page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
dsc.discovery.com...

dsc.discovery.com...
www.tvfirstlook.com...

(Discovery Channel, 10pm) - What was Jesus doing from ages 12-30, a huge gap in the Biblical accounts of his life? Scholars explore Jesus' missing years, from a hidden bunker in a Nazareth home to clues that he may have been influenced by an apocalyptic desert sect.

This is on tonight at 10, check your local listing, i thought I could create a thread to discuss the show. Has bert erhman on it, that guy is alright. anyways. let us watch

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Another conspiracy: What if Jesus was raped and have children? This video actually talks about the possibility

edit on 19-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What if Jesus was raped and have children? This video actually talks about the possibility

LOL, pretty hard to rape a guy if he don't want it.
edit on 19-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What if Jesus was raped and have children? This video actually talks about the possibility

LOL, pretty hard to rape a guy if he don't want it.

Don't forget a man having a child? He was known for miracles but that's going a little far.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Love it.

Suddenly we have documentation of the lost years; like the passport of a terrorist?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Ok, am I the only one who thinks this guy is REACHING with some of his imagery here?

I mean, come on. I may be a fool, but I am not THAT much of a fool!

Seriously?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have never been one for the 'Lost Years of Jesus' stories. They often take in a little bit (read: A whole hell of a lot) of the author's own ideas, much like a fan fic.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you watch the hidden years of jesus documentary they name the child of jesus. "Jo had him" No joke watch it I think it's part 7.

So hopefully this documentary is just as thorough are they going to get into how jesus mirrors osiris,buddha,mithra and some others before his time?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Anyone have a link to the full show...

Apparently the discovery channel doesn't give full episodes.... and this show isn't on where i live

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not sure "Jesus The Lost Years" on Discovery presented anything new on the topic as I haven't seen it yet but this topic isn't anything new as a variety of other shows/movies have been done discussing this period in his life. Don't get me wrong, even as an Atheist I still intend to watch it.

Here's "The Lost Years Of Jesus" from the Biography channel awhile ago;

These links usually have shows and movies up shortly after they have aired/premiered;

www.1channel.ch...

www.telepisodes.net...

www.tv-links.eu...

projectfree.tv...

www.moviesdatacenter.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes, yes. Jesus had kids, they gave 13 bloodlines, now these bloodlines are the Illuminati Black nobility. Jesus was influenced by Indian philosophy. I don't believe a damn thing about Discovery. Paid by the Government and, apparently, Disney.
The guy is dead. Stop making him turn in his grave. Today you just have to say anything about Jesus and according to Dan Brown or Discovery Channel, it happened. Hell, someone even say the guy is an alien. Come oooon! Jews are not aliens, can't they tell the damn difference?
edit on 22-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I thought it was a one time show, it is really an entire series. Saying how rebelous JC and JTB movement is and comparing them to the Essenes

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So was there anything not already known shown in the show thus far?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

So was there anything not already known shown in the show thus far?

The very last 30mins was the most interesting! by far! Ehrma was on it. Some of the scholars (such as ehrman) do not believe in Christ divinity and some of them did, so it was a mix opinion. Ehrman stated, saying that Jesus was the messiah was like saying david Koresh is the messiah in modern times.

Many of it was linking the essenic DSS to jesus time and how connected JTB was with a rebel group, a movements propelled by baptising, comparable to today OWS tea party In my honest comparison

its a series, happy to know that

Go buy the DSS, its a journal of life

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

So just people's opinions tying the the old to the new but nothing new discovered/presented.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

So just people's opinions tying the the old to the new but nothing new discovered/presented.

Agree with that assessment. Visually well done but the producers did not appear to tie together the various viewpoints of speakers into a coherent story / theory of Jesus. I appeared for a few sound bites near the end of documentary and was one of the people who said Jesus was a revolutionary. Here is a clip of that sound bite.
www.5min.com...

There are allusions to this position in the NT but nothing concrete. IMHO, the best evidence for this position on Jesus comes from a hidden reference in Josephus to "the Egyptian".
www.jjraymond.com...

That material won't be in the show but something ground-breaking should appear in Episode 3 tentatively to air on May 3. I've been told by the producers that they will present my theory that Jesus was a Hasmonean prince, grandson of the last Hasmonean king (Antigonus). The first 30 page of the book where I make this argument are online here for those interested.
www.jjraymond.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

"The Life of St Issa

The claim that Jesus spent his missing years in India originated with Nicholas Notovitch's The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ in 1894. Notovitch, a Russian journalist, claimed he had found documents in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery which described Jesus' life. In these scrolls Jesus was known as St Issa. At the age of 12 he left Jerusalem for India where he studied the Vedas. He was welcomed by the outcasts for his wisdom and miracles but the Brahman priests grew jealous and sent St Issa away. He journeyed to Kashmir and Tibet. In Tibet he mastered the Buddhist Scriptures and then returned to Palestine to preach."

answering-islam.net...
DID JESUS GO TO INDIA?
By Philip Johnson

Interesting take as to one conspiracy in regards to the missng years of Jesus. The author in the link, concludes that it did not happen.

interesting parallel...

Dionysus childhood..

In Phrygia the goddess Cybele, better known to the Greeks as Rhea, cured him and taught him her religious rites, and he set out on a progress through Asia teaching the people the cultivation of the vine. The most famous part of his wanderings is his expedition to India, which is said to have lasted several years. Returning in triumph he undertook to introduce his worship into Greece, but was opposed by some princes who dreaded its introduction on account of the disorders and madness it brought with it (e.g. Pentheus or Lycurgus).

Many will argue to death against any notion that stories were adopted into the writting about Jesus... so yeah, though the origins of the India story are not of the canon(as i know), the stories are stil there and parallel.

Jesus, Royal Family, and India! School For Scandal ?!?!?!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is claimed that the first mention of Jesus going to India was during 1894. In the my thread(link above), I go to show that a play that was first performed in 1777 titled 'The School For Scandal' by Richard Brinsley Sheridan through coded linguistics says this very thing.

I am yet to view the discovery channels take on the subject, do they mention India?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Fascinating new "series", but where the he!! did it go??? I managed to find the 1st installment, but can find no others. I e-mailed Discovery Channel to find out when it would air again & they responded that they had NO plans to air it!

Does ANYONE know anything about what happened to this promising program???? Has anyone found the REST of the series anywhere online?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Yes, yes. Jesus had kids, they gave 13 bloodlines, now these bloodlines are the Illuminati Black nobility. Jesus was influenced by Indian philosophy. I don't believe a damn thing about Discovery. Paid by the Government and, apparently, Disney.
The guy is dead. Stop making him turn in his grave. Today you just have to say anything about Jesus and according to Dan Brown or Discovery Channel, it happened. Hell, someone even say the guy is an alien. Come oooon! Jews are not aliens, can't they tell the damn difference?

The spirit of the living God never dies, and that's who he was, or became at one with, reborn from above, not of the flesh, but of the spirit.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

These links usually have shows and movies up shortly after they have aired/premiered;
www.wally.tv...
ASDFnews

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join