It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redirection from AST to a web site called Heavy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know what is going on but as of late I have bin redirected to this other web site called heavy, Heavy

Now I don't know why but it keep happening when ever I try to enter ATS or it will happen as I am using the site.

So I don't know what's up but can you guys look into this and see what is going on.

It's driving me nuts for I am always redirected when I'm not wanting to go there.

Thanks
J
edit on 19-4-2012 by jsettica because: who knows

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've noticed that as well.

Not sure if there is a hidden ad I'm clicking on or what, but it's very off-putting, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Good to see that I'm not the only one that this is happening to.
I wonder what's up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyan
ATS is obviously trying to make more money by forwarding us without or consent.
What a sad world **Snip**

Actually you couldn't be farther from the truth.

And the truth is we've been trying to track down this inconvenience for a few days now. Even our staff has been hit with the same re-direct. Our suggestion to everyone is the same as we've been instructed while this gets researched. Please close and clean out your cache and temp files.

I wish I had better news for you, but we are on it and trying to narrow down where the problems lies.

edit on 4/20/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

I made THIS thread to document ATS glitches for SO to troubleshoot. My speculation is that there are upgrades going on, but nothing from Springer or SO, so I can only assume. They may be implementing a new game. Until they respond, it's guesses.

I'll make a link back here.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've never been re-directed, but I am also on a Linux box (Mint 8) running Opera, It's the current config of the laptop I'm on, Maybe it's browser related.

It may be helpful to report the browser you are using, as Opera seems immune to the re-directs.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We should all keep an I as to how it we get redirected to this site.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ok so after doing a little looking and tracing the redirect that and the site and sever that I am directed to I cam across some interesting stuff that I think you should know.

First of all the redirect is by this sever jsn.dt07.net server
It has more that one address, more than one

Next looking a little more I find that it's all so part of a group of sites that do this, other

The next thing I found if that you have to in bed it into your site, code or this more code .

This is code works like a virus but it met to redirect traffic to other sites through click bank.

From what I can tell it's is on ATS, where I don't know where most likely in a add some where. or as hidden script some where on the site.

Some how I don't know how you got it or how it got there but it is use to boost the click through of this site Heavy . So it seams that something is a miss here and you should take a good look and see what is going on.

I hope this helps in any way.

J

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Also posted and discussed HERE

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Have you tried contacting the other website to see if perhaps they have been affected as well, or if it is just some prank by a hacker?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica

Some how I don't know how you got it or how it got there but it is use to boost the click through of this site Heavy . So it seams that something is a miss here and you should take a good look and see what is going on.

I hope this helps in any way.

J

It happens to me randomly when I click on the 'new topics' page.

As that page loads, i get sent to the heavy site.

So its in script or code somewhere, not in another ad.

This is kind of a security breach for ATS, no?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Originally posted by psyan
ATS is obviously trying to make more money by forwarding us without or consent.
What a sad world **Snip**

Actually you couldn't be farther from the truth.

And the truth is we've been trying to track down this inconvenience for a few days now. Even our staff has been hit with the same re-direct. Our suggestion to everyone is the same as we've been instructed while this gets researched. Please close and clean out your cache and temp files.

I wish I had better news for you, but we are on it and trying to narrow down where the problems lies.

edit on 4/20/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

I think its a reasonable conclusion for one to come to, even if he's wrong.

Seems odd he would be censored for expressing his own theory on the matter.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I even got sent a warning for being "ill-mannered" in the way I talked about UPS being hit by us. It's the truth, what do you want me to tell you..?
We're not only going to destroy UPS, we're going to destroy everyone that controls us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It only happens to me about every 20 minutes or so. It doesn't really bother me that much because I can just click the back button.

It's not from accidentally clicking on an ad though. I can walk away from my computer for 5 minutes, come back, and it will have loaded that website on its own.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I do most of my web surfing on my iPad now, so I haven't had any problems. With that being said, in the past, while running my MacBook, I have been redirected to other pages, and was instructed to run spambot and all that junk. There was nothing on my machine, so I came to the conclusion that it must have been a hidden script running in an ad on the site.

This sounds like a similar case.

Just follow Johnny's advice and clear the cache and temp files and see if that works.

-TS
edit on 21-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Use something like "No-script" and this wont happen... or shouldn't anyway.

noscript.net...

top topics

join