It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're not guilty of a crime you will be punished for using your rights.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the USA!!!

The speeding ticket game is just as bad. I've argued my way out of a few and they still make you pay for the court fees. I brought it up to the judge and clerk by asking them why if I was found not guilty I still have to pay for the right to a trial for a crime I didn't legally commit.

Everytime I end up in court for a speeding ticket (you'd be surprised how often that happens on a bright red Italian motorcycle, speeding or no) I read up before the court date on what records I'm allowed to ask for in court for that state.

Radar Gun calibration records:
Most places have these ready to go.

Records of Officer's training on the radar gun:
Officer's have to be retrained every so often on radar guns or laser guns. No paperwork, no fine.

FCC License for the Department to use Radar/Laser guns:
This is a biggie. If they don't have this they are done. DONE! Its not refutable, you walk.

Even if they do have their paper work in order it takes time and money to bring forth and then present all of this. That time costs them money. My goal has always been that if I can't win I'm going to cost them more money than its going to cost me. Childish, yes. Petty, yes. Effective, VERY.

May not work in every state but if you can learn to play their game you can cost them a lot of money and some times they'll let you go or turn it into a nonmoving violation (no points in many states) the moment you look like your not just going to bend over.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I must say, Wow! I had no idea your state was so strick. Just reading your post I get a sense of "extremily scary". I actually got goose bumps all over my arms, and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck rise. In your opinion, is this racial or weeding out the poor, or what?
edit on 20-4-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with DUI, but yes local courts, townships and such are a scam and above the law. I am this summer tearing down a little cabin which is fully allowed and permitted. Seems a local administrator found that he misread the blueprints 11 years ago and thought I had tricked him. he even tried to beat me up over it and he is a state cop on the side, I am disabled. Then he conjured up a story that I lived there without facilities, yet my home was one mile away and we only recreated there. Thus a lawsuit based on this.

Sounds like an easy case, they had no case, yes the judge claimed I was innocent of all charges, but then also said he and the local township must stand together and conjured up a rule that my home must be on the property before I could have an out building and thus ordered an acceptations hearing. So far the township has spent thousands and so have I. Then I am informed that this hearing is going to cost double because the township decided to double the rate at this point.

Well, my lawyer whom is a friend mailed me and told me how all this works in this northern mi. County. The governing units there do this, make up rules as they go, then you appeal the decision and then it goes to another judge and then another and more rules are put in front of you until they cycle you into the system enough times you lose everything you own. I was on the merry go round, even though what I have is legal with no way off other than to give in and destroy what was permitted and legally allowed. Another of his, my friends clients went through this and ultimately blew his own brains out in desperation after the courts bled him to nothing, again all over them wanting his land.

Anyone thinking this is a free country is deluded, it is not, it is about corruption of the courts and lawyers and this goes right up through the systems, I have had other experiences that affirm this as well, welcome to American Justice.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
edit on 20-4-2012 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was also found not guilty of speeding, the only evidence the trooper had was that he "visually estimated " my speed as 53 in a 45,(which is why he claimed he was following me in the first place) but I had to pay court costs on the charge, which ended up being the exact amount of the ticket had I been found guilty.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by roaland

the court decided it was off limits because I signed the refusal form (under false pretenses, or legally speaking: coersion by the state trooper)

Ok ya i see what they did lol yup you got screwed which is nothing out of the ordinary in this state haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join