It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly The Cat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wait till you fall flat on yer ass after stepping out of your car on to a piece of hitherto unseen ice. No, then you'll be doing the instinct and the human instinct is way less cool than a cat's. We look around to see if anyone saw it happen immediately!
It really is an automatic reflex and has unfortunately happened to me on more than one occasion.
ETA But thankfully no one saw me.

edit on 20/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yeah, I've slipped and fallen, and if there's nobody around, it is easier to handle.

I've seen my cats slip and fall, and if I laugh, they act like their feelings are hurt. They turn their backs on me, and their ears go back, while they blink their eyes as if they were trying to hold back tears. I know cats don't cry, but I've seen a full range of emotions with them. Then they start cleaning themselves nonchalantly like, "I meant to do that". And yes, they do get embarrassed. They can get very jealous too.

I have a 7 year old tom cat who's mother birthed him in front of me and then ran off, leaving him encased in the birth sac. He would have suffocated within a minute, so I tore the sac and blew on his little nose, and he gasped his first breath.

This cat thinks I'm his mama, and he doesn't like my husband. My husband cannot get near me without this tom cat yelling and running to get between us. He's a cool cat, he likes everybody...except hubby.

All mammals have a limbic system within the brain, which is the seat of emotion. Therefore, they all have emotional responses. They may not have the frontal lobe capacity to consider all the implications of their feelings, but they do have them.
edit on 20-4-2012 by FissionSurplus because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Out of all the beasties on this planet the cat is for some reason my favourite. Not to mention having an elephant for a pet is unrealistic too... It's solitary existence (often, certainly in some species of the larger cats), a certain selfishness combined with a heartwarming sensuality of complete abandon that it is hard for a person to resist. All that purring and padding (when they try to claw you while purring and lying on your lap
) can get a bit much but it is always meant well. I think.

Dogs are fun and cute too but for working people a cat doesn't mind 9 hours being locked up, A dog often does.

As for one of your cats not liking your husband I can sympathise completely. My Nan had a dog that would growl at my Grandad if he tried to kiss her goodnight...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I too share my space with two cerebellar hypoplasia sweeties. My Lily who was abandoned by a woman in Seattle who got her from a disreputable breeder and Hunny who is a gift unto me. He was found after a meeting with our city on establishing a coordinated TNR program, educating rural communities about feral felines was my specialty. He was abandoned in a parking lot at 5 weeks old and was trucking along the blacktop when I picked him up and looked into his little face, I realized immediately that he was blind as well. All the vets in the area thought I was out of my mind but that was ten years ago and the both remind me daily that life is more than focusing on so called perfection and that great lessons sometimes come in unexpected packages.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join