility of aliens...and I believe they do exist, and I have no evidence personally either way that they are good or bad...and I would agree that humans are our own worst enemy at this point...its like we are de-evolving if that is a word.

well if harmful viruses are arriving on earth (this point can be debated), I don't think its the work of an intelligent extra-terrestrial being

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

well if harmful viruses are arriving on earth (this point can be debated), I don't think its the work of an intelligent extra-terrestrial being

I agree...I was just sort of thinking that some day we could have the potential to make a virus that attacks a certain set of genes...which may be more prevalent in certain races...then I thought...if aliens existed...they probably would be much better at this then us!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

[No im just bringing up something to think about.......I am a huge fan of the possibility of aliens...and I believe they do exist.

This sounds like a hollywood movie script.

In reality, it appears we were visited, but it also appears all UFOs were made by man.

I don't want to think of the googol things that could happen, I just think that what we have in front of us is a true description of Genetic Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Op..

Here is a funvax hoax, but pretty much decribes what you are talking about.

Can't cure people of religous beliefs....But maybe the reptilians have been doing to us for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Genetic warefare? So what do you think companies like Exxon-mobil, BP, Halburton, McDonald's, big oil, big Pharma and big Ag ( can't forget Monsanto they are just TOO evil) have been doing to the planet and you and your loved ones? THEY are genetically re-engineering you and your kids to be the perfect slave race to serve a small elite of shape-shifting aliens posing as human. Your planet is now being adapted for the invaders.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE

Genetic warefare? So what do you think companies like Exxon-mobil, BP, Halburton, McDonald's, big oil, big Pharma and big Ag ( can't forget Monsanto they are just TOO evil) have been doing to the planet and you and your loved ones? THEY are genetically re-engineering you and your kids to be the perfect slave race to serve a small elite of shape-shifting aliens posing as human. Your planet is now being adapted for the invaders.

This. To me its pretty apparent that theres some sort of intentional acceleration of destroying the planet going on. If benevolent aliens were in control this doesnt seem logical if the idea is to sustain life. Also it doesnt factor in external threats (meteor/new big bang, pole shifts, etc) that may be unavoidable even by the higher species technology. So if that were occurring they may be like F it, they are done anyways.

There are balances it seems. But there are definetly things/observations that would lend credence to both the negative and positive scenarios going on.

Always heard people saying that an organic eating inorganics foods can cause cancer and such. There may not even be any real food left.

Maybe thats why people that switch to a raw diet have less complications. Grains, pasta, etc seems to be a good way to go. Organics digest those things better I think. But it makes total sense. Its sad for the organics.
edit on 21-4-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE

Genetic warefare? So what do you think companies like Exxon-mobil, BP, Halburton, McDonald's, big oil, big Pharma and big Ag ( can't forget Monsanto they are just TOO evil) have been doing to the planet and you and your loved ones?

Agreed with this too. I can't go to the level of shapeshifting aliens or even say it's aliens at all, but if you simply look at genetically modified foods and think for a bit it becomes clear that we're entering what's maybe a really bad situation.

Apparently things like GMO foods should be tested over decades to see what effects they have on generations, but instead they've just rolled them out without even doing this, so we don't have an accurate idea at all about where we're heading with this stuff.

And then they have the cheek to think we're just going to happily accept those things not even being labelled in our foods, while they attack farmers and pollute the soils that farmers use to create organic foods. It's a badly messed up situation and one that a lot more people should stop and have a think about.

top topics

join