It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biblical god's longsuffering and patience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

No, Matthew 12:38-40.

meh... i still don't buy it...

Well, I'm Christian.

Jesus is Lord. He may not be your Lord, He's mine though.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yeah that did not answer my question, it just fitted into what I was originally asking.

It was pointed and concise. Sin was judged at Calvary. What else do you want me to say. Christ died for everyone's sins, past, present, and future.

God doesn't do double jeopardy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That's hypocritical, why does the word ''sin'' still exist, why do people praise god, why do they do ''good deeds'' if all sin has been accounted for. If it has then there is no reasoning for hell even being there.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That's hypocritical, why does the word ''sin'' still exist, why do people praise god, why do they do ''good deeds'' if all sin has been accounted for. If it has then there is no reasoning for hell even being there.

Hold on now, just because He died for all our sins, doesn't mean everyone seeks His forgiveness. Most don't. Forgiveness is freely offered though to anyone who asks God through Christ. It's free for the asking for people who trust in Him as their Savior.

The people doing "good works" in order to earn God's favor have a witchcraft mentality of God. God's grace is given to anyone who humbles themselves and asks. People trying to earn His love disgusts Him and blasphemes His Son's sacrifice.

edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

You can call it being corrected, its just context. People just mocking and scrutinizing for something to criticise were handled differently. Most of the time I get the impression that is your deal man.
Ok, fair enough. Sometimes I am mocking, sometimes I am asking sincere questions.

Well, it wears on people. It would be time better spent to answer the questions of the seeker, not the mocker. Its just not a productive use of time which is limited. Generally all the folks who are legitimately seeking I talk to via email. And I give them a breadceumb and they follow it. Then come back for another. They are genuinely looking for answers, and Ill answer them till they no longer ask. I just get tired sometimes of the goat rodeo. If youre here to learn something instead of just to mock, thats one thing, but like you said thats often not the case.

And what would you do if you knew that our children were being taught something that is completely wrong, like Hitler's youth groups being taught to turn in their own parents for helping the Jews? Wouldn't you be relentless in trying to stop such brainwashing? This is how many people feel about religious beliefs. Beliefs that have no basis in fact. Beliefs that give a false sense of safety, yet won't save anyone from being raped or murdered. Beliefs that assure that some otherworldly being will save the world before we utterly destroy it. These beliefs are dangerous, and though I wouldn't want to see people mocked, I think that sometimes a caustic remark on religion might wake some people up to the ridiculousness of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

God's grace is given to anyone who humbles themselves and asks. People trying to earn His love disgusts Him and blasphemes His Son's sacrifice.

edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Huh? Isn't the act of humbling oneself the same as trying to earn his love?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Again, hypocrisy, why would any one seek forgivness for anything? That would mean they sinned, how did they sin in the first place , if all sins were accounted for.?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And what would you do if you knew that our children were being taught something that is completely wrong, like Hitler's youth groups being taught to turn in their own parents for helping the Jews?

You might wish to compare that to Islam, not Christianity. There is no compulsion in Christianity. We aren't going to murder anyone, wrong team dude, that's the other team.

This is how many people feel about religious beliefs. Beliefs that have no basis in fact. Beliefs that give a false sense of safety, yet won't save anyone from being raped or murdered.

A: What other civil rights do you wish to deny others? Do you want blacks to have their own drinking fountains? Do you want women to not have the right to vote? Do you want government to run the press?

B: And the last part of your post is utter absurdity, if I saw a rape about to happen, I'd beat the crap out of the dude, and if I saw a person about to be murdered, I'd pull the pistol and shoot the man or woman right between the eyes.

You seem to rely on the Scooby Doo version of Christianity, maybe the Pokemon version, not the Biblical one.

edit on 25-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

God's grace is given to anyone who humbles themselves and asks. People trying to earn His love disgusts Him and blasphemes His Son's sacrifice.

Huh? Isn't the act of humbling oneself the same as trying to earn his love?

You can't earn His love. Humbling oneself is an acknowledgment of His Sovereignty and Lordship.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Again, hypocrisy, why would any one seek forgivness for anything? That would mean they sinned, how did they sin in the first place , if all sins were accounted for.?

All sins were atoned for, doesn't mean we don't sin. Remember the "past, present, and future sins" I said above? Doesn't mean we still don't ask for forgiveness for the things we do wrong. That's just common decency.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

All sins were atoned for, doesn't mean we don't sin. Remember the "past, present, and future sins" I said above? Doesn't mean we still don't ask for forgiveness for the things we do wrong. That's just common decency.

Would like to add that when a Christian sins, it makes sense that he gets out of fellowship with God. Right? The Christian doesn't lose his salvation but does lose the favor/closeness in the walk w the Lord. Our fellowship with God becomes stifled.. When we realize / acknowledge our sin AFTER becoming a Christian, we ask of this forgiveness because we wish to restore ourselves to a rightful place in fellowship with Him.

Just like when your child does wrongly , this child will never NOT be your child once you are born . Can't happen. Same with a born again Christian. It's just that in living the Christian life , we do want to walk with Him as closely as possible. And btw, when He died for us on the cross. We weren't born yet ..so he died for all future sin. Just know in our daily walk, we sin regardless, we are imperfect and just like your child... you'll never become uNborn again. But one must be born again of His Spirit first... Hope this explanation helps some of you. ( I've been mad at my children often ..but then our relationship is always restored to where it should be .)

And Well done NUT
! Keep shining that candle!
edit on 25-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Amen, reminds me of the parable of the Prodigal Son. Even when he was in the pigpen, he never lost his sonship, and the father was desperate for him to just return home for the fatted calf and to put his own coat on him.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Do you actually ever listen/read what you say/write? .

Almost every single thing you've written contradicts itself one way or another.

Nor does it actually answer any question presented.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes! And and how full of mercy He is!. And His love, pardon and forgiveness awaits-extends to everone.
-- Is freely available to anyone who will but put his trust in/come to Jesus in faith. He is so forgiving- Loves us all and is patiently awaiting til the times of the gentiles to be fulfilled. Honestly, how much more time is left?
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Do you actually ever listen/read what you say/write? .

Almost every single thing you've written contradicts itself one way or another.

Nor does it actually answer any question presented.

The natural man cannot receive the things of God. The preaching of the cross is foolishness correct?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

And there it is again. Thanks for making me not want to ever post another comment again.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee
[more]
Hi mentalistbee.
Love the Mentalist series btw.
Oh...I got off track there .
But wanted to let you know that NotUrTypical was referring to something written in Scripture. The Bible talks about things of the Bible not being understood by the natural mind: Interpreting Scripture correctly, (rightly dividing the truth), is given by the guidance and revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Scripture is considered foolish to those who are not born again of His Spirit for there is no faith residing within. New Christians also may not understand things at first ... but with the aid of the Spirit that resides within, He will lead you into all truth.... to grow and learn spiritually.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Joh 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Hope this helps.
edit on 25-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

And there it is again. Thanks for making me not want to ever post another comment again.

It sounds like utter foolishness correct? It sounds absurd correct? If the answer is "Yes" and "Yes" you need to come to Jesus, you need the Holy Spirit. The Bible is a spiritual book, it makes no sense to the unbeliever.

I know this from personal experience, and my brother Seeker is saying the same thing. Ask the man if he understood the things of God before his spirit was born again and resurrected by God. Just ask him.

"14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." ~ 1 Corinthians 2:14

The Wisdom of God

18For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

19For it is written,
“I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.”

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29so that no man may boast before God. 30But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31so that, just as it is written, “LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD.”

Not attacking you, just trying to point out people whith the Holy Spirit are trying to teach you in spiritual matters and unless you have the Spirit of Truth they will seem like utter foolishness to you. Repent, accept Christ, and He'll give you the Holy Spirit. It happened to all of us who are born again.

"So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him." Luke 11:13

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

And what would you do if you knew that our children were being taught something that is completely wrong, like Hitler's youth groups being taught to turn in their own parents for helping the Jews?

You might wish to compare that to Islam, not Christianity. There is no compulsion in Christianity. We aren't going to murder anyone, wrong team dude, that's the other team.

This is how many people feel about religious beliefs. Beliefs that have no basis in fact. Beliefs that give a false sense of safety, yet won't save anyone from being raped or murdered.

A: What other civil rights do you wish to deny others? Do you want blacks to have their own drinking fountains? Do you want women to not have the right to vote? Do you want government to run the press?

B: And the last part of your post is utter absurdity, if I saw a rape about to happen, I'd beat the crap out of the dude, and if I saw a person about to be murdered, I'd pull the pistol and shoot the man or woman right between the eyes.

You seem to rely on the Scooby Doo version of Christianity, maybe the Pokemon version, not the Biblical one.

Are you kidding? Honestly, how can you interpret the bible when you missed every point in one simple post? Amazing. Just amazing.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The natural man cannot receive the things of God. The preaching of the cross is foolishness correct?
So they are SOL? How do they ever exercise the faith to believe?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join