It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the outrage at CBS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I agree with this. Why isn't America more upset that it has
been lied to? Are we so used to lies and misleading 'news'
that this just bounces off us? Sad. Very sad. This is
criminal and America doesn't seem to care.

www.townhall.com...

Excerpt -

TownHall.com
Pat Buchannan
September 27, 2004

Where is the outrage? Where is the righteous rage of Dan Rather at the forgers of faked military records of George W. Bush, who played him for a fool?

Something is fishy here. And, indeed, the inexplicable absence of outrage suggests that there is more, much more, to this story

And so it is with Dan Rather and Mary Mapes, the producer of "60 Minutes." Both are today material witnesses to a felony, the enablers of a criminal conspiracy to bring down a president through the creation and dissemination of forged U.S. government documents.

Yet, rather than acting like innocent parties of a vicious plot to destroy a president, Rather and Mapes are acting like a pair of co-conspirators, with grudging admissions and insincere apologies.

Another reason Rather and CBS are stonewalling may be that there was collusion and orchestration between CBS' source Bill Burkett, the "60 Minutes" staff, the Kerry campaign and the DNC's Terry MacAuliffe -- collusion that could make it appear that CBS News has become the clandestine TV production arm of MoveOn.org.

For it is now known that Mary Mapes, Rather's producer, called Joe Lockhart of the Kerry campaign to alert him that the attack on Bush was imminent and to steer him to Burkett. Lockhart called Burkett, but claims they did not discuss the impending explosive Guard story. Hard to believe. Burkett says he also talked to former Sen. Max Cleland, Kerry's liaison to veterans.

MORE STORY AT THE SITE -

[edit on 9/27/2004 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 9/27/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Oh please......we're used to our government lying to us on a regular basis....CBS is just a news station....anyone that believes everything reported from TV news needs to have their head examined anyway. I think most people just see it business as usual.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I think most people just see it business as usual.

That's my point. It's sad. A CRIMINAL action has taken place.
Government documents falsified. A mass media outlet has
intentionally and knowingly pumped these falsehoods. There
is probably a connection to a man who wants to be president ...
and yet there is no outrage among Americans. Where is the
demand for a congressional investigation? Where is the demand
for justice? Where is the demand for truth?

Has America become so apathetic that it doesn't care about
criminal behavior that comes into THEIR OWN HOMES like this?
Is America going to let these criminal actions pass ... criminal
actions that directly influence the most important office in our
country?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'd bet eleventy million dollars* (US) that there'd sure be outrage if it'd been FOX.

Funny. There's something to get really, really riled up about, and everybody's kind of tucking it back into the closet and trying to pretend it didn't happen.

Where's the rage, people??

*I know "eleventy" isn't a real number. Neither is the money being hypothetically bet.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
well it�s a good thing you are only betting hypothetical money cause a few months ago the people at fox news were just glowing with delight at a picture they found of kerry at an anti war rally with jane fonda. After they had been showing that picture for weeks word came that it had been forged by republicans at some bulletin board and to the best of my knowledge they never retracted or apologized. At least cbs had the decency to acknowledge their mistake and dan rather will likely be sent into early retirement.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by transient

well it�s a good thing you are only betting hypothetical money cause a few months ago the people at fox news were just glowing with delight at a picture they found of kerry at an anti war rally with jane fonda.

You mean this picture??

You know that wasn't fake, right?
As in, that is an actual photo of Kerry at an anti-war rally with Mrs. Fonda? And confirmed as such?

He looks good with a beard. I think he ought to grow it back.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The outrage will be seen on Nov 2. I know that the Democrats have all ready got thier excuses ready, voter disenfranchisement heading the list.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If people get mad at Cbs and Mr. Rather for acting upon false intelligence that they thought was true, then they should be a million times more pissed off at the Bush Admin, because not only did they do the same thing, but soldiers and civilians have died because of it. At least Rather apologized for his actions.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by TenaciousGuy]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

lol you really think kerry is the bearded man?? nah actually he is in the back but what I�ve heard from multiple sources is that this picture is fake.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I believe there are more pressing matters at hand. But you want blood so here.

CBS Tries to Clear Up Signals on Future of 'Evening News'
By JACQUES STEINBERG
Published: September 27, 2004

Dan Rather's acknowledgment that he erred in broadcasting a recent "60 Minutes'' report about President Bush's National Guard service has further complicated two of the most delicate questions in television news: when will Mr. Rather relinquish the anchor chair of "The CBS Evening News," and to whom?

CBS has never disclosed a timetable for replacing Mr. Rather, who turns 73 next month and who has been the anchor of the nightly news since March 1981. But in the weeks before Sept. 8, when the Wednesday edition of "60 Minutes" broadcast its report based on documents it now says cannot be authenticated, officials atop the network and its news division had begun discussing a transition plan, a network executive said late last week.

The options under consideration include having Mr. Rather step down sometime next spring, perhaps near the end of the prime-time season in May, giving his replacement the relatively low-profile summer months to find his or her bearings, said the executive, who requested anonymity out of fear of being fired at a time of turmoil at CBS News. But no date had been fixed....

Iraq Insurgency. 2 Americans dying every day.
Recession, High Unemployment, Price of Oil. Terrorism. Poor international relations.... Yes guys, lets concentrate on the REALLY important point that CBS fudged a document. We don't even care if the story is right or not.

You know what. IMPEACH POWEL.

Don't you remember the Feb 2003 "Powerpoint From Hell" that showed UNDENIABLE proof of Weapons of Mass Destruction that Colin Powell delivered to a full session of the UN Security Council. He lied straight to their faces and lied to every person watching that briefing. Oh but now its a "war of liberation".

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Transient that photo is not a fake, Kerry is in the background about two rows back. He is not the beared guy. There is a photo that shows Kerry and Fonda on a stage. That one is definately a fake. But this one is not.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by transient

lol you really think kerry is the bearded man?? nah actually he is in the back but what I�ve heard from multiple sources is that this picture is fake.

Apparently my sense of humor is lost sometimes.

Sorry, it's not fake. Did you *read* the link I provided?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Don't you remember the Feb 2003 "Powerpoint From Hell" that showed UNDENIABLE proof of Weapons of Mass Destruction that Colin Powell delivered to a full session of the UN Security Council. He lied straight to their faces and lied to every person watching that briefing. Oh but now its a "war of liberation".

It's amazing how quickly people forget. There should be outrage but really there isn't, not in the way there should be. When confronted by such lies from their government people can either choose to fight it or accept it and bury their heads in the sand, choosing to ignore. It seems most choose the latter.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Transient that photo is not a fake, Kerry is in the background about two rows back. He is not the beared guy. There is a photo that shows Kerry and Fonda on a stage. That one is definately a fake. But this one is not.

I believe the larger point is "so what?"

It's not exactly a federal offence to be in the general vicinity of Jane Fonda.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't understand what was so wrong with protesting the war. The only thing bad that the protesters did was treat the troops like crap when they got back(and I do NOT agree with that at all), but if the protesters did not speak as loud as they did, the war would have been a lot longer than it was, and more soldiers would have died, so I believe we owe some kind of thanks to the protesters. You don't have to support why the troops are there, but you should support the troops, after all, only SOME of them commited atrocities. I thank both the troops and protesters, as should all.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by TenaciousGuy]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And that fact right there should be what causes outrage. Why the hell isn't it a federal offence? Where's the justice.

pfffft

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

And that fact right there should be what causes outrage. Why the hell isn't it a federal offence? Where's the justice.

pfffft

After that exercise video i can see why most republicans tried to do it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
The only thing bad that the protesters did was treat the troops like crap when they got back

I believe we owe some kind of thanks to the protesters.

Respectfully - I disagree with you. The 'only' bad thing was to treat
the soldiers like crap. 'only'. This was BIG! The VC used this over
and over to demoralize our troops who were in Vietnam. They used
it while torturing our POWs. This was used to embolden the VC.

I understand why you think the protesters should be thanked, but
honestly, I disagree with you.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

First Church of Al Gore's Beard
www.vinceyoung.com...

I agree with you.
Al Gore looked good with the beard.
He should grow it back.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
The only thing bad that the protesters did was treat the troops like crap when they got back

I believe we owe some kind of thanks to the protesters.

Respectfully - I disagree with you. The 'only' bad thing was to treat
the soldiers like crap. 'only'. This was BIG! The VC used this over
and over to demoralize our troops who were in Vietnam. They used
it while torturing our POWs. This was used to embolden the VC.

I understand why you think the protesters should be thanked, but
honestly, I disagree with you.

Thanks for completely manipulating my post...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join